Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All fields of science. They have had their day of maturing and prospering, and aid to mankind. But now like cancer cells, segments are being perverted and decay is building in each field..

One current example:

"In The Guardian last week, Jerome Ravetz, considered one of the world’s leading philosophers of science, reviewed what he and many others describe as “the crisis in science.”

Ravetz, who has been warning of the emerging internal conflicts in science for decades, sees the crisis is spreading to the general public. “Given the public awareness that science can be low-quality or corrupted, that whole fields can be misdirected for decades (see nutrition, on cholesterol and sugar), and that some basic fields must progress in the absence of any prospect of empirical testing (string theory), the naïve realism of previous generations becomes quite Medieval in its irrelevance to present realities.”

Present reality is that science is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. That’s the not-so-tongue-in-cheek message in Science on the Verge, a new book by European scientist Andrea Saltelli and seven other contributors. Science on the Verge is a 200-page indictment of what to the lay reader appears to be a monumental deterioration across all fields, from climate science to health research to economics.

The mere idea that “most published research results are false” should be cause for alarm. But it is worse than that. Just about everything we take for granted in modern science, from the use of big data to computer models of major parts of our social, economic and natural environment and on to the often absurd uses of statistical methods to fish for predetermined conclusions.

Examples from the book help prove the point. In a chapter titled “Numbers Running Wild,” one of the book’s authors, Jeroen P. van der Sluijs of the University of Bergen, asks how is it possible for a paper in Science magazine to claim that precisely 7.9 per cent (not eight per cent or seven per cent) of the world’s species would become extinct as a result of climate change — when the total number of species is unknown?

Even odder, the species study concluded that the 7.9 per cent demonstrates “the importance of rapid implementation of technologies to decrease greenhouse gas emissions and strategies for carbon sequestration.” How, asks van de Sluijs, do the researchers jump from species extinction to carbon sequestration?

Source:

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/b...cience-is-on-the-verge-of-a-nervous-breakdown

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They have raped science into an opinionated set of mandatory assumptions.
Question is: Who is 'they'?
Those who have selfish ambitions when leaning on their own understanding; and the list could go on ........ of the defects of man using scientifically acquired knowledge.

Look at the below. This is a Mother Nature made natural flood plain, with repeated seasonal sediment deposits, but portayed as abnormal. The result is perverted use of science.

2016-02-24 14.03.42.png

1. The climate has always changed since the beginning. There is no normal or standard steady state.

2. It is not wise to build a house much less cities on flood plains. How did the sediment you build on get there understanding - it happens like in the past.

3. Man does not have enough observational information to know what natural cycles independently and synchronized do to the weather events we encounter.

A) A lot of claims and speculations is not science.

B) Misuse of science is perversion of science

All of the above is information presented daily that we have to filter and discern.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those who have selfish ambitions when leaning on their own understanding; and the list could go on ........ of the defects of man using scientifically acquired knowledge.
I was alluding to the money it takes to create our modern day "science-ism" actually.
It started with the 'enlightenment'.
But now it's the mandatory religion, even used as 'fear-inappropriate content'.
God of the Bible had to go.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Great Barrier Reef, it must be saved from ........... scientific polluters.

"The Reef’s Self-Serving Saviours
coral_reef_and_tropical_fish.jpg

All the many and varied claims of threats are based on speculation and the flat-out fabrications of researchers, bureaucrats and activists seeking grants and donations.

Source:

https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/doomed-planet/2016/06/reefs-self-serving-saviours/

Impure science promoted before all.

Men polluting science rather than using it with integrity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Bible distinctively makes it clear man's nature is sinful.

Place something in man's hand and he will pervert it.

This is now happening with science.

Thank you! I love these type threads. They give me some needed relief from real world problems. (They can be so depressing and stressful.)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Bible distinctively makes it clear man's nature is sinful.

Place something in man's hand and he will pervert it.

This is now happening with science.

And has been happening to the Bible for centuries.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And has been happening to the Bible for centuries.
Nope, however your opinion is evidence of perverted thoughts you picked up.
(or did you mean man interprets and misuses Scripture? that's true..)

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nope, however your opinion is evidence of perverted thoughts you picked up.
(or did you mean man interprets and misuses Scripture? that's true..)

Sounds like you're saying the Bible was created with absolutely zero human involvement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Good example of misinterpretation. :)
A perversion of what i meant. ;)

Well, the Bible was in man's hand from the day it was first put to paper, so either the OP is right or it's not.

As soon as you figure it out, let me know.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the Bible was in man's hand from the day it was first put to paper,
You mean a couple of thousand years in which it took form.
so either the OP is right or it's not.
You probably deny God has taken care of it.
Sure, through human hands, but none the less.
As soon as you figure it out, let me know.
As if that would make any difference... :)

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You probably deny God has taken care of it.
He's not alone at all. Everyone I ask at any church claims God hasn't taken care of His Word nor of His people. This is all through various and wide questions about
why they don't listen to Jesus nor obey Him --- they say they can't , they don't dare(they say),
because they have to "survive"
and they don't trust God enough to believe Him to do what God says.

i.e. few believe God cares for His Word, or even more , for His people.(so they don't become His people).

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's not alone at all. Everyone I ask at any church claims God hasn't taken care of His Word nor of His people. This is all through various and wide questions about
why they don't listen to Jesus nor obey Him --- they say they can't , they don't dare(they say),
because they have to "survive"
and they don't trust God enough to believe Him to do what God says.

i.e. few believe God cares for His Word, or even more , for His people.(so they don't become His people).
Churches...
It's often little more than cultural tradition, a place to meet people.
Might as well go to a bar every week...

Upvote 0