Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And this raises a question. Are gay male gynecologists OK?

BTW I happen to know a gay male gynecologist.

My wife always commented that if being a Gynecologist couldn't turn a man gay then it truly must not be possible. LOL (This was an argument against the idea that being gay is a choice)

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And placentas! Seriously, whats with that?

I had never seen one before the first delivery I attended. And then the midwife I was working with told me "ok, so now we have to get the placenta when she delivers it" and I was TOTALLY misinformed as to what to expect... when this... thing... came out and *plomped* into my hands, squelching blood and looking like something from a Lovecraftian nightmare.

The chest burster scene in Alien has nothing on being at *that* end of a woman during a delivery.

Not sexy.

Oh my I almost died laughing at this post.

Everyone whose thinking of going into OB/GYN should have to read this.

Hahaha.

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
YOU also have NO business stating how much clothing an EMT cuts from a persons body is acceptable or not. YOU are not familiar with ALL the circumstances that an EMT has to deal with. If they were to go by YOUR rules, then people would die more often.

But they'd have their dignity.
;)

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Oh my I almost died laughing at this post.

Everyone whose thinking of going into OB/GYN should have to read this.

Hahaha.
I'm glad it made you laugh.

Quite seriously, the offered me oxygen and a saline drip, I'd gone that pale.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I had never seen one before the first delivery I attended. And then the midwife I was working with told me "ok, so now we have to get the placenta when she delivers it" and I was TOTALLY misinformed as to what to expect... when this... thing... came out and *plomped* into my hands, squelching blood and looking like something from a Lovecraftian nightmare.

The chest burster scene in Alien has nothing on being at *that* end of a woman during a delivery.

Not sexy.

No the nightmare is a scene from the book 'Three Cups of Tea' (A biography, non-fiction) where a Islamic woman is dying because the placentia was not delivered and is basically rotting inside her. Luckily for everyone involved the male nurse involved was smart enough to ask and explain and the isolated Islamic villagers were a bit more pragmatic than it seems some people on this site are.

Reactions: LightHorseman
Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by PrivateWoman
I have never been to a male gynecologist and I'm very happy about that. If you look at the first posting I made, I made a commitment to True Love Waits and as a part of the commitment, I am committed to never letting another man except for my future husband to see certain parts of my body.
And if you are in a motor vehicle accident would you rather die?
Interestingly enough, TLW does not require that the teens commit to never letting the opposite gender seen them in the nude. She took the whole "TLW commitment" out of context and added her own rules to it. The whole saving yourself for marriage has nothing to do with medical procedures or occasions of necessity.

Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No the nightmare is a scene from the book 'Three Cups of Tea' (A biography, non-fiction) where a Islamic woman is dying because the placentia was not delivered and is basically rotting inside her. Luckily for everyone involved the male nurse involved was smart enough to ask and explain and the isolated Islamic villagers were a bit more pragmatic than it seems some people on this site are.

There's a story dealing with Muslim women and nursing in public as well. At a dr's office the male dr came into a room full of nursing mothers. They all screamed and threw him out so they could cover.....their heads. They invited him back in and they were still nursing.

Reactions: Rebekka
Upvote 0

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interestingly enough, TLW does not require that the teens commit to never letting the opposite gender seen them in the nude. She took the whole "TLW commitment" out of context and added her own rules to it. The whole saving yourself for marriage has nothing to do with medical procedures or occasions of necessity.

Thank you, I must admit I'm not very familiar with the whole thing. It just doesn't make sense to me to not seek out the best medical professional available regardless of gender.

Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if OP has any idea at all just how many babies are delivered in ambulances, hospital foyers, parking lots and taxis on the way to the mother's well planed, "dream" birth? Not to mention how many of those "all female OB/GYN" clinics have all their doctors away to a conference when the baby decides she's ready NOW...

My youngest niece, Zoe, was born in the back seat of a car as her mother was being driven to the hospital by her doula. They reached the hospital parking lot, but were unable to make it into delivery, 'cause it was my niece's time and she wanted out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mystman

Atheist with a Reason
Jun 24, 2005
✟22,286.00
Faith
Atheist

Not sexy.

Never been present at a birth, but our biology teacher once brought a fresh placenta of a friend of his to the lesson, still surrounded in all kinds of membranes, fluids, mucus, whatever..

ugh.

Just, ugh.

Had to leave the room before I fainted -_-

(on a totally off-topic note: the same biology teacher also once brought in a pair of cow-lungs, and hooked them up to some kind of pump in order to show how lungs look like in motion. Freakiest. Thing. Ever.)

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Here's the basic framework of True Love Waits:

"Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to a lifetime of purity including sexual abstinence from this day until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship."

The Five Commitments of True Love Waits

• To God: Matthew 22:37 - "Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"
  • To Yourself: Matthew 22:39 - "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
  • To Family: Philippians 4:5 - "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."
  • To Friends: John 15:13 - "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
  • To Future Mate and Children: 2 Timothy 2:22 - "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

All great stuff, actually. I just don't where PrivateWoman got the idea that having a male view her privates somehow violated any of this.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by EvangelicalChristian
You can easily tell if a woman is a Lesbian? How?
She must have killer gaydar.

No. She just avoids any woman doctor who wears a plaid flannel shirt and has vacation pictures from Provincetown in her office. ;)

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
No. She just avoids any woman doctor who wears a plaid flannel shirt and has vacation pictures from Provincetown in her office. ;)

Oh, come now, that only rules out the fashion impaired and socially awkward lesbians. What about the lipstick lezies?:p

Upvote 0

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's the basic framework of True Love Waits:

"Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to a lifetime of purity including sexual abstinence from this day until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship."

The Five Commitments of True Love Waits

• To God: Matthew 22:37 - "Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"
  • To Yourself: Matthew 22:39 - "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
  • To Family: Philippians 4:5 - "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."
  • To Friends: John 15:13 - "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
  • To Future Mate and Children: 2 Timothy 2:22 - "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

All great stuff, actually. I just don't where PrivateWoman got the idea that having a male view her privates somehow violated any of this.

I don't see it either, maybe she can elaborate?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh, come now, that only rules out the fashion impaired and socially awkward lesbians. What about the lipstick lezies?:p

I know one pair of leather lesbians where one is pretty butch and the other is very femme. Both very nice people also. But if I were looking for a shoulder to cry on and the emotional support to go on it is the butch one I would seek out.

Looks can be decieving. Few would guess the femme one is not straight.

Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Never been present at a birth, but our biology teacher once brought a fresh placenta of a friend of his to the lesson, still surrounded in all kinds of membranes, fluids, mucus, whatever..

ugh.

Just, ugh.

(on a totally off-topic note: the same biology teacher also once brought in a pair of cow-lungs, and hooked them up to some kind of pump in order to show how lungs look like in motion. Freakiest. Thing. Ever.)
Awesome teacher!!!!

Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Btw, her link to Find a Hospital With All Female OB/GYN Team would not have helped me at all. None of the places I lived are listed and the closest have teams to those areas would not be able to accept me as a patient due to distance (yes, when you are pregnant, it matters). Also, one area did not have midwives or allow homebirthing.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

ugh.

Just, ugh.

I can't imagine how that conversation started. "Hi sweetie, good to see you! What can I get you, coffee, tea, juice? Can I have your placenta when you give birth, to show it to my pupils in class?" "Oh, sure, no problem! Tea please."

:o

Reactions: Etsi
Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Sounds like he was a great teacher.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.