Macro-evolution with color!

Targ

Sep 4, 2010
NSW, Australia
✟8,418.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup: They suddenly get it. It's a miracle, I tell you.

LOL, this thread will be remembered for something very different than what you are hoping for. This thread will be remembered for being the moment that you realised that for an analogy to be valid, you actually have to accurately represent the thing you are depicting. Whether this will cause you to realise once and for all that your fan / Boeing 747 analogies are nonsense and should not be repeated remains to be seen. My money is on you ignoring the fact that you now expect evolution analogies to contain a representation of reproduction with variation, with you repeating your same old flawed fan analogy in the next thread on this subject, because that's what you always do. ^_^

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thought it up, and used Excel to get all the little color codes in there. lol Hopefully this gets the point across. It cost me my lunch hour.

The color codes are not continuous. (That cost you time. It means: imperfect)

So answer this question, why can't the code be made simply by going from 0000001 to 100000? Would that even be a better system to illustrate microevolution?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So answer this question, why can't the code be made simply by going from 0000001 to 100000? Would that even be a better system to illustrate microevolution?

Think of the Code having 3 Strands of DNA, not 1 Strand
1 Strand for Red
1 Strand for Green
1 Strand for Blue

Not
1 Strand for color.

We could even add a strand (new mutation) for size or Font

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"That cost you time. It means: imperfect"?? What does that even mean?

The point of the OP is show how when you're looking at a limited subset of samples in evolution, it's hard to tell where one species starts and another ends. In this case, I can look at a few dozen of those words and they appear purple to me. I'm sure if I ask some people, some of them will tell me that some of those words aren't purple but red.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I understand that you are able to map the analogical components but texts don't reproduce with variation.

So you didn't notice that there's actually variation in the text? It may not work if you're colorblind. The variation in color represents the variation in a species through generations. If you're not keen enough to pick up on that then you most likely can't be helped. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Color codes in HTML and bbcode are actually 3 2-digit hexadecimal numbers.

#RR-GG-BB
(red red green green blue blue)

So going from 0A0000 to 0B0000 is increasing the amount of red by one increment. The code incidentally works as the "DNA" in this analogy, though that was more by incident. The code to make the colors wasn't really a part of the original analogy, but it still works anyway.

Not all the colors are changing by a single increment either. This was because there's apparently a limit (that I didn't know about) to how many different colors you can actually put in one post before a bunch just post in black. Nonetheless, the changes are still imperceptible, word-to-word, yet as you read the paragraph, you still end up with very different colors.

Upvote 0

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
We all can agree (save for the severely color blind) that this text is red.

We can also similarly agree that this text is blue.

If we have red text and decide to change it by just a small amount, the change might be barely noticeable, but still a very small change. This, we will call our micro-evolution. Every word up to now can be considered red, with very minute changes in the hue. If I keep typing long enough, would anyone be able to tell me, just by looking, at which word or letter is this post no longer red, but actually purple or blue? All this micro-evolution keeps occurring in the text, with it's tiny changes in hue, but ultimately, I end up with a completely different color. It's actually the difference between what one would consider red and what one would consider purple (or a whole new species, in this analogy) which is macro-evolution. See, the common misunderstanding is, that macro-evolution means a dog being a direct offspring of some other different canine-like species, or even more stupidly, a cat coming from a dog. Well, that's not what macro-evolution is. There is really only one distinction between micro-evolution and macro-evolution, and it's the same distinction between their prefixes: micro and macro. Just like if something is microscopic or if something is macroscopic. Microscopic usually requires a microscope to see it because it's so small, but the macroscopic are things large enough to be seen by the common human eye. However, things of both size are completely visible and plainly exist, and there are many things in this universe between both general sizes. So as you read this, can you tell me the first word here that is blue, and not purple? After all, every change in color since the first word in this paragraph has only micro-evolved from the color next to it, but we've managed to macro-evolve through 2 colors. This, hopefully, will illustrate how it's illogical to believe that macro-evolution doesn't happen, even given time for enough micro-evolution to occur.

So tell me -- what was the first purple word in the block of text above? What's the first blue word? Remember, if macro-evolution simply can not happen then you're saying the words you are reading now are still red.
excellent post!
now can you show something real meaningful like from English to Chinese?

Reactions: sk8Joyful
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
excellent post!
It's colorful, but in the real world, evolutionists prefer charts and diagrams that show branch-offs, tees and splits.

