Lucid Dreams and Astral Projection satanic?

helpet

Nov 28, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well one of the best way to understand topics like this is to understand the soul purpose. There is a website to get Christian books not sold in any book store cuz they are band for being so powerful. Knowing to much does cause insanity. But I have been given one of those books I have not read the whole thing and its best to stop practicing astral projection before you understand the spiritual realm. If you understand it then you wouldn't do it. I was thinking about this girl and because loack of sleep it was like I was tripping. I saw her walk up to me and she was pale amd tired and shes like can I lay eith you? So I'm sleeping on the couch and move back so she can sleep nnear me. Then I slept woke up and textexted her at 2am. She said she woke up before I texted her. She's young and a close friend but I have to remember shes not Christian cuz she blacks out over texting and gets really angry when I talk about God. I don't need prayer! Ad she said well she had to get up in 3 hrs and so I did the same method of letting het lay with me but... Instead I went into her room. I neef to see if i did cuz I remember an electric guitar and a window by her bed. Anyway I asked God to show me more about this cuz I've been inclined to this area of darkness. It all is real but you neef to understand that you can have visions and that is of God in a Christian context I don't believe in forcing myself to brake that dark wall or open the door cuz u can get lost in it and you will be opening doors to demons. People sit hours traveling but why not let God put you there through prayer to Him. It's all subjective in context. But I could go on and on let me first tell you that mental illness is real and it is spiritual. I will now list tje book and websit e. The Steps To Freedom In Christ by Neil T. Anderson u can this book off strangebooks.com pray about what you should read and do learn when you are getting into heavy material to annoint yourself in prayer. I will say one last thing about scary movies people do get demon [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]esed but honestly it isn't very accurate or more people will. I will let you know something that made me think. In a horror film have you ever seen someone throw up a snake or spiders crawled from someone's skin? U can say I'm crazy if u want and I am dianosed with bipolar ADHD OCD anxiety disorder addictive problems and Skits. Lol funny but honestly if you have problems you really know what they are. Just be aware when you leave your body and come back you might notice a lot of demons chilling smokin dope. Yeah well u will notice that when your active in that walking say 100 yards in front of you. You won't be to stable and it will feel like you are being thrown around in your body. Dont be afraid just closevthat door and believe when you ask the blood of Jesus to cover you. It may seem fun but wouldnt you rather cast out demons and leave your body at the throne room of God. Read revelations.

Upvote 0

amiller

Jan 5, 2013
✟111.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I would like to thank 1lobster and Garthman33 for giving their testimonies concerning lucid dreaming. You have helped me make up my mind that i'm going to leave my pursuit of lucid dreaming behind. I have had very similar "encounters" as you two have mentioned. I have always seen lucid dreaming as an escape from the boredom and stress of waking life. I am eternally grateful that i did not have to face this problem without God. I am a Christian and i have been since i was very young .I hope that the account i've given below will help to guide other people away from lucid dreaming and ap.

I first discovered lucid dreaming by accident not long after graduating highschool. I for some reason within a dream decide to pinch my arm. Because i felt no pain, i came to realize that i was dreaming. I started to research the subject on the internet and found that it was possible to have lucid dreams through practise and different techniques. I started to try all of the different techniques with varying degrees of success. One point that i need to make is that i did not see lucid dreaming as spiritual in anyway. I saw the experience from a more scientific viewpoint. The technique that peaked my interest the most was WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dream). I liked it because if done correctly, i could have a lucid dream within the same night unlike with some of the other techniques. The WILD technique could occasionally involve sleep paralysis (sp). SP is a state in which you cannot move your body but you mind is fully aware. Essentially, your body is asleep but you are aware of it. From this state, you can easily enter a lucid dream. The only issue is that while in this state of sp, it is possible to have "hallucinations" as some websites called them. At first, it was very exciting and not frightening at all. I was successful with my first WILD attempt. WILDing sounds very innocent too. You just simply keep your mind aware as you fall asleep. After dabbling with WILD, i would start to wake up into sp as well. These "hallucinations" could involve any of the senses, all of which i have experienced with the exception of taste and smell. Sometimes it would feel like i was sinking through the bed or floating off of it. Sometimes it would feel like a really heavy blanket was being draped over my body. These "hallucinations" got worse and worse. I didn't think anything of it though. I thought it was just my imagination taking control of the hallucinations. They seemed to be guided by my expectations. If i expected something scary to happen, then it would. So i thought that if i just kept my expectations positive that everything would be pleasant. For a little while, the good expectations helped, but then even that did not help.

