Mainstream News Media Are Now Propaganda Factories! What You Aren't Hearing On TV

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
BBQ Heaven: Texas, USA
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part 1: The Roman Factor

This morning as I woke up, I was astonished by yet another new revelation on ABC's Good Morning America. The news? Gossip might acutally be GOOD for you. This topped the news I heard a few days ago that "scientific studies" PROVE that men who ignore their wives are not at fault, because there's a medical reason why they are "unable" to respond to them.

Meanwhile, we all want to know what Madonna is up to these days and hear the latest Hillary Duff concert. Oh, and don't forget to enter into the "Best Desperate Housewives Fan" sweepstakes. You could win a trip to Wisteria Lane!

What's going on here?

While Roman troops were off fighting and being stretched way too thin throughout the Empire, Rome fell under the spell of luxury and entertainment. It's the same in our culture today. They poured into the stadium to watch the latest gladiator fight. We pour into movie theatres and sports stadiums. We are saturated with TV and Cable. The Internet. Podcasts. You name it. We are a wealthy entertainment/celebrity saturated culture, exactly like the Roman Empire was - JUST BEFORE IT FELL.

Reactions: UberLutheran

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part 2: The System Is Cracking

The United States is in deep trouble, folks. But Bush & co. don't want you to find out just how MUCH trouble. If people really knew how bad off we have become due to Bush's policies, there'd be rioting in the streets.

Consider this. While Bush praises home ownership, we are on the brink of a housing bubble burst that could have a greater detrimental effect on the stock market than the tech bubble burst in 2000. Many people will be forced to just up and walk away from their homes. At the least, we will see record numbers of mortgage defaults and home sales, as prices drop and risk rises. When people see that their investments aren't making money anymore, they'll sell too. Just like a typical stock market crash.

Our gas prices have skyrocketed with nary a WORD from the President about it, and it's beginning to have an effect on the economy AND on your pocketbook. This combined with the coming housing crash has disaster written all over it. Bankruptcies are increasing, and will explode once all this hits the fan. And thanks to the Bush Administration, they have made it harder now for people to declare personal bankruptcy and have a second chance.

Layoffs continue at a record pace. Almost every day, I hear of thousands laid off at one company or another. Hewlett Packard and Agilent Technologies are just two that have announced huge layoffs. Where is our "solid growing economy?" Where is the tight labor market of the late 1990s? Why is nobody standing up and telling the truth about it?

Factories are closing up shop and moving overseas. By passing CAFTA, Bush has now nailed the final nail in the coffin of the American manufacturing industry. He called it a "creator of U.S. jobs." It is the total opposite.

Upvote 0

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part 3: The Bush Doctrine Failure

International terrorism has INCREASED, and Iraq is now a training ground for terrorists, who are recruiting in record numbers to fend off Western aggression and occupation. Just today, three car bombs went off in Bagdhad, killing 37 people.

On Sunday, the Washington Post reported that the Administration has lowered its expectations in Iraq. This means that despite Bush and his pronouncements that democracy is "on the move," Iraq may actually become an Iran-friendly Islamic state. Women may not get the rights they desired.

So what has been achieved? And how long can Bush and his collegues continue to proclaim that our goals have indeed been achieved, everything is hunkey dorey, and democracy has won out over tyranny? When will they finally admit the whole thing was a complete and utter disaster?

But they don't want you to think. They don't want you to use your brain. The media these days is out to do one thing: Saturate you with nonsensical garbage and salacious entertainment to get your mind off the issues of our day. I call that propaganda.

Upvote 0

nigits

Aug 11, 2005
Brew City, Wisconsin
✟7,710.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
SackLunch said:
Mainstream News Media Are Now Propaganda Factories! What You Aren't Hearing On TV

What do you mean "now"? It's been like this for decades. Better question would be "when has the MSM NOT been propaganda fatories?"

He who controls the media controls the population.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
nigits said:
What do you mean "now"? It's been like this for decades. Better question would be "when has the MSM NOT been propaganda fatories?"

He who controls the media controls the population.

Ask anyone who has majored in Public Policy, and they'll tell you that all administrations have used the media as a tool. When you have the ability to release what items you want reported on, you can spin the news in whatever direction you want. Karl Rove is a genius at this game.

Remember, MSM is a corporate media. What's published isn't always what's covered.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
SackLunch said:
While Roman troops were off fighting and being stretched way too thin throughout the Empire, Rome fell under the spell of luxury and entertainment. It's the same in our culture today. They poured into the stadium to watch the latest gladiator fight. We pour into movie theatres and sports stadiums. We are saturated with TV and Cable. The Internet. Podcasts. You name it. We are a wealthy entertainment/celebrity saturated culture, exactly like the Roman Empire was - JUST BEFORE IT FELL.

One similarity between cultures doesn't mean they are destined to take similar paths. There are many dissimilarities between America and Rome. For one thing, Rome had to maintain standing garrisons throughout the Empire because of regular rebellions. America is actually shutting down their overseas military installations (Germany, Philippines). For another, the population of Rome was between one-third and two-thirds slaves. The huge middle class wasn't there. For another, Rome couldn't choose its own leaders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OhhJim said:
One similarity between cultures doesn't mean they are destined to take similar paths. There are many dissimilarities between America and Rome. For one thing, Rome had to maintain standing garrisons throughout the Empire because of regular rebellions. America is actually shutting down their overseas military installations (Germany, Philippines). For another, the population of Rome was between one-third and two-thirds slaves. The huge middle class wasn't there. For another, Rome couldn't choose its own leaders.
That's interesting. I did hear that we were shutting down in Germany, Philippines, etc. - but I also heard that the plan was to shift these resources to the Middle East.

As far as the middle class, I believe it is slowly being wiped out. The rich are getting richer, and the poor poorer. In between are the "working poor" who are not only struggling to make ends meet, but are a hair's breath away from bankruptcy and poverty. Already with the cost of stuff so high, most people are living in debt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JPPT1974 said:
It is indeed true that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. As those working the minimum wage are indeed on the brink of bankruptcy. Sad but true.
Yes indeed. And in the last few years, competition has greatly increased as well.

I noticed that if you want to even LOOK for a decent well paying job (that is, not a McJob), you have to have access to the Internet as well as fax machines. This means you have to have a computer, a printer, a fax machine, and the money to pay an ISP for monthly access. The poor simply cannot afford these things.

It's like technology has outpaced the ability for people to keep up. The only good option is for these people to go to their public library and use their computers for free. But many don't take advantage because there aren't exactly alot of public libraries in the getto. Plus, how many homeless and poor do you see at the public library? Not very many.

If I were rich, I think I'd set up computer training centers near poor areas where the poor could get a chance to learn and have access to greater technology.

Upvote 0

just_dance

Nothing But The Blood
Jul 26, 2004
✟1,461.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well I think peorsonally if u haven't heard of this u are hidding under a rock. also countries come and countries go. We christians has been saying that the end of times are coming for 2000 years chances are another 2000 years will pass. Yes the U.S is slowly on a downfall but that is what happens.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
just_dance said:
Well I think peorsonally if u haven't heard of this u are hidding under a rock. also countries come and countries go. We christians has been saying that the end of times are coming for 2000 years chances are another 2000 years will pass. Yes the U.S is slowly on a downfall but that is what happens.

Countries do come and go. The USA and all of the countries will have to take a "wait & see" attitude.

Upvote 0