Mandatory punishment for women who abort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I am an organ donor, I have given blood numerous times, and I have given birth to multiple children. I am pro-life and to me that is being Christlike. It never ceases to amaze me how many people who profess to be Christian are not pro-life and yet still profess Christ as their Lord.

How exactly is that being a Christian, when I too am an organ donor, I too donate blood, and while I can't have children, intend to father some? Where does the Christian angle come in if, for all intents and purposes, we are equally pro-life?

Upvote 0

Keres

Jan 25, 2010
✟8,169.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Isn't that making a JUDGEMENT call? i am not prolife, but i would never assume anything about anyonehow do u know such a thing did they tell you this? Unless you know this to be FACT Do not accuse anyone of anything, that is not Christlike.
May God Bless you and Have Mercy on you and me Both

I'm not a Christian.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming to be pro-life and not being an organ donor or giving blood regularly.

And pointing out the appalling hypocrisy of demanding a woman provide a host body for nine months when you aren't willing to donate bone marrow or a kidney.

And yeah, sweetie, I know for a FACT that many people who claim to be pro-life aren't organ donors. On one occasion, during a pro-life protest at a college I attended, I went up to each donor and demanded they show me their organ donor sticker. Of about 100 protesters, only three had put forth the effort to check the little box on their driver's license application/renewal form that stated they were willing to donate organs. 3 out of 100. There was also a blood drive on campus around the same time. They gave stickers if you donated. Only one of these professed pro-lifers had that sticker. 1 out of 100.

Only 1 out of 100 was actually pro-life when the sacrifice had to be made by them. ONE.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When was the last time any of you 'pro lifers' donated bone marrow? A kidney?

Come, come, you advocate torturing a woman in the name of 'life', why won't you undergo a much less painful process that is over far faster in the name of 'life'?

Put up, or shut up.

It never ceases to amazing me how many 'pro-lifers' aren't organ donors and have never given blood in their lives.

How is the most natural thing such as childbearing suddenly "a torture"?
Just because society "allows" for someone to kill that does not mean it is right....

How do you know who is an organ donor and who is not? That indeed amazes me ... ;) Also it is a genarlization to say that pro-lifers do not give blood ...either. We have no statistics and even if we did that does not 'prove' that pro-lifers should not talk. Giving blood has to do with protecting the unborn? Hardy....

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may call me Denise, sweetie is way to personal, we hardly know eachother:p you might be right, i for one do not deal with stats. as for me, i would have love to give blood but i have amedical condition that does not allow me to, actually 2 medical conditions. organ donation also makes it impossible too. but there are other way i help people does need to be with body parts? is that the only way we as humans can give to eachother? if i knew of someone i need of a kidney or a part of me they needed i would gladly give it to them if i could , why would i keep it if i did not need it? do u not think for a minute when i see the newspaper and the bone marrow drives for the 5 yr old girl whos only chance of survival is a donor match and i know that i might be one but i cannot donate, do u know what that makes me feel like? not a very good feeling i will tell you and then have to live with yourself know what might have been,. so not everyone meets your criteria we all have stories, some that actually stop us from donating and some not. glad we were able to have this discussion

I'm not a Christian.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming to be pro-life and not being an organ donor or giving blood regularly.

And pointing out the appalling hypocrisy of demanding a woman provide a host body for nine months when you aren't willing to donate bone marrow or a kidney.

And yeah, sweetie, I know for a FACT that many people who claim to be pro-life aren't organ donors. On one occasion, during a pro-life protest at a college I attended, I went up to each donor and demanded they show me their organ donor sticker. Of about 100 protesters, only three had put forth the effort to check the little box on their driver's license application/renewal form that stated they were willing to donate organs. 3 out of 100. There was also a blood drive on campus around the same time. They gave stickers if you donated. Only one of these professed pro-lifers had that sticker. 1 out of 100.

Only 1 out of 100 was actually pro-life when the sacrifice had to be made by them. ONE.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
my first pregnancy was torture. i love my daughter and would never change her,but that was the most miserable, horrible time in my entire life until she came.

and giving blood is about preserving life which is the battle cry of the pro-lifers

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a Christian.

The fact someone does not donate a kidney has absolutely nothing to do with the fact he would not agree on the legalization of abortion. What about if these very protesters donate towards the local shelter that takes care of mothers who want to bring their children to full term if they have support and make adoption plans for them? I hardly think this is hypocricy...;)

This is your own way of "thinking" about pro-lifers... Some may not think that way. I know many who donate time and volunteer to work in such shelters for the unwed mothers in this country as well as in my country back home in Greece. To me to be volunteering taking care of women who are about to abort but are helped out to cope with the pregnancy instead are the least hypocryts.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my first pregnancy was torture. i love my daughter and would never change her,but that was the most miserable, horrible time in my entire life until she came.

and giving blood is about preserving life which is the battle cry of the pro-lifers
My 1st pregnancy was what i would like to call difficult too, twins. in bed the 1st 3 mths could not get out of bed Bled the whole time, but it was a Joy, it was a Gift from God, not an easy Gift, but a Gift. and they still are a gift and 3 more gifts later, they are the Gleem of my eye.
do you have anymore children? how old is she now? planning on more they are not all the same my other pregnancys were easier.

