Man shot in London was not connected to the bombing

L

large fry please.

That is a shame. It is better to let a hundred murders go free than to kill an innocent man. I just like saying that, but what was going on with this guys head? "I look middle eastern, i'm in a subway where arab looking people just murdered over 50 people the week before, so therefore I will run from police in a subway looking very scared." Assuming we have the story correctly, I think the victum was justified. These are weird times we are living in. Fear does that to people, it makes them stupid! Thats what the terroists and Bush want.

Upvote 0

molder

May 18, 2005
✟702.00
Faith
Non-Denom
large fry please. said:
That is a shame. It is better to let a hundred murders go free than to kill an innocent man. I just like saying that, but what was going on with this guys head? "I look middle eastern, i'm in a subway where arab looking people just murdered over 50 people the week before, so therefore I will run from police in a subway looking very scared." Assuming we have the story correctly, I think the victum was justified. These are weird times we are living in. Fear does that to people, it makes them stupid! Thats what the terroists and Bush want.

No victim is justified in running from the police.

Exactly what does Bush want in relation to this situation?

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When the police tell you to stop - you stop. If you see a patrol car behind you while driving and they turn on the red lights to pull you over - you stop. A person fleeing from the police bares the consequences.

Things to consider:

1. This man might not speak english, he was Brazillian

2. The cops were in plain clothes, combine this with #1 and you have a very interesting situtation. Men in street clothes, wielding firearms are chasing and shouting angry phrases at you, that you cannot understand, what do you do?

I think the police were probably in the right on this one, but that doesn't mean that the man was to blame for what happened. Sometimes things aren't anyone's fault.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Black_Knight

Jul 13, 2005
Columbus, OH
✟267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Vylo said:
[/color][/size]

2. The cops were in plain clothes, combine this with #1 and you have a very interesting situtation. Men in street clothes, wielding firearms are chasing and shouting angry phrases at you, that you cannot understand, what do you do?

Also throw in the fact that the guy was an illegal immigrant and you get and even stranger situation

Upvote 0

KAG

~ Blessed Be
Jul 12, 2005
Room
✟15,881.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Black_Knight said:
Also throw in the fact that the guy was an illegal immigrant and you get and even stranger situation
No he was legal "Mr Alves said Mr Menezes, who was from the city of Gonzaga in Minas Gerais state, had lived in London legally for at least three years and was employed as an electrician." (from the BBC link)

Upvote 0

ScottishJohn

Contributor
Feb 3, 2005
Glasgow
✟16,690.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Totally unacceptable. I want to see these 'policemen' undergo a full enquiry and if they are found to have behaved like it appears they have behaved, kicked off the force. He was running away - they were afraid to shoot him in the chest in case he was wired. They could have shot him in the leg once. But no they decided in the head 5 times was better!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grl4Christ987

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy...on me
Nov 5, 2004
Physically, PA, spiritually, China
Visit site
✟9,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
UberLutheran said:
"The victim is always guilty until proven innocent."

Lol, yep. That's the way it seems no in our Justice System.

But this story is really such a tragedy...may God have mercy on this Country...:crosseo:

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
KAG said:
I have to say this is wrong in every sense of the word, it's no good saying he looked shifty, or middle eastern, the fact is an innocent man was shot 5 times in the back. On a side note, this is good example of why racial profiling would not work.

Shot five times in the head, not in the back. The British police have a new policy that allows them to shoot suspected suicide bombers first, and ask questions later. They're also encouraged to aim for the head.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Our paper had more info on this case. Apparently he spoke good english. He was shot by an automatic pistol 5 times in the head, a witness said he was already tackled to the ground and had officers on him when the one officer fired.

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Vylo said:
Our paper had more info on this case. Apparently he spoke good english. He was shot by an automatic pistol 5 times in the head, a witness said he was already tackled to the ground and had officers on him when the one officer fired.

That's what I saw on CBC this morning. Perhaps a better thread title would be "Man executed in London was not connected to the bombing".

Upvote 0

Black_Knight

Jul 13, 2005
Columbus, OH
✟267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
KAG said:
No he was legal "Mr Alves said Mr Menezes, who was from the city of Gonzaga in Minas Gerais state, had lived in London legally for at least three years and was employed as an electrician." (from the BBC link)

Oh Really? I stand corrected. Apologies - I saw a report that said he was illegal.

Upvote 0