United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My dear brethren and sistren,

In approximately two weeks, I will be completing my canonical novitiate and making first profession of the evangelical counsels in the Order of Preachers (aka. the Dominicans) by way of the Southern Dominican Province in the USA. I will then be given a mandamus by my superiors to go to the House of Studies in St. Louis, MO for my formal academic training in view of becoming an ordained Roman Catholic priest for the Order.

Many of you may remember me (I've been a CF member for 8 years; though I am not a regular), and I wanted to thank many of you for the conversations on this forum that helped me to grow in my nascent Catholic faith over those years. I now ask humbly that the OBOB community would pray for me as I prepare to make this step.

In the Dominican Order (as in many of the Church's institutes of consecrated life), we make a set of temporary vows before solemn (i.e. perpetual) vows. This will be my first profession which will last for two years (after which I can petition to renew them or not). It is made according to an early and unique formula made by St. Dominic that professes obedience primarily and then indirectly professes also chastity/celibacy and poverty by way of the single vow of obedience.

I am quite excited and very grateful that God has called me to the "path of perfection" in the consecrated life, even if only for two years (it is far more than I could ever deserve). In reality, my discernment is really only beginning and so prayers will be most appreciated as I continue to seek His Will in the long run. Please know of my own prayers for OBOB and the witness y'all give to the Catholic Orthodoxy here on Christian Forums.

May Our Lady, Queen of the Apostles & the Most Holy Rosary; holy father, St. Dominic; holy father, St. Francis; holy father, St. Augustine of Hippo; St. Mary Magdalene, apostle to the Apostles; St. Catherine of Alexandria; St. Albert the Great; St. Thomas Aquinas; St. Catherine of Siena; St. Rose of Lima; and St. Martin de Porres pray for all of us and grant us the grace from the Blessed Trinity to praise, to bless, and to preach the One who is Truth.

Dominus vobiscum! :crossrc:

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Мнóгая лíта !!

May the Theotokos wrap you in Her mantle of protection and present you to Her wonderfilled Son

Дякую, сестра.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

In approximately two weeks, I will be completing my canonical novitiate and making first profession of the evangelical counsels in the Order of Preachers (aka. the Dominicans) by way of the Southern Dominican Province in the USA. I will then be given a mandamus by my superiors to go to the House of Studies in St. Louis, MO for my formal academic training in view of becoming an ordained Roman Catholic priest for the Order.

Many of you may remember me (I've been a CF member for 8 years; though I am not a regular), and I wanted to thank many of you for the conversations on this forum that helped me to grow in my nascent Catholic faith over those years. I now ask humbly that the OBOB community would pray for me as I prepare to make this step.

In the Dominican Order (as in many of the Church's institutes of consecrated life), we make a set of temporary vows before solemn (i.e. perpetual) vows. This will be my first profession which will last for two years (after which I can petition to renew them or not). It is made according to an early and unique formula made by St. Dominic that professes obedience primarily and then indirectly professes also chastity/celibacy and poverty by way of the single vow of obedience.

I am quite excited and very grateful that God has called me to the "path of perfection" in the consecrated life, even if only for two years (it is far more than I could ever deserve). In reality, my discernment is really only beginning and so prayers will be most appreciated as I continue to seek His Will in the long run. Please know of my own prayers for OBOB and the witness y'all give to the Catholic Orthodoxy here on Christian Forums.

May Our Lady, Queen of the Apostles & the Most Holy Rosary; holy father, St. Dominic; holy father, St. Francis; holy father, St. Augustine of Hippo; St. Mary Magdalene, apostle to the Apostles; St. Catherine of Alexandria; St. Albert the Great; St. Thomas Aquinas; St. Catherine of Siena; St. Rose of Lima; and St. Martin de Porres pray for all of us and grant us the grace from the Blessed Trinity to praise, to bless, and to preach the One who is Truth.

May God be with you.

Upvote 0

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
May our Father , through the Holy Spirit , grace you with the charism of discernment .

And best wishes .

Likewise, and thank you!

Reactions: Colin
Upvote 0

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
God bless you my dear brother in Christ :)

Thanks, Rhamiel. I've very fond memories of our conversations on these boards. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This is wonderful news!:amen:
it gladdens my heart to see such devotion to Our Lord.
May He richly bless you and uphold you on your discernment journey.

Well, I'm not at all worthy or capable of the devotion that you see. It is all grace. ;)

And for that, the joy is all the sweeter. :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
God bless your endeavor!

My thanks, Tigger. Blessings on you and your support of the persecuted Christians in the Middle-East.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟816,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Et cum spiritu tuo

...and may the Holy Spirit abide with you!

Upvote 0

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Lordp I pray that you will bless KnightWolflord on his journey into the Priesthood. Lord I pray your blessings and that you will send your Angels to accompany him Lord

Thanks, Eastcoast_bsc! It's good to hear from you again. :)

Upvote 0