Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Makes me proud to be a Christian...

Discussion in 'Christian Current Affairs' started by LightHorseman, Feb 20, 2010.

1. AlAyeti

AlAyeti Just a guy

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    No.

The last thing we want to be doing is yoking ourselves to THIS administration.

2. Cabal

Cabal New Member

Marital Status:
    Engaged
    Politics:
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Faith:
    Atheist
    And in doing so, yoke yourself to the psychotic "Christians"?

3. Sunny_Seraphim

Sunny_Seraphim Newbie

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Protestant
    There will always be fanatics, extremists and "crazies" in any religion... I feel that, however, whenever an Islamic extremist blows up a building, we brush it off, like "oh yeah, he only killed 200 people, whatever." But as soon as one of those CHRISTIANS say something like that? Well, they are all just crazy! They are all hypocritical, liars who want everyone dead.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that this is the way our world is nowadays, and it really makes me rage.

4. LightHorseman

LightHorseman New Member Supporter

Politics:
    AU-Liberals
    Faith:
    Catholic
    This posts evokes precisely the same sentiment in me as in the OP.

Good lord! we can't possibly decry someone PRAYING FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S DEATH... someone might think that we support Obama!!

5. Cabal

Cabal New Member

Marital Status:
    Engaged
    Politics:
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Faith:
    Atheist
    So I guess you missed the massive persecution complex among many Christians today while they express an utter contempt for Muslims, even moderate ones?

6. LightHorseman

LightHorseman New Member Supporter

Politics:
    AU-Liberals
    Faith:
    Catholic
    What I like to call "armchair" persecution.

I theorise that since the Bible speaks about how the true believers will find themselves being persecuted, and that such persecution is a sign you're on the right path, it pulls at the conscience of many overweight, under exercised middle class westerners that their lives are somewhat lacking in persecution, and so to cover this seeming gap in their spiritual lives, they'll desperately take anything remotely misconstruable as persecution and wrap it around themselves like a big reasuring blanket.

..."unfounded internet rumour that one of the Columbine murderers asked someone if they were a Christian before he killed her? HE WAS PERSECUTING CHRISTIANS! Thank goodness, Christians are being persecuted, I am a Christian, therefore I am being persecuted, QED. I'm so glad I can sleep soundly in my warm queen size bed after eating twice my daily recomended caloric requirement and not feel guilty about the world's poor or starving. What with me being PERSECUTED and all, I must be on the right track. I can't wait for the "war on Christmas" to start up to make me feel even more persecuted and thereby justify my blatant crass consumerism!"

Cabal likes this.
  7. Cabal

Cabal New Member

Marital Status:
    Engaged
    Politics:
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Huh. Never thought about it that way.

LightHorseman likes this.