Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
But you're missing the point. Are you confessing to everyone on here that you have no problem with another male putting his face a few inches away from your wife's crotch while he has lustful, impure thoughts that he can now store in his mind for the rest of his life? You haven't got a problem with that?

Not really. As long as it doesn't go beyond thoughts. I mean, men walking down the street could also have lustful impure thoughts that they store in their mind for the rest of their lives. That doesn't bother me, so why should it bother me if it's a doctor? I've got way more and way better thoughts of her stored in my memory already, with countless more to come. That he has a few doesn't bother me. Especially since I get to make new ones pretty much whenever I want.

But like I said, that's in regards to thoughts only. Any actions taken on those thoughts will bring down our cumulative wrath.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You forgot to mention the hundreds of young, beautiful, healthy women that the male doctors get to look and poke at. It's interesting how much you like to cherry pick!

methinks thou dost protest too much... Fixation on such issues is not biblical ....

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Upvote 0

m9lc

Veteran
Mar 18, 2007
✟9,745.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You just admitted that you don't care whether or not a doctor lusts over you during an exam. Well, some women don't. Not the kind of women I want to be around. If you haven't got a problem being perved on then I say whatever floats your boat.

Why should you care if a doctor "lusts after you" without telling you about it or physically violating you? How does that hurt you? And why is someone that recognizes that there is no harm in lusty thoughts entering a doctor's brain "not the kind of women you want to be around"?

But there are many women who are brainwashed into believing that male doctors do not have dirty thoughts when examining them, and many of these women have been a victim of a TUBE. You should know what a TUBE is. It stands for "Total Unnecessary Breast Exam"

Yes, breast cancer prevention is all the evil scheme of perverted male doctors. :doh:

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is Psychological Projection? said:
Being aware of psychological projection in interpersonal relationships can be very important. Before attributing thoughts or ideas to someone else, you may want to reflect on whether those beliefs can also be seen in yourself. If they can, there's a chance that you might be projecting, and you may want to seek out a more reliable source on what someone else is thinking.

WORD....

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
But you're missing the point. Are you confessing to everyone on here that you have no problem with another male putting his face a few inches away from your wife's crotch while he has lustful, impure thoughts that he can now store in his mind for the rest of his life? You haven't got a problem with that?

For my part, as long as the doctor stays professional, I have no problem with that whatsoever. Why do you?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
By the way, have you ever looked at a women's private areas with a view to seeing if anything is wrong? It really isn't as erotic as you clearly think it is. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's not even remotely erotic.

Yeah, that will certainly kill any eroticism.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You just admitted that you don't care whether or not a doctor lusts over you during an exam. Well, some women don't. Not the kind of women I want to be around. If you haven't got a problem being perved on then I say whatever floats your boat. But there are many women who are brainwashed into believing that male doctors do not have dirty thoughts when examining them, and many of these women have been a victim of a TUBE. You should know what a TUBE is. It stands for "Total Unnecessary Breast Exam"

So you want to police the doctor's thoughts? How do you suggest doing that?

Thoughts are one thing -- they're harmless until put into action, and then it depends on the thought itself. If the doctor has a lustful thought and then dismisses it, continuing the exam like a professional, why would I care? And furthermore, how would I know without asking him if he likes what he sees?

And I notice you still haven't provided any actual links to support any of the claims you made. "Women I know" and "Google it" ain't gonna cut it. You make the accusation, you provide the evidence. That's how this works....unless your heart's not in this after all.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What kind of proof would you like? If you're too lazy to use common sense and do your own research then nothing I say is gonna convince you.

Hey, personal attacks and diversion instead of evidence. Who would have guessed?

My common sense is telling me lots of things right now, but none of them would support your case. I'd be hesitant to ask me to use it in this discussion if I were you.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I did more research, and i have discovered something shocking about Gynecologists! They are raptors!

I found this online when I googled "Docter Raptor" do your research!

Are they male or female Raptors? It's vital we know so that more marriages aren't destroyed by Raptors.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh no! That's a disaster! So does that mean we shouldn't have men in positions of providing primary care?

Doctors being in a position of authority isn't just a problem with male doctors. We should get rid of all doctors and fix this problem. It's only common sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you want to police the doctor's thoughts? How do you suggest doing that?

Thoughts are one thing -- they're harmless until put into action, and then it depends on the thought itself. If the doctor has a lustful thought and then dismisses it, continuing the exam like a professional, why would I care? And furthermore, how would I know without asking him if he likes what he sees?

I hate to post a serious response in an obvious troll thread, but this is yet another insidious side effect of the radical Christian teaching that even thinking about anyone of the opposite sex who isn't your spouse will send on the express elevator to straight to hell. When you have a doctrine so messed up that it make perfectly normal thoughts and feelings into the ultimate sin, of course you're going to create a lot of pathological behavior as a result. That's assuming the OP isn't pretending, but even so it's just a more extreme version of the myriad of posts on this site that want to see ordinary behavior as some horrible life-destroying addiction.

Upvote 0

hollyda

Mar 25, 2011
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate to post a serious response in an obvious troll thread, but this is yet another insidious side effect of the radical Christian teaching that even thinking about anyone of the opposite sex who isn't your spouse will send on the express elevator to straight to hell. When you have a doctrine so messed up that it make perfectly normal thoughts and feelings into the ultimate sin, of course you're going to create a lot of pathological behavior as a result. That's assuming the OP isn't pretending, but even so it's just a more extreme version of the myriad of posts on this site that want to see ordinary behavior as some horrible life-destroying addiction.

As a former Christian and an OCD sufferer, I absolutely agree. My intrusive obsessive thoughts had me convinced at age 10 I was going to Hell, which is one of the many things that eventually had me questioning, struggling, and eventually leaving the faith. I couldn't grasp the idea of a god who would put thoughts into someone's head that they don't want and can't control and then punish them for it.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, common sense, if a man in a bar tried to lust after my wife by looking up her skirt I would be offended

I would be too, because he would have no business looking up her skirt.

and yet people are so naive to think that a husband should be okay with a doctor lusting over his wife while he has his face in front of her vagina, all because he has a certificate on the wall.

Actually, that's an excellent reason to think that. It means he does have business looking up her skirt. First, the wife consents. Second, there is a medical reason for doing so.

Doctors look at nekkid people for good reason. It's common sense. ;)

eudaimonia,

Mark

Reactions: hollyda
Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, the trolling has gone on long enough. Just admit you get off on talking about vaginas online at a Christian board, and go back to playing your video games.

eudaimonia,

Mark

I'm sure this has already been said but there's a degree of irony in a thread started by a user called "PrivateWoman" that talks about nothing except women's privates.

Upvote 0

hollyda

Mar 25, 2011
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like to cherry pick? That's rich. The gynaecologist doesn't get to cherry pick, that's the whole point.

For every nubile 22-year-old cheerleader who wants a routine smear test he's going to see an overweight grandmother who needs something specific checked out.

Your constant reference to the way doctors "get to" look at these young women betrays a terrifyingly immature attitude to sex and the human body. If "getting to look" was the goal why wouldn't they just become inappropriate content producers? No need for all that expensive medical training, no need to deal with all the women you'd really rather not see in such detail, and no professional ethics committees to worry about.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doctors being in a position of authority isn't just a problem with male doctors. We should get rid of all doctors and fix this problem. It's only common sense.

I agree. Also in order to prevent anyone from lusting over anyone else I think we should all walk around inside large cardboard boxes, each box being large enough to completely cover the largest member of any particular community. That way nobody can know who (or indeed what) is under each box and there is no need for anyone to lust over anyone else.

Now perhaps this thread can be laid to rest.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
dr-seuss-cat-in-hat.jpg

Thread closed for review.
I thin k it unlikely that it will reopen, given the degree of goading and profanity going on here.

Mod Hat Off

Edit - it is staying closed

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.