LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Pastor Wiley Drake kicked off this Presidents' Day Weekend with an email blast to his supporters saying "Imprecatory Prayer is now our DUTY" and announcing a daily teleconference call to advance the cause. Drake has been an enthusiastic advocate of imprecatory prayer since he announced that God answered his call with the murder of Kansas abortion clinic doctor George Tiller in church last May. "George Tiller was far greater in his atrocities than Adolf Hitler," Drake said at the time, "so I am happy. I am glad that he is dead." This emboldened him to add "the usurper that is in the White House ... B. Hussein Obama" to the list said in his church on Sundays.Baptists Praying for Obama's Death. Again. : Dispatches from the Culture Wars ( language warning after link)
Yep, praying for God to kill people for us *clap. clap. clap* I'm so glad to have people like this on my side.

L

Lovely Lane

Well, I tried to find a tip form at the Secret Service's website and couldn't find one. Law enforcement should be aware of these kinds of lunatics.

Not wanting to get political, this kind of speech from Drake reminds me of the 2008 elections where inflammatory speeches were used daily causing several knuckleheads to plan or actually attempt to assassinate Obama. It's crazy talk and it is dangerous.

Reactions: Macrina
Upvote 0

jellybean99

Make me an instrument of Peace and Safety
Aug 22, 2008
Washington
✟16,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep, praying for God to kill people for us *clap. clap. clap* I'm so glad to have people like this on my side.

This sounds like some kind of "Baptist Voodoo" to me. Does Pat Robertson know about this?

Upvote 0

rcorlew

Serving His Flock
Aug 21, 2008
Missouri, the show me state!
✟16,657.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
UGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I find it unthinkable that anybody would fall for junk like this, sad thing is that not only can they reproduce and vote, but they hijack Christianity to promote hate.

Today we studied Ephesians 6, the Armor of God in which we are commanded to stand ready on the defensive, never on the offensive, NEVER! Undoubtedly the fight will come to us, but we should not go looking for one!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

ParanoidAndroid

UGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I find it unthinkable that anybody would fall for junk like this, sad thing is that not only can they reproduce and vote, but they hijack Christianity to promote hate.
On another forum, someone asked me how I can in any good conscience give an opinion as to whether another person is following Christ correctly (ie, saying "they aren't real Christians"). I was told I was being judgemental for not allowing hate-filled people speak in the name of my God ("who are you to tell others they aren't practising their faith right").

This is a very good reason why I make such comments. The Bible commands that we first try to rebuke and correct someone in false teachings, but in a global society with worldwide information transmission, I'm not likely to ever get the chance to meet this guy to make such an attempt. In the absence of that ability to help correct their ways, Christians can only distance themselves from hate-speech and get the real message out there.

One day (and sadly for some, that day has already come) Christians such as CS Lewis are going to be mentioned in the same breath as people such as this guy as both equal representative of the Christian Faith - if Jesus had a grave, he'd be turning in it right now. As it is, he's twisting on his chair at the right hand of God.

:prayer:

Reactions: Macrina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

Lovely Lane

Would Christians here be willing to sign an online petition renouncing this Pastor's actions which would then be turned over to Homeland Security or the FBI?

I don't believe we need to inform the FBI nor DHS, if they are doing their job, they already have a file on Drake and others. It's not just Muslim's they track, you know. Domestic terrorist of all brands are being eye-balled these day's.

Drake and others like him couldn't care less about a petition, The SBC needs to act, let's see what they do, probably nothing.

I would vote to have the NCCCusa take action in denouncing these foolish preacher's.
wwwdotncccusadotorg

Upvote 0

jellybean99

Make me an instrument of Peace and Safety
Aug 22, 2008
Washington
✟16,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Would Christians here be willing to sign an online petition renouncing this Pastor's actions which would then be turned over to Homeland Security or the FBI?

I don't believe we need to inform the FBI nor DHS, if they are doing their job, they already have a file on Drake and others. It's not just Muslim's they track, you know. Domestic terrorist of all brands are being eye-balled these day's.

Drake and others like him couldn't care less about a petition, The SBC needs to act, let's see what they do, probably nothing.

I would vote to have the NCCCusa take action in denouncing these foolish preacher's.
wwwdotncccusadotorg

I believe that you are correct that this church "fatwa" did not escape the notice of terrorist watchers. The primary purpose of compiling such a petition would be to declare that we as Christians renounce such actions and don't wish to be associated with this Southern Baptist brand of Christianity when Homeland Security or NATO troops starts rounding these radicals up.

Christianity is getting a bad name because no one speaks up when apostasy like this creeps in. We are called to pray for our leaders, not wish death upon them. To say nothing implies tolerance and support for domestic terrorism, which can result in an entire faith being demonized.

Remember 9/11 and Islam? "Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it." George Santayana

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

I believe that you are correct that this church "fatwa" did not escape the notice of terrorist watchers. The primary purpose of compiling such a petition would be to declare that we as Christians renounce such actions and don't wish to be associated with this Southern Baptist brand of Christianity when Homeland Security or NATO troops starts rounding these radicals up.

Christianity is getting a bad name because no one speaks up when apostasy like this creeps in. We are called to pray for our leaders, not wish death upon them. To say nothing implies tolerance and support for domestic terrorism, which can result in an entire faith being demonized.

Remember 9/11 and Islam? "Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it." George Santayana

ok,
I'm not sure what you mean about NATO troops rounding anyone up. Usually some folks speak about U.N. troops invading and setting up martial law of some sorts. But that is just Alex Jones prisonplanet speech.imo

The Christian faith has been 'demonized' for about two thousand years, and it still finds away of surviving through it's disciples.

I agree that something should be said, only that a major Christian faith body (interfaith) should speak up, as well as the SBC.

Upvote 0