Let me now describe some of the horrible things i saw, that i now know were demonic encounters. The more mild experiences would involve feeling fear and maybe seeing a shadowy figure watching me. The next level occurred when i attempted WILD while taking a nap during the day. WILD was much more difficult during the day for me, i only succeeded once thankfully. I covered my face with a shirt to block some of the light in the room to make it more easy to fall asleep. I started to get into sp when i felt like something was sitting on my chest. I then felt like something was mashing my jaw. The pressue got so intense that i thought my jaw was going to break. Somehow i convinced myself that it was just part of the hallucinations that other people describe. Then i started to hear beautiful music that i had never heard before. It sounded like egyptian-like music mixed with oriental music. I could hear a woman singing in a language i had never heard before. It did not sound like she was just making random sounds; it sounded like an actual language. I thought it was just my subconscious mind coming up with something through its imaginative abilities.

This next experience is much more extreme than the others. I found myself waking up into sp. My closet opened and a woman in white was standing there. She had long black hair. From what i could tell, she looked beautiful. She took a few steps toward the end of my bed and then in an instant, she jumped underneath the covers at the foot of my bed. I could see the covers lift up as she crawled over me. I felt her touch my thigh and stomach as she crawled over me. I was in a compete state of panic, but there was nothing i could do because i was in sp. She then pop her head out from under the covers next to my head. I could see out of the corner of my eye that she had two big gaping holes where her eyes were supposed to be and another big hole where her mouth should be. I struggled to turn my head. When i snapped out of sp, everything was back to normal. She was gone and my closet door was shut.

Overtime, i convinced myself that it was nothing more than a hallucination. As life got busier with college and then work. I would occasionally dabble in lucid dreaming, but then would quickly give up because i was to busy with other things in my life. I am now 24 and have a good friend at the place i work. He is 38 and also has lucid dreams, but he has never tried to have them through any techniques. I told him about some of my experiences and he said that it sounds like i am getting into something that i shouldn't and could be placing myself into a position that makes me vulnerable. Because of what he said. I started praying that God would show me if what i was doing was sinful and dangerous. I prayed that he would guide me in the right direction and he certainly did. So I started to research online to see if lucid dreaming was evil or if there were any consequences.

I happened upon some videos on youtube about sleep paralysis and what the Bible has to say about it. The video series was titled "Sleep Paralysis: A Modern Connection to an Ancient Evil" I urge anyone having issues with lucid dreaming, sp, or ap to watch the videos. The man mentions what some call old hag syndrome and seeing shadow people. I had experienced both. This apparently has being going on for centuries. If what i was seeing has been seen for generations, then there is no way it could be coincidence that i was "hallucinating" about the same things.There are countless accounts of people seeing a woman in white or shadow figures. He also mentions that in some tribes in i believe South America or Africa, they had encounters. The tribes would sleep in one area to keep watch over one another. On many occasions if one of them was in sleep paralysis other members of the tribe could see a figure hovering over the persons chest. He also mentioned many other scary connections that i had never heard of or ever considered. The biggest one for me was when he mentioned Job chapter 4. One of Job's supposed friends saw one of these shadow people. In verse 16, it says that he saw a figure but could not discern the form thereof and it spoke to him. That sounds alot like the shadow figures i had seen. So after hearing and seeing all of this evidence, i decided that i would no longer try to WILD. That night i was very fearful after everything i had learned. I had to go to work the next day and couldn't have gotten more than an hour of sleep. I felt fear as another poster in this thread mentioned, it is a fear that goes beyond physical fear; it is a fear that is more fearful than death. That was 2 or 3 months ago now. I used to sleep with it as dark in my room as possible, but ever since i learned all of those things, i have slept with the tv on so there is light in my room. That is very sad for a 24 yr. old, i feel like a little child who is afraid of the dark.

Recently, work has gotten very stressful and it looks like it is going to be difficult to change my career, although i am working on it. I thought that maybe if i didn't use the WILD technique, that i would be ok, and i could use lucid dreaming as an escape and release some stress that builds from the day. But the Holy Spirit made me feel uneasy in my heart. So i started to do research again last night and found this forum. I felt some of that same fear last night after having thought about it too much. I normally fall asleep around 12 or 12:30am but i didn't fall asleep until some time after 2:30. I feel better now though. I am going to trust God that he will protect me and should i see anything or experience anything bad, i will call on His name. Thank you again 1lobster and Garthman33 for giving your testimonies. You have convinced me that it is not only the WILD technique that is dangerous but lucid dreaming in general. I am forever leaving my pursuit of lucid dreaming. While some of the experiences were pleasant, it is certainly not worth going through the bad experiences i have been through. I feel that the Holy Spirit has led me to describe my experiences here. I pray that my account here will help others who were holding the same suspicions as me.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,292.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've ministered amongst astral projectors . i've seen the good bad and ugly of it. i have a form of navigation that allows me to stay in my body. but even then its still very dangerous. There are "ministers" in that realm of creation .. because if its not tended to .. very big "non demons" emerge and start messing with people. but don't worry about that stuff. just remember the sunshine .. the grass and the flowers .. the snowhill and the toboggans .. and stay far away from that stuff unless you have no choice.

My advice is to stay on the loving side of the faith . and grow in your trust bond with Jesus Christ . and it shouldn't affect you. if you become too unmerciful and hateful .. then .. anyway . just remember how Jesus was . and be like that . and keep growing in the gift that has been given you . new life :) and that in abundance.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've ministered amongst astral projectors . i've seen the good bad and ugly of it. i have a form of navigation that allows me to stay in my body. but even then its still very dangerous. There are "ministers" in that realm of creation .. because if its not tended to .. very big "non demons" emerge and start messing with people. but don't worry about that stuff. just remember the sunshine .. the grass and the flowers .. the snowhill and the toboggans .. and stay far away from that stuff unless you have no choice.

My advice is to stay on the loving side of the faith . and grow in your trust bond with Jesus Christ . and it shouldn't affect you. if you become too unmerciful and hateful .. then .. anyway . just remember how Jesus was . and be like that . and keep growing in the gift that has been given you . new life :) and that in abundance.
Reminds me of the song "Dreamweaver"

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't see the connection between "astral projection" and "lucid dreaming". Astral projection you are actually trying to leave your body, dreaming, you have no control of that I'm aware of (at least I don't....I dreamed a couple of months back one night that I had Betty Page over me knee, and before I could place the first spank on her bumbum, I woke up to the damned alarm clock). Merrily, merrily, merrrily, merrily, life is but a dream. Now time travel is something that has intrigued me more. I would love to time warp back (or ahead) in time, like in Star Trek. I think I had a small time travel (not so much warp as time slip) experience some time ago I wrote about earlier in this thread.

Upvote 0

chrisfx

May 12, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Alright. Let the experienced one have his word in now. Astral projection and lucid dreaming are the same thing. The difference between the two is that Lucid dreaming you realize your dreaming while your already asleep and Astral projection you consciously enter a lucid dream from your awake state. In fact. We astral project every night when we go to sleep. EVERY TIME YOU SLEEP. The only reason we don't know this is because we haven't trained our consciousness to recognize when we have entered our dream state. So if you want to lucid dream but don't want to astral project... You might as well just not go to sleep and enjoy reality. If it's demons your worried about I can tell you right now it would be a bad idea for you to attempt a lucid dream. Their everywhere. And they prey on the very people that fear them. Show no fear and show them who's boss they'll leave you alone. They really can't do anything to you but intimidate you if you let them. Otherwise they are just some ignorant teenagers with nothing else to do but scare people. That's it. Enjoy your journey through the mind.

Upvote 0

korvus

[Luna] Christ-loving heretic
Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm working on LD through meditation and seriously it's only creating your own dreamscape and exploring it in an altered state of consciousness and nothing more, no demons, no satanism, zilch.

I don't exactly believe in Astral as it seems pretty much LD except your mind is streaming what it knows of the outside world you *think* you're exploring which your not. I wish it was possible so I could escape this world and go to Equestria, but that doesn't seem to be possible in the slightest.

I've read some papers with accounts of people visiting each other's mindscapes by means of a symbol that acts as an 'address' to that someone's mindscape, but I'm still investigating this on whether is BS or not. I'd like to believe in 'collective unconscious' but I guess experimentation will be my only option, which I'm sadly doubtful to start off with.

Again, as far as LD goes, I don't believe it's satanism and I don't know what evil purposes you'd be using it for anyways. I again don't believe in Astral/collective unconscious too much, but *if* there is such a thing, again, as long as you're not using it for satanic purposes and are heavily spiritually guarded by the power of Christ, one *may* not have much to worry about.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
What lucid dreaming is:
becoming aware that you are dreaming.
having control of your dreams
Scientifically valid.

What lucid dreaming is not:
"altering your conscious". Nope, you're still in subscious sleep. You are just aware of it.
Astral Projection, while you may dream about leaving your body...you are still ASLEEP.

When you're dreaming, you don't realize you're dreaming. Lucid dreaming causes you to realize you are dreaming...that's it. Everyone's had at least one or two dreams in their life where they realized they were dreaming, the problem that a lot of people will wake up once the realized they were dreaming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KWindy

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has commented on this thread. I was trying /to decide whether APing and lucid dreaming was for me or not, but i try my best to be a devout Christian(my family doesnt go to church), but i can not describe the feeling that this thread has given me. Back to my story, trying to be a devout Christian, came across this thread, and read all 5 pages just because i was that on the fence about APing. While reading it a lot of mixed feelings came up, i got really scared honestly. Part of it from the experiences people posted, and part of it from the feelings i got from those people. I cant explain this any better than to say God has blessed me with the gift of communicational empathy(i.e i can get feelings through words), it sounds crazy i know, but i felt the terror that those people felt above during their experiences. If anyone is interersted in empathy to that level id be happy to explain. Anyways, after reading I decided to go and kneel and pray and as God to give me guidance, then i went and read my bible. I was going to read Revelations but i ended up reading the part before that, Jude i believe it is called. Jude is only like 2 pages so after that, I feel that the Holy Ghost has entered my soul. I dont know how else to describe it than to say i feel a presence there that wasnt there before. And to shed some light on this, it is to my belief that if God wishes you to enter the Astral Planes, it is to serve him and to help others find their way. Im going to stay away from it unless the Lord directly calls me to it, but thats just me. Others in the comments talk about how they walk with the Holy Spirit through the astral planes. I feel like you cant get safer than that so thumbs up to you guys. I feel like waiting for the calling is just the better idea for me. Thank you again for everyone who contributed to this thread. God bless.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Astral Projection" is often talked about in the Bible, particularly in regards to the prophets. But it is God who controls the separation of the body and the spirit of the people. Why? Because He is the one who is able to reunite them, flawlessly. When someone does it on their own, under their own power they are taking a great risk. But when God is the one leading the way there's nothing wrong with it.

I never thought about it this way. God can give us visions in our dreams, and if we're lucid we're more likely to remember them. Lucid dreaming ISNT astral projection, the two are completely different things. I have done AP before, all I did was meditate and sit right outside of my body I could see my body with my eyes closed. It wasn't satanic, but later demons did start bothering me but I dont do AP anymore. We never have to be seperate from the body; God raises the dead, He gives our soul and spirit a new immortal body after death; I already died and God gave me an immortal body. I want to lucid dream too it fascinates me. I enjoy being lucid in my dreams the around 7 times I have been.

Upvote 0
R

RychusRkr

Lucid dreaming is very dangerous. I was obsessed with it for around 4 years until this year when I became saved. The very nature of it is sinful because you go into a world where you can be like God where you can manipulate the world around you and do whatever your heart desires. Genesis eve was tempted when satan said you can be like God if you eat from the tree knowing good and evil. It got to the point where I was becoming lucid every day.

At first it was amazing and the funnest thing ever. After awhile my perception of reality was changing. I noticed that my desires in real life was slowly changing to wanting to be all powerful and hating people... I started hearing voices and thought it wasn't anything serious then strange figures started appearing in my dreams and I could sense somehow that they didn't belong there. They scared me because I had no power over them in my dreams and they told me things but i could never remember what they said when i woke up.

One time a dream character told me they wanted to show me something and lead me into a barn where a hooded figure with a blank pure black face looked at me and all i could hear was screaming and feeling extreme fear and instantly woke up and almost as if i could sense a demonic presence in my room. These things slowly continued to get worse and i was getting sleep paralysis allot and i would be stuck in my bed and id see figures in my room staring at me and sometimes aproching me trying to scare me.

The sleep paralysis experiences were getting worse and I was losing control over my dreams and i was fearing sleep and was having problems getting allot of sleep.
When i was awake id hear my name being called and no one would be there and i had the sense that i was always being watched and followed everywhere i go.

I went on a out of town job with my boss who is Christian and is an elder in the church my family goes to and through talking allot i decided to become a Christian again but still had no clue that i had demons following me around. I thought i was crazy and lucid dreaming had nothing to do with it. Well it turned out the demons i've acquired from my lucid dreaming obession weren't happy I became Christian and what they did was the biggest wakeup call of my life.

I got home went into the basement where my room was and i lay down on my bed for litteraly 2 seconds and before i even close my eyes i feel something slam on me and i cant move and i hear screaming and laughing from every direction and everything felt like it was shaking i couldn't breath and i knew without a doubt that i was being attacked by something i couldn't see. I could feel the presents of something on me very powerful pushing me down. Then all i could think of was to call to Jesus and pray then a few seconds after it all stopped and was freaked out and talked to my pastor from the church and prayed and said i want nothing to do with these sins ever again and the voices and hallucinations went away and i felt like something inside of me was removed and a weight on my soul was removed.

They pretend to be friendly when they first come into your life but they wait for you to reach a low point and start to tell you to kill yourself or do terrible things when your weak. Whenever i would get drunk or do drugs the voices i would hear would get very loud and to the point where i came close to suicide while i was foolish and intoxicated and stopped caring about life.

I thank Jesus every day for getting my attention and saving me. Without the grace of God i was doomed for death and destruction and became freed from the enemys chains. They didn't just harrase me they controlled my desires leading me to do destructive things to myself and others.

Please stay away from lucid dreaming. Its dangerous and opens the door to the enemy. The bible says that we first commit sin in our hearts and lucid dreams opens the door to pretty much massing any sin and when we sin we give permission to allow the enemy in.

God bless you guys and please don't be deceived into demonic arts that can destroy and lead to death.

amazing!! Thanks for sharing your story.

I remember when I was still a new believer I'd get I guess whats called sleep paralysis. It felt like a demonic darkness that covered me and I had to muster every bit of will power I had just to finally wisper the name: Jesus... As I've grown in the Lord and His Word, I don't have such things happen anymore. ThanK God!!

Upvote 0
R

RychusRkr

There is absolutely, positively nothing to be afraid of when it comes to astral projection. I have A LOT of experience with astral projection and in fact, the above writer is correct, astral projection and lucid dreams are one in the same. It would take a thousand pages to fully inform you on this very interesting subject...so let me just go over the basics...First of all, EVERYBODY astral projects. Yes, everybody! Most people (about 90%) do it only while in REM sleep. Everybody, however, can train themselves to do it while awake, but it takes time, effort, and patience. It's not easy, but well worth it. My first experience happened when I awoke from a dream suddenly while in the middle of astral projection. Imagine my surprise when I awoke and found my ceiling about a foot from my face! Thankfully, my family was very open minded about such things and I knew immediately what it was. Some people who experience it think they've died and it ends up being a very traumatic experience for them. Basically, astral projection is when your astral body separates from your physical body and you are able to experience the world without the constraints of your physical body. That's it in a nutshell. Many people ask me how I know it's not a dream...aside from just simply being able to differentiate between dream and reality, it is also proven to me time and again by seeing my surroundings in real time. For example, while astral projecting, I'll notice an object in the room isn't where I remember it being. When I awaken, that object is located where it was while in astral projection. I have also traveled to see friends in other cities and knew if they were home or not home, and what they were doing, although I don't like doing this as I feel it's an invasion of privacy.

I hope this helps. Odds are you will never experience astral projection while awake, but it is nothing to be afraid of. It's a very natural part of life that's simply not well known about, and so people fear it. In my experience, it has actually brought me closer to God, reinforcing my faith in God and the afterlife.

oooh, be careful with this....
I'd recommend being strong in God's word and only be open to this type of experience when in prayer and fellowship with God and let Him take you places He might want you to go. Otherwise, just go to the throne room like He has invited us to. Any spiritual earthly travel is roaming the 2nd heaven which is the realm of the kingdom of darkness. Dangerous place to be wandering out on your own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anewman1993

Aug 17, 2014
✟19,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I messed around with it a lot in highschool. I REALLY messed me up, I think it opened me to spiritual attack a lot. It has a lot of danger in and of itself. In a world made out of your imagination a quick thought becomes reality, so if I think of a hot girl naked...well then there is more than likely about to be a hot girl naked in front of me, and since its a dream I control, well, I think you can see where that goes. But I think its a lot more than that. To some degree, lucid dreaming is natural, it happened to me when I was a kid, those natural dreams that just "happen" are not what I'm talking about here. For the most part you wake up pretty quick. However, my experience with trying to purposefully do it, its a different story. I honestly, in retrospect, view it in the same light as if I had dabbled in witchcraft, thats how evil it was in my experience.

It lead me into a lot of stuff and opened the doors for lots of evil. It got so bad that I would wake up in the middle of the night and see people in my room who wern't there. I fully believe these were demons. I know a lot of people will flail at that, but thats honestly what I believe. Eventually I stopped trying to lucid dream I I realized it was evil, trying to purposefully have them and to hold onto them. I think its something that, as a christian, you would notice. Like people who arn't christians wouldn't know it because they don't have the holy spirit, but as christian I think the holy spirit lets us know things, in that case, I could just tell that it was all evil. The dreams,even though I was "in control" I was barley in control, it was always a fight,and there was ALWAYS a very dark, scary presence. I would wake up scared to death almost every night. Lucky I grew up with christan parents, and when I told them about the problems (but not the lucid dreaming) they prayed over our house (we had recently moved in). After that the evil dreams stopped. Though, I would still wake up scared to death in the middle of the night, and be scared to sleep in my room. It got so bad I straight up didn't sleep in my room for about 3 years, I made up every excuse under the sun to explain why I was sleeping on the couch or in the basement.

One thing I would like to add, I wasn't a child, these started around 9th grade but by 10th I believe I had stopped, so it wasn't simply a case of a child having bad dreams. I'm 21 now, and sometimes, I still am scared that I'm headed that way. Things like when I fall asleep, I will sometimes pitch my noes and breath in to makes sure I'm awake (in a dream if you do that you can still breath). I also keep some part of my body moving sometimes so I don't fall straight into rem sleep, aka, going straight into a waking dream.

As far as thing like astral projection. They are witchcraft, plain and simple. Do NOT mess with them. What god in the bible does with prophets is not astral projection, its something different that he controls. If you going to do that you might as well get a spell book and start chanting because its practically the same thing. Same thing with dream guides, or anything like that. There are only 2 sources for supernatural acts. God with his angels or satan with his demons. If something supernatural happens such as astral projection, its not from god, that only leaves one other choice.

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I still haven't understood lucid dreaming and astrL projection well.. but based o. the posts... its like I've been having it since ai aas young... im just so inclined to living in the dreamword (that's y I sleep a lot)

I've had some pretty amazing dreams (flying and being back with someone I love)

and some really horrible ones (the only way I wake up is by shouting Jesus' name)... smetimes I dream about a tooth being pulled out (and boom the next day someone dies

a weird one (so realistic. I wakeup @2am to make reviwers for my test as its the only quiet time... it only dawned to me the next week that the reviewer I had done was just in my dream. I spent an entire week trying to find the non existent piece of paer I had chucked into my "dream"bag... "
and I have some pretty confusing ones that I am too ashamed to share.. their just so realistic... im not 100% sure if it actually happened anymore...

and.. I thunk I've been able to AP..not sure but I've been staring down @my sleeping body countless times...

its still very confusing.. but a part of me knows that's its a dream.. I keep telling myself that (during the dream) whenever I see my ex....

gaaah... can someone pls explain more about lucid dreamin AND AP?? coz I think 20% of the things I THOUGHT I've experienced were actually just dreams.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
oooh, be careful with this....
I'd recommend being strong in God's word and only be open to this type of experience when in prayer and fellowship with God and let Him take you places He might want you to go. Otherwise, just go to the throne room like He has invited us to. Any spiritual earthly travel is roaming the 2nd heaven which is the realm of the kingdom of darkness. Dangerous place to be wandering out on your own.

I believe that you dont astral project when you dream. You can certainly have lucid dreams from God or your own consciousness though. Heaven isnt a spirit realm, its a real world with grass and trees and mansions and immortal humans angels and archangels all of which have bodies. Astral projection, at least to me, has proved impossible except for just sitting outside of my body looking at my body with my eyes closed. I just can never get further than that all the times I tried. Maybe I shouldn't have even been trying though. :clap:

Upvote 0

Sujiro

Jan 23, 2016
Brazil
✟15,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I came here to tell my testimony too in order to explain the truth about lucid dreaming and how Christians should NOT meddle with it. When I started I too drew the line that I wouldn't go into Astral Projection since I knew that was occultism and I thought LD was alright since it could be scientifically verified and all.

I was really good at it, in 3 months I had over 50 lucid dreams, was developing my own techniques and helping people on forums and reddit to achieve lucidity in dreams. Read many books about it but a few weeks ago I dreamed I was in the underground garage of my building when I saw a kitty. It was tiny and very angry and agitated. I had to hold its neck in a way he wouldn’t turn around and bite my hand, it was like handling a poisonous snake. One of his eyes were missing and he had a big open wound behind his ear all the way to the missing eye. I was taking it to my apartment when he suddenly escaped the elevator and ran back to the garage.

When I approached him, he said “help me” looking down to the metal grid of the sewer on the ground. That surprised me and was a bit scary, but I immediately gained lucidity in the dream, because I knew cats don’t talk. I looked at my hand for the usual extra-fingers Reality Check (RC) but it was a perfectly normal hand. Sometimes the hand RC does that to me, but since I was pretty sure I was dreaming, I tried pinching my nose. I could breath normally, which led me to the conclusion I was really dreaming after all, thus attaining lucidity as usual.

Usually when I get lucid in a dream while interacting with a dream figure, they get a blank stare and leave the scenario completely ignoring me, as if they were robots. The cat actually did that for a second, but then he returned standing on the metal grid on the floor. I thought to myself “maybe he wants me to help him grab a mouse stuck there or something, let’s see where this dream takes me if I help him”, but I barely finished that sentence in my mind when A FREAKING BLACK CLOUD LEAKED FROM THE KITTEN’S WOUND AND BECAME A BLACK HUMAN FIGURE WITH RED GLOWING EYES AND A TERRIBLE, THREATENING PRESENCE. Completely unexpected.

We were immediately teleported to my bedroom, which I hate because whenever I’m in my bedroom in a dream, it’s dark (as if my brain expects me to be waking up in the middle of the night).

Anyway, the whole thing gets weirder. The shadow starts trying to touch me and teleporting all over my room really fast, crossing from one invisible portal to another in zigzag patterns. Another reason I don’t like dreaming in my room is because of false awakenings. To make really sure I was still dreaming and maintaining lucidity, I kept my right hand pinching my nose and breathing and with the left hand, I was trying to keep the creature away from me while praying and trying to banish it. It was scary and vivid as [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. I know the drill here and while fighting that thing I even remembered Morley saying in his book about “accepting the shadow aspects of ourselves", giving them a hug and absorbing them to us. I’ve done it before with different dream characters, but nothing like this. I promptly dismissed the idea, as if I KNEW deep inside I shouldn’t touch that thing. My body was all screaming at me that it wasn’t right, I was in a super-state of alertness and euphoria, as if my life was threatened. It was AN INTRUDER, something really bad and indescribable. I know the stuff my dreams are made of and I’ve even ben through some deep crazy daddy issue traumas for healing while in a LD, but this… thing, it wasn’t something mundane.

After I got tired of fighting it, I went through my wall and started flying in the sky, turning the night into day. I made a beautiful golden sky and was finally having fun in that LD. After a while, I woke up, but DEILD’d my way back into the dream thinking I would be safe now. Nope, I was right back in my bedroom, all dark and the damn thing was still there with those freaking red eyes, man just imagine if it were you looking at that right in front of you, vivid. I went through the wall again and flew far away. Woke up again, stayed still in bed with eyes closed, DEILD’d my way back and same thing happened for the third time. When I couldn’t DEILD my way back again I stayed in bed for another hour, all sweat and terrorized by the experience.

I'm done with the occult. When it heard Jesus' name it backed off. I’ve read many, many stories in the last few days with these encounters in LDs and Astral Projections. If I can offer a piece of advice, don’t meddle with the occult. I thought Lucid Dreaming was safe and fine, got really good at it to the point of having them almost daily, but it’s definitely not worth it. I’m glad this experience was an eye-opener and got me closer to God and Jesus Christ. Two weeks later I'm still having trouble to sleep after the experience but it's getting better over time. Me and other people that expeienced this believe that when you lucid dream or astral travel, you're open to spiritual attacks and are actually in the same dimension as Satan and his angels. May God bless you all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
astral projection is not really any different from lucid dreaming. They're one and the same, except that AP-ing is basically a more deliberate practise that can be done from meditation (and is real hard). Plus it has a cooler sounding name, I guess. Nothing inherently wrong with it. You'll find yourself having the occaisonal OOB experience if you become a regular lucid dreamer, too; just a strange subconscious quirk I guess we have; it's all part of the strangeness and fun that comes with screwing around with dreams. Enjoy it!

Astral projection is not harmless according to the person who wrote this article (and I think she should know):

http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_OccultTerms1.html

Upvote 0