maiden name

ddtle

May 27, 2006
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
i am having trouble with my married name, it seems that when i go to apply for a disability pension because i have ms and arthritis, and no income, in a wheelchair, braces up to my thighs, wrists braces up to my elbows, and eyesight, glaucoma, i cannot get a pension because i am married and living with husband. husband gets a very small pension.

so i am thinking of going back to my maiden name, this way no-one will have to know if i am married single, or whatever, any ideas.

thanks tesse

pastel

Lex orandi lexest credendi
Jan 9, 2005
Markleeville
✟6,186.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
attachment.php

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not knowing all the facts about your income, I can't give advice.

If you have never worked you have nothing to draw.
If your husband draws social security you may be able to draw from that. Maybe age 62 I don't know for sure.

I am in the same boat. My husband draws social security and I am entitled to nothing. He draws ablut $60 a month to much for me to be able to get any kind of state help. I have never worked except in the home raising two fine children that are an asset to the community and both have great jobs and pay taxes but what I have done means nothing. I am totally disable and have been since 92, age 47 had heart atack and open heart surgery and I am sure you no the story. Any way If we would divorce, then I would be able to get state help and all doctors and meds. But We talked about doing that when it seemed like there was no way but we took our marriage vows seriously and would not go that route. Now If I live to be 62, in Dec. They tell me I wil draw off of his social security. Time will tell. God has blessed us, we have our needs met, The laws are not all ways for the best. But you will have to do what is best for you. God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums