✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Man attacks girls with cleaver in China - CNN.com

Beijing, China (CNN) -- A man attacked six young women with a meat cleaver at a busy Chinese market before committing suicide by jumping out of a building, according to state-run media.
Two of the six were seriously injured, according to the state-run Guangzhou Daily. All of the victims were hospitalized.

Another clever attack.

Follow up on a previous clever attack in school:
Last week, a man was sentenced to death for attacking 29 kindergarten students and three teachers with a knife April 29, according to state media. The Taixing Intermediate People's Court found Xu Yuyuan, 47, guilty of intentional homicide after a half-day trial.
Half day trial. I support his execution, but I have a hard time believing
everything that needed to come out came out in half a day.

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
It's a country where mental illness is stigmitized and rarely treated.....crazies abound!

The first one was done by a mentally ill person who probably should have been locked in a ward for treatment. The rest were copy cat crimes by disturbed individuals.

As for guns....just remember that as bad as knife wielding people are, a crazy guy with a gun would have caused much more damage.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It's a country where mental illness is stigmitized and rarely treated.....crazies abound!

The first one was done by a mentally ill person who probably should have been locked in a ward for treatment. The rest were copy cat crimes by disturbed individuals.

As for guns....just remember that as bad as knife wielding people are, a crazy guy with a gun would have caused much more damage.

Not necessarily. But the argument that guns should be banned because knives are somehow "safer" is naive, as shown by the horrendous attacks in China with knives and other sharp objects.

I guess if I had to choose, I'd choose being shot over being hacked to death.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not necessarily. But the argument that guns should be banned because knives are somehow "safer" is naive, as shown by the horrendous attacks in China with knives and other sharp objects.

I guess if I had to choose, I'd choose being shot over being hacked to death.

Yep, people will remain violent, no matter the tools available.

This story is terrifying to imagine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums