Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I think there's a bit of egotism going on too.

Some people seem to be obsessed with the idea that people of the opposite gender want to see their genitals.

No that's ok I'll pass.

Begs the question, which I am debating whether to ask at all: Would there be a problem if the male OB/GYN was gay? [Like, no doubt, got-a-husband kinda gay.]

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
It really makes very little difference. Those parents were meeting their own needs, at the cost of their daughter's emotional wellbeing. They stole her innocence from her.

But the intention could have been protecting it, and in fact, it could have been damaged less this way. I have encountered cases where a small child was forced to hide her body when she was quite young before her time because not doing so was causing larger issues. The police almost became involved, and had they become involved, the emotional damage would have been greater. Sometimes, society forces us to choose the lesser of two evils.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Then again I imagine in the middle of giving birth you have more concerns than who might by looking at your girlie bits.

One would think so, yes...^_^

Begs the question, which I am debating whether to ask at all: Would there be a problem if the male OB/GYN was gay? [Like, no doubt, got-a-husband kinda gay.]
Judging by PrivateWoman's posts, she would be able to intuit that the male OB/GYN was gay and then probably would have a problem with that somehow that was unrelated to her private parts.

Ya know, come to think of it, for someone who is so "private" about her private parts, she sure is open about discussing them on an internet forum...:scratch:

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
One would think so, yes...^_^

Judging by PrivateWoman's posts, she would be able to intuit that the male OB/GYN was gay and then probably would have a problem with that somehow that was unrelated to her private parts.

Ya know, come to think of it, for someone who is so "private" about her private parts, she sure is open about discussing them on an internet forum...:scratch:

I only mean in context of him seeing her private parts. Having an issue with him being gay that is unrelated, is...well, for lack of a better term...unrelated.

We aren't seeing them, I suppose...if that accounts for being able to be open about it. Good point.:wave:

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
When I did my nursing training, I didthe requisite obstetrics prac. Believe me, there is very little erotically stimulating or immodest about a woman's "girlie bits" in a clinical setting, and exceptionally less so when there is a person coming out of them.

I do so wish people could get away from this "bared body parts=sex" paradigm. Yes, a woman should be able to breastfeed in public. Yes, a male healthcare professional should be able to carry out appropriate OB/GYN procedures. Etc and so forth. People should be able to look at other people in less than a burka without imediately thinking "ZOMG teh SEX!" Grow up people.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have never been to a male gynecologist and I'm very happy about that. If you look at the first posting I made, I made a commitment to True Love Waits and as a part of the commitment, I am committed to never letting another man except for my future husband to see certain parts of my body.
So are you going to be ruined for marriage should you get seen?

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
While I agree, I've pointed out that even women can be sexually aroused by other females. Also, birth is rarely a sexual experience at all. You don't typically hear of males saying "Oh yes, when the placenta exited the vagina I just could barely contain myself!"

Unless your name is Tom Cruise.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Then again I imagine in the middle of giving birth you have more concerns than who might by looking at your girlie bits.
And placentas! Seriously, whats with that?

I had never seen one before the first delivery I attended. And then the midwife I was working with told me "ok, so now we have to get the placenta when she delivers it" and I was TOTALLY misinformed as to what to expect... when this... thing... came out and *plomped* into my hands, squelching blood and looking like something from a Lovecraftian nightmare.

The chest burster scene in Alien has nothing on being at *that* end of a woman during a delivery.

Not sexy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Seriously? You're using teenage boys giggling as your litmus test?

I STILL giggle if I see a picture of a vagina, because it's funny looking and yeah, kinda gross.

Does that mean I'm a perv?

Your posts are as sexist as the other Christians who claim that women are inferior to men.

It's a fair observation actually - although many of the women I know are much more likely to giggle at a guy's undercarriage....*rolls eyes*

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
While I agree, I've pointed out that even women can be sexually aroused by other females. Also, birth is rarely a sexual experience at all. You don't typically hear of males saying "Oh yes, when the placenta exited the vagina I just could barely contain myself!"
When the placenta exited the vagina I could barely contain MYself... but not in the way you mean here :)

Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You can certainly choose who is present for your birth. It is best to choose a midwife and/or an all female ob/gyn practice. I know that all doctors are on rotation in a practice. There is a good directory of all female ob/gyn practices at Find a Hospital With All Female OB/GYN Team. I definitely don't recommend the local hospital that is about 10 minutes from my house because their ob/gyn team consists of 3 male gynecologists and 1 female gynecologist. It is best to drive about 35 minutes away to an all female ob/gyn practice.

