✟15,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
tel0004 said:
not that I know of, maybe some gnostic accounts, but I havent read them. The antichrist is a human, possibly possesed by the devil, but not the son of the devil

I have not heard of anything like this from the bible but this web site kinda ecplains it better:

http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/mythology/mammon.asp

Bascially what it means is wealth, but from what I understand its wealth that is attained by means of evil. So what I'm guessing is that in some religion or other belief they have turned this word and its meaning into a demon of sorts.

- Justin

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
mammon is mentioned 4 times in the bible.

Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

Luke 16:9
“And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home.

Luke 16:11
Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

Luke 16:13
“No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon

But mammon is not a person. Mammon is material riches. Jesus was saying that you cannot have money and getting rich as the central focus of your life and serve Him as well. Read Luke Chapter 16 in full and you will see it is context.

That movie is like a lot of movies that come out about Christianity. More to do with entertainment rather than accuracy.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Upvote 0