Upvote 0

faithfulfollowerofYeshua

Galatians 2:19-21
Feb 24, 2010
✟8,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13-16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
and that still makes no point whatsoever... If God knows all, would he not know which children will make it from the womb to live? I'd think so since he's omnipotent. I can't help but think he makes a way for all of them without help from anyone else.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
and that still makes no point whatsoever... If God knows all, would he not know which children will make it from the womb to live? I'd think so since he's omnipotent. I can't help but think he makes a way for all of them without help from anyone else.

He does know....as He forsees the future. He still does not make the decision for you though and that does not mean he is in agreement for a woman to abort a child.... But that is not the topic of this thread...
BTW IMHO there are cases that women should abort such as if the woman's life is in danger or in the case of rape.... Church elders have allowed abortion in the past for cases as these.

Upvote 0

Keres

Jan 25, 2010
✟8,169.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How is the most natural thing such as childbearing suddenly "a torture"?

I did 40 hours of labor unable to get pain killers because hospital policy refused anything stronger than your basic over the counter stuff until you were over 4 centimeters dialated. I followed that up with a C-section. Prior to that I had morning sickness, anemia, etc..

Just because it's 'natural' doesn't mean it's not painful and humiliating.

Sex is 'natural' but when done to someone against their will it is called RAPE.

How do you know who is an organ donor and who is not?

I already answered this question.

I asked.

The fact someone does not donate a kidney has absolutely nothing to do with the fact he would not agree on the legalization of abortion.

Yes, it does.

I have permanent damage to my kidneys from my pregnancy. How DARE anyone demand I submit to that when they are not willing to make the same sacrifice, especially as their sacrifice would be preserving an existing life rather than a potential life.

I used to swim competitively. Thanks to the complications from my pregnancy, I can't do that anymore.

A 'pro-lifer' that won't donate their kidneys or bone marrow proves beyond doubt that the purpose of the their 'pro-life' stance is not to preserve life, it's to control women.

If you really wanted to preserve life, you'd be getting tested regularly for bone marrow donations, and at the very least you'd be queuing up as often as possible to give blood.

Anyone who doesn't and still calls themselves a pro-lifer is a hypocrite.

Due to the complications I have, another pregnancy stands a good chance of killing me. Deny me an abortion, and you would be killing both me and the child.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did 40 hours of labor unable to get pain killers because hospital policy refused anything stronger than your basic over the counter stuff until you were over 4 centimeters dialated. I followed that up with a C-section. Prior to that I had morning sickness, anemia, etc..

What is painful and humiliating according to you is a standard for calling a childbearing standard... (?) Some do like to go through this as part of the process nothing new. I would not call it torture and what you describe is not the standard for all childbearing..

so is eating... lol...

Reactions: blessedmomof5
Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and what should you tell women who are sentenced to die if they cannot abort? be glad for the gift?

my second was easier because I had my disease under control, but I still would not repeat a pregnancy with it not.
i will assume that was directed towards me?
no Did i say that, i will leave it at that bc, i am unsure who your anger is aimed at...... I am Glad God Blessed you and Kept you safe to God be the Glory

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you lost me a way to where and help from who?????????????:confused:

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so then where does that leave me with my reply??????????????Just a bit curious on your thoughts?

I already answered this question.

I asked.

Yes, it does.

I have permanent damage to my kidneys from my pregnancy. How DARE anyone demand I submit to that when they are not willing to make the same sacrifice, especially as their sacrifice would be preserving an existing life rather than a potential life.

I used to swim competitively. Thanks to the complications from my pregnancy, I can't do that anymore.

A 'pro-lifer' that won't donate their kidneys or bone marrow proves beyond doubt that the purpose of the their 'pro-life' stance is not to preserve life, it's to control women.

If you really wanted to preserve life, you'd be getting tested regularly for bone marrow donations, and at the very least you'd be queuing up as often as possible to give blood.

Anyone who doesn't and still calls themselves a pro-lifer is a hypocrite.

Due to the complications I have, another pregnancy stands a good chance of killing me. Deny me an abortion, and you would be killing both me and the child.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so is eating... lol...[/quote]

Nothing to joke about it can be torture trust me on that!!!!!! but with God Everything is Possible:bow:

Keres

i know you do not believe, but i do, and i believe through God all things are possible for those who believe in Him.maybe if you try a diffrent route you may be healed? Just a suggestion:hug:

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

And apparently killing in some circumstances is not murder?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.