I know that there are some gross things about childbirth, but that doesn't make right for a male gynecologist to practice. When I was in high school, we had a childbirth video in a science class and some of the boys giggled. They enjoyed seeing the woman's birth canal. What does that tell you?

I find it hysterical that a woman who has not only not had children, but has never had sex would try to give me advise. I'm on my 11th pregnancy thank you very much. I've delivered at home and in hospitals, by males and by females. You speak out of ignorance.

And NO, you cannot ALWAYS choose who is there. Giving birth is not as pat as you like to think. You don't choose when, you don't always get to choose where, you don't always get to choose who, and when you are bleeding to death and the only anesthesiologist within the hospital in the middle of the night is a male, you will not question his presence in the room while your ob is trying to dig a stuck placenta out of your uterus!

YOU also have NO business stating how much clothing an EMT cuts from a persons body is acceptable or not. YOU are not familiar with ALL the circumstances that an EMT has to deal with. If they were to go by YOUR rules, then people would die more often.

Really, I think you need to back up, see a psychologist about your history and the reasons you have so many hangups before you go sitting on God's throne and declaring things that God never said and using little bits of Scripture out of context.

Oh and on the lesbians: you CANNOT always pick them out. Most live very normal lives, keep a very professional attitude, and do a pretty darn good job of keeping their private lives out of any public sphere.

Reactions: LightHorseman
Upvote 0

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I certainly don't want a lesbian female ob/gyn. Most female gynecologists are not lesbians. You can easily discern if they are one. I know that one female ob/gyn resident near where I live is a lesbian. I certainly would not want to go to her. The best thing to do is to do some research on a female gynecologist before you select her.

I feel that paramedics cut off too many clothes. I feel that paramedics should be more sensitive to ensuring patients' modesty. In many cases, it is not really necessary to take clothes off. There is a good article about how medical professionals should work hard to ensure patients' modesty at For Medical Professionals. There is nothing specifically about paramedics on this web page though.

You can easily tell if a woman is a Lesbian? How?

As for cutting off clothes, usually if we are cutting off clothes in the field we didn't have time to worry about modesty. Usually it was a life or death situation. If not then we wouldn't be cutting. I would argue that it is difficult for someone who hasn't done the job to accurately decide what is and is not necessary.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
I find it hysterical that a woman who has not only not had children, but has never had sex would try to give me advise. I'm on my 11th pregnancy thank you very much. I've delivered at home and in hospitals, by males and by females. You speak out of ignorance.

And NO, you cannot ALWAYS choose who is there. Giving birth is not as pat as you like to think. You don't choose when, you don't always get to choose where, you don't always get to choose who, and when you are bleeding to death and the only anesthesiologist within the hospital in the middle of the night is a male, you will not question his presence in the room while your ob is trying to dig a stuck placenta out of your uterus!

YOU also have NO business stating how much clothing an EMT cuts from a persons body is acceptable or not. YOU are not familiar with ALL the circumstances that an EMT has to deal with. If they were to go by YOUR rules, then people would die more often.

Really, I think you need to back up, see a psychologist about your history and the reasons you have so many hangups before you go sitting on God's throne and declaring things that God never said and using little bits of Scripture out of context.
Amen sister.

I wonder if OP has any idea at all just how many babies are delivered in ambulances, hospital foyers, parking lots and taxis on the way to the mother's well planed, "dream" birth? Not to mention how many of those "all female OB/GYN" clinics have all their doctors away to a conference when the baby decides she's ready NOW...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to be an EMT. And sometimes you don't know what is necessary until it is done. You might not find all the sources of bleeding, or all the fractures, unless you check pretty thoroughly.

Failure to check can get you sued.

Agreed and far more importantly some people dead!

Upvote 0

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have never been to a male gynecologist and I'm very happy about that. If you look at the first posting I made, I made a commitment to True Love Waits and as a part of the commitment, I am committed to never letting another man except for my future husband to see certain parts of my body.

And if you are in a motor vehicle accident would you rather die?

Upvote 0

shinbits

Dec 4, 2005
New York
✟14,001.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if we can't have male gynos, then we shouldn't have female cops. since we know men can't handle themselves around a vagina, we should keep guns away from women since they are too emotional, weak and far less brave then men. You know, all that screaming at mice stuff they do.

Upvote 0

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen sister.

I wonder if OP has any idea at all just how many babies are delivered in ambulances, hospital foyers, parking lots and taxis on the way to the mother's well planed, "dream" birth? Not to mention how many of those "all female OB/GYN" clinics have all their doctors away to a conference when the baby decides she's ready NOW...

My wife always wanted to earn her stork. It was hilarious how many times she had close calls.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.