✟367,011.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Billboard for Independent Congressional candidate
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...again-a-politicians-billboard-ignites-uproar/

Does it seem shocking to anyone that, while it has been taken down, this grown adult male felt that it would not only be appropriate to put that up, that it would be COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE? And also that the message would be accepted by ALL (or a majority) of his state and that that is a GOOD thing; A thing that all of the citizens he represents, would support?

Probably the one thing about an incident like this is that it leaves no room for excuses or explanations; this is just full on racism and it cannot be excused as anything else.

I look forward to seeing how successful he is in his bid (cause it kinda seems like it may fast be becoming a race to the bottom).

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Fear is what drives the Trump train, and ignorance fills the caboose. They have a fear of whites becoming a minority in America.

LOL!

Fear, eh?

You wanna re-think that, my friend?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, it is fear. If it is not fear, then it is racism. You can wear whatever label you wish.

Personally, I side on caution and call it fear.

LOL!

C'mon, my friend you DO see the irony, do you not?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Billboard for Independent Congressional candidate
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...again-a-politicians-billboard-ignites-uproar/

Does it seem shocking to anyone that, while it has been taken down, this grown adult male felt that it would not only be appropriate to put that up, that it would be COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE? And also that the message would be accepted by ALL (or a majority) of his state and that that is a GOOD thing; A thing that all of the citizens he represents, would support?

Probably the one thing about an incident like this is that it leaves no room for excuses or explanations; this is just full on racism and it cannot be excused as anything else.

I look forward to seeing how successful he is in his bid (cause it kinda seems like it may fast be becoming a race to the bottom).

America is not referred to as AmeriKKKa for nothing. The fact is, white supremacy is still alive and well in this country.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,011.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Of all the reactions I expected to get, I expected to get this one.... not at all.
Pray, what was funny about that?

Fear, eh?

You wanna re-think that, my friend?
If it's not fear, it is certainly a negative emotion (but it's most likely fear).
When you say "Make America great again", you are trying to revert it to some specific time back when it was great because you are experiencing negative emotions when you consider the way America is currently going. If you wouldn't be experiencing negative emotions, then you'd have no reason to want to change.

So the question becomes: What negative emotion is being experienced?

While it could be possible (in my mind) that there are people who are actually experiencing only sadness, I think they would be in a teeny tiny minority. I think most of it is either anger or fear. You can tell the angry ones because they only have stupid, rage based arguments and insults in their back pocket and rarely make a salient, proveable point. You can tell the fearful ones because there is a paranoia about them, a use of statistics that will exacerbate their fear and a lack of context for their fear that would otherwise distract them, or perhaps even help them relax a bit.

Most of the trump supporters (or at least Trump Excusers) on this forum seem to fall firmly in the latter but there does seem to be a few angry ones too.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"white again" > it wasn't white before Europeans came here. And it has not been white, since they did, actually.

green . . . it's about the green minds

Whoever has the green wants to keep the green.

Why would I fear not having how white people have messed things up?

And why would I fear not having how black people, being also human, can mess things up?

In Africa, we see how blacks have done good in some areas, while elsewhere they have done even ethnic cleansing massacres.

Humans of any color are capable of anything good or evil.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Of all the reactions I expected to get, I expected to get this one.... not at all.
Pray, what was funny about that?

If it's not fear, it is certainly a negative emotion (but it's most likely fear).
When you say "Make America great again", you are trying to revert it to some specific time back when it was great because you are experiencing negative emotions when you consider the way America is currently going. If you wouldn't be experiencing negative emotions, then you'd have no reason to want to change.

So the question becomes: What negative emotion is being experienced?

While it could be possible (in my mind) that there are people who are actually experiencing only sadness, I think they would be in a teeny tiny minority. I think most of it is either anger or fear. You can tell the angry ones because they only have stupid, rage based arguments and insults in their back pocket and rarely make a salient, proveable point. You can tell the fearful ones because there is a paranoia about them, a use of statistics that will exacerbate their fear and a lack of context for their fear that would otherwise distract them, or perhaps even help them relax a bit.

Most of the trump supporters (or at least Trump Excusers) on this forum seem to fall firmly in the latter but there does seem to be a few angry ones too.

Did you REALLY wanna use the word "paranoia"?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,011.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Did you REALLY wanna use the word "paranoia"?
I could change it to a "baseless worry" if that makes you feel better. Did you REALLY want to address the ideas presented in this thread or just put a bunch of non sequiturs in?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I could change it to a "baseless worry" if that makes you feel better. Did you REALLY want to address the ideas presented in this thread or just put a bunch of non sequiturs in?

LOL!

Well it's that word "fear" and "paranoia" that is perhaps being mis-directed...

gotta admit, it's ironic.

Hilariously so.

^_^

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh-huh.

There's always someone/somnething to hate, eh?

Kinda' keeps the adrenalin pumpin', don't it?

Remember that video i sent you Red Fox?

Did you watch it?

You never commented on it.

Do you remember what it was about?

No, I do not watch your ad nauseam videos, brinny. And if you post more, I will not watch them either. If you want to talk, then talk but posting repetitive videos and then demanding they be watched in an attempt to establish an argument has grown very tiresome and I will not play that game with you anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I do not watch your ad nauseam videos, brinny. And I will not watch them either. If you want to talk, then talk but posting repetitive videos and then demanding they be watched in an attempt to establish an argument has grown very tiresome and I will not play that game with you.

Apparently you misunderstood me.

It was at least a couple of years ago when you and i were speaking of a CF member here who was involved in a Native American ministry. He, i believe is Native American. The ministry was highlighted in the video, and focused on what Jesus focused on, about feeding the hungry, easing the suffering, and being the Lifter of each head, ministering to the broken-hearted, etc. You were hurting a great deal at the time.

Someone once said:

"Hurting people hurt people."

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apparently you misunderstood me.

It was at least a couple of years ago when you and i were speaking of a CF member here who was involved in a Native American ministry. He, i believe is Native American. The ministry was highlighted in the video, and focused on what Jesus focused on, about feeding the hungry, easing the suffering, and being the Lifter of each head, ministering to the broken-hearted, etc. You were hurting a great deal at the time.

Someone once said:

"Hurting people hurt people."

No, I do not remember the video or the conversation surrounding it, brinny. However, this thread is not about me personally or about Native Americans or about Native American ministries. It is about the OP, discussing how Rick Tyler, a white politician from Tennessee, who put up a billboard that said Make America White Again.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I do not remember the video or the conversation surrounding it, brinny. However, this thread is not about me or about Native Americans or about Native American ministries. It is about the OP, discussing how Rick Tyler, a white politician from Tennessee, who put up a billboard that said Make America White Again.

Uh-huh.

Yes he did.

And....

Therefore all Caucasians are evil?

This is fodder to hate all Caucasians?

Please clarify.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Rick Tyler, a white politician from Tennessee, who put up a billboard that said Make America White Again.

Indeed.

Imagine if a Native American put up such a sign reading "Make America Red again"

Heads would explode

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh-huh.

Yes he did.

And....

Therefore all Caucasians are evil?

This is fodder to hate all Caucasians?

Please clarify.

Thank you kindly.

No, I will not play these games with you and go around in circular arguments. I am not interested.

Upvote 0