Mandatory punishment for women who abort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Try reading what I actually write.

I did. You said praying for someone was insulting them. You linked a site to state you don't believe in God any more than someone would believe in unicorns.

I asked you two questions and you ignored those.

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
By this stage the foetus is now inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid. All the raw materials are in place and the brain and spinal cord are growing at a rapid rate. At around 18 weeks, the asymmetrical tonic neck reflex emerges.

By 26 weeks the fetus is 14" long and almost two pounds. The lungs' bronchioles develop. Interlinking of the brain's neurons begins. The higher functions of the fetal brain turn on for the first time. Some rudimentary brain waves can be detected. The fetus will be able to feel pain for the first time. It has become conscious of its surroundings. The fetus has become a sentient human life for the first time.

At seven months, the fetus is 16" long and weighs about three pounds. Regular brain waves are detectable which are similar to those in adults.

The cerebral hemispheres now cover the whole top and sides of the brain including the cerebellum. Cerebellar development begins from this moment, but will not be complete until two years after birth. Six distinct layers are now differentiated within the cerebral cortex, and almost all of the neurons within the central nervous system are present by the end of this sixth month of life and neural 'circuitry' continues to develop.

Reflexes are an indication of a central nervous system. If you've got a central nervous system you're likely to feel pain.

Check out this...
BBC News | HEALTH | 'Abortion causes foetal pain'

When do you think that this fetus actually becomes a person?

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yep. And I covered what makes a person a person. A fetus is not a person.
That they can draw oxygen from the air?

I think you are having trouble reading my posts.
Yes indeed. I'm having difficulty keeping up whether you want to deal with humans, or ducks, or both.
Try reading the entire post instead of responding one line at a time, and keep in mind that often a statement is a continuation of something expressed in a previous post. It's helpful to pay attention to the debate.
That's good advice. That's why I'd have assumed we were talking about people.
It doesn't matter if you bring chickens, ducks or cattle into the discussion at all, because we're not dealing with them. I thought we agreed we're talking about humans, only.
:D My thoughts exactly.
For one - it's lungs are capable of pulling oxygen out of the air and putting it into the bloodstream.
So someone in an ironlung ceased to be human

Upvote 0

Keres

Jan 25, 2010
✟8,169.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I did. You said praying for someone was insulting them. You linked a site to state you don't believe in God any more than someone would believe in unicorns.

I repeat- Try reading what I actually wrote. You should probably read the link too, it will be educational for you. It's obvious from your summary you only read the first paragraph.

When do you think that this fetus actually becomes a person?

I already answered that question. Multiple times now. I see no reason to repeat myself again when it's obvious you aren't reading anything I actually write.

You didn't even read your own 'supportive' link. Your expert states quite clearly that she cannot prove her assertion that a fetus can feel pain prior to week 20, and that anything they do feel is different from what we know as 'pain'. She admits repeatedly that it's only a possibility, and the same article counters her claims and explains why she is wrong in her assertions.

You also forgot the simple fact that the vast majority of elective abortions have taken place prior to this time period anyway, so her claims are irrelevant.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.