In other words, very specific places where one animal starts to become another.

Only when we call them on it, do they retreat to this rainbow explanation, thinking they've made some kind of point.

It's the equivalent of shutting Johnny up by giving him a cookie and a glass of milk and telling him to 'go play'.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's colorful, but in the real world, evolutionists prefer charts and diagrams that show branch-offs, tees and splits.

In other words, very specific places where one animal starts to become another.

Only when we call them on it, do they retreat to this rainbow explanation, thinking they've made some kind of point.

It's the equivalent of shutting Johnny up by giving him a cookie and a glass of milk and telling him to 'go play'.

You don't understand what the charts and diagrams mean at all then. Its showing a simplification with discovered fossils.

Creationists will see these and claim "there is no way a monkey can become a man"

and if blue claimed it never came from red based on theological grounds they would be making the same mistake.

Observe
noticeable,

the hue.

no

it's

difference

whole

species,

between

are things

completely visible and

and not purple?

macro-evolution
doesn't happen,
even given
time for enough
micro-evolution
to occur.
There is still a very clear transition its just no longer seamless. No missing links that prevent that logical conclusion though. Besides the missing link is near infinite regress I intentionally left quite a bit of blue words at the end. Can you guess why? These words are changing but its not very clear from one word to the other. But they are changing. This is exactly the same as humans. Can you tell just by looking that blue is changing?

Also unless one goes into the code the blue at the end looks like pure blue. its not. It the slightest bit of another color. I added that to show that labels are not absolute. Humans may one day become unrecognizable to humans of the past, but they will still call themselves human.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't understand what the charts and diagrams mean at all then.
I know exactly what they mean -- they mean Genesis 1 is wrong.

What else is there to understand?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

JakeA

I know exactly what they mean -- they mean Genesis 1 is wrong.

What else is there to understand?

Well, all discovered evidence AND all theoretical evidence points to that while nothing what so ever supports Gen1 so i think this is a little more far reaching than just declaring that strange story false.

Even the Bible messes it up with Eve as Adams first wife when every Jew knows it was Lilith.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Color codes in HTML and bbcode are actually 3 2-digit hexadecimal numbers.

#RR-GG-BB
(red red green green blue blue)

So going from 0A0000 to 0B0000 is increasing the amount of red by one increment. The code incidentally works as the "DNA" in this analogy, though that was more by incident. The code to make the colors wasn't really a part of the original analogy, but it still works anyway.

Not all the colors are changing by a single increment either. This was because there's apparently a limit (that I didn't know about) to how many different colors you can actually put in one post before a bunch just post in black. Nonetheless, the changes are still imperceptible, word-to-word, yet as you read the paragraph, you still end up with very different colors.

You have to change both letter and number to change the color into a different type. It means only number change will not get you to a color which also needs a letter change.

That means: microevolution (change of number) can not lead to macroevolution (change of both letter and number).

I am trying to argue the point with your language, so you understand what I am saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Though thinking about it,
I actually prefer to use examples closer to real world experimental results- adaptation with limits, like a ceiling fan for example. The closest this analogy gets is showing that the transition among enzymes within bacteria for example-different stages of adaptation, not "macro".

Like the speed setting on a ceiling fan seamlessly taking the rpm upwards. It's actually near impossible to depict the transition.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have to change both letter and number to change the color into a different type. It means only number change will not get you to a color which also needs a letter change.

That means: microevolution (change of number) can not lead to macroevolution (change of both letter and number).

I am trying to argue the point with your language, so you understand what I am saying.

are you saying two mutations cant occur from one generation to another? because they can.

Upvote 0

Targ

Sep 4, 2010
NSW, Australia
✟8,418.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I actually prefer to use examples closer to real world experimental results- adaptation with limits, like a ceiling fan for example. The closest this analogy gets is showing that the transition among enzymes within bacteria for example-different stages of adaptation, not "macro".

Like the speed setting on a ceiling fan seamlessly taking the rpm upwards. It's actually near impossible to depict the transition.

Thank you for confirming post #42. ^_^ :D

Upvote 0

Nostromo

Brian Blessed can take a hike
Nov 19, 2009
Yorkshire
✟17,838.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

For the purposes of hexadecimal colour coding, the letters are numbers.

Upvote 0