Lucid Dreams and Astral Projection satanic?

truth speaker

Mar 16, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is absolutely, positively nothing to be afraid of when it comes to astral projection. I have A LOT of experience with astral projection and in fact, the above writer is correct, astral projection and lucid dreams are one in the same. It would take a thousand pages to fully inform you on this very interesting subject...so let me just go over the basics...First of all, EVERYBODY astral projects. Yes, everybody! Most people (about 90%) do it only while in REM sleep. Everybody, however, can train themselves to do it while awake, but it takes time, effort, and patience. It's not easy, but well worth it. My first experience happened when I awoke from a dream suddenly while in the middle of astral projection. Imagine my surprise when I awoke and found my ceiling about a foot from my face! Thankfully, my family was very open minded about such things and I knew immediately what it was. Some people who experience it think they've died and it ends up being a very traumatic experience for them. Basically, astral projection is when your astral body separates from your physical body and you are able to experience the world without the constraints of your physical body. That's it in a nutshell. Many people ask me how I know it's not a dream...aside from just simply being able to differentiate between dream and reality, it is also proven to me time and again by seeing my surroundings in real time. For example, while astral projecting, I'll notice an object in the room isn't where I remember it being. When I awaken, that object is located where it was while in astral projection. I have also traveled to see friends in other cities and knew if they were home or not home, and what they were doing, although I don't like doing this as I feel it's an invasion of privacy.

I hope this helps. Odds are you will never experience astral projection while awake, but it is nothing to be afraid of. It's a very natural part of life that's simply not well known about, and so people fear it. In my experience, it has actually brought me closer to God, reinforcing my faith in God and the afterlife.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've never had astral projection before, but once I think I experienced time travel (time warp? I don't know). I live about 22 miles from my work, on way home from there, about 2 miles or so down the road it seemed like literally a split second later I was only a mile from home. The hands on my watch were only about 3 or 4 minutes later than from when I started home. Also, I had no memory of the 18 or 19 miles between the two points that I had recollection of up to then and after. Very, very weird, I was literally scared &^%$less, my wife said I was as pale as an albino when I got home (I am fairly dark skinned). Kinda eerily reminded me of several years ago when I saw something on History Channel about the Bermuda Triangle and the time warp the pilot went through on way from Bahamas to Miami, and also about the missing Air Force planes.
:confused:

Upvote 0

MissesDenim

Less Bitter on My Sweet Please.
Mar 16, 2012
USA NY
✟15,553.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow Garthman and Lobster. You guys really opened my eyes more into this AP thing. I have been doing online research about it, and even watched videos on youtube and everyone that was talking about it made it sound so exhilarating! I was attempting to do it a few weeks and like a month ago. I was close one time but my mother busted in the room and interrupted. (Good thing huh) One thing that stopped me from actually focusing on it. Was the fact that I didnt want to see any type of spirit/entity. None of the above. I just loved the "flying around" part. It didnt even come to mind that it was Satanic or evil, just a new adventure I could go exploring in without anything to stop or hold me back. Luckily I stumbled upon this topic. Or I would have been in some trouble. So thank you guys for ya'll Testimony's on it, I wont be trying it at. all.

Upvote 0

Durk

Mar 29, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I only recently found out about the "gift of the discernment of spirits" at 23. I've had the gift since 14 or earlier and I used to journal my experiences which I found out was out of body experience or astral projection with the Holy Spirit showing me these things in the next dimension (spirit realm). At first when I mentioned such experiences to ministers at church (Calvary Chapel) I was told to not do this which was unintentional anyways.

I was always under the impression that discernment of spirits was simply the gift of "suspicion" which I thought was quite judgmental until I learned the other viewpoint of the spiritual gift. I was not sure at first if this was some "charismatic definition" at first but than it all made sense. Its sad certain people believe that only the adversary has the power to give people access to what is going on in peoples lives in the spirit realm when God is much more powerful.

I remember being spiritually attacked when walking around the town I lived in while in the spirit (with the holy spirit beside me) and I was ambushed and pulled into a house (maybe the people there were hosting demons) and when I told them to leave me alone in the name of Christ they all looked at me (20-30) of them pulled out here weapons just feet away from hitting me and then they all dissipated. Otherwise you can see angels (God's angels) and other people who are in the same boat as you walking around (mostly non-Christian) the Christians are guided by the Holy Spirit and the non-Christians either by angels trying to help them deal with the situation or sometimes demons (familiars).

I HAVE NOT seen spirits in the physical world as some people say they do, although I certainly feel there presence quite strong. IF God has something to reveal to me it is usually while I'm traveling in the spirit (such as one gangster acquaintance of mine I was ministering to at age 18) the Holy Spirit showed me the demons who were possessing and oppressing the man. The largest revelation the Holy Spirit gave me was showing me that demons will attach themselves to people not only to create mischief but to enjoy the sins (or perpetrate even further) and feelings of the possessed as to experience life (evil life) because they are jealous of us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Astral projection has to be either very similar to spirit walking, or synonymous with it. My sons both practice this, and the younger one is especially gifted at it. He does in fact come up with knowledge this way, and it is both practical and demonstrable. I'm not sure this is identical to "making a pact with the devil," and I'm not sure it's not.

Both of them clearly manifest unholy character traits in it's wake, and the knowledge they gain is always on the side of destruction, never love.

Since we are in the last days, there is great likelihood that whatever beings may be encountered in such an experience (and the overall tenor of any such meeting) may be changing drastically. I don't think this warning can be expressed in dire enough terms ...

Upvote 0

HappyPanda

New Panda
Apr 4, 2012
✟15,130.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Private
I don't know. I get nightmares a lot (I'm worried I will if I lucid dream.) but I have been trying to induce lucid dreaming because I think it would be fun. I mean, you get to do anything you want, even if you meet fictional characters. (Which personally is really what I want to do. x) That and tell my crush I like him. xP)
I still wish I knew who was right. The 'yes' people or the 'no' people.
I think lucid dreaming and AP are way different. Lucid dreaming is realizing that you're in a dream. Isn't it different then attempting to travel out of your body?
I've had a lucid dream once. I was eight to ten years old, and I dreamt I was falling, but then realized I was dreaming and I changed it so it was The Chronicles of Narnia. Then I had tea with Mr. Tumnus, but my mom woke me up. :p

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know. I get nightmares a lot (I'm worried I will if I lucid dream.) but I have been trying to induce lucid dreaming because I think it would be fun. I mean, you get to do anything you want, even if you meet fictional characters. (Which personally is really what I want to do. x) That and tell my crush I like him. xP)
I still wish I knew who was right. The 'yes' people or the 'no' people.
I think lucid dreaming and AP are way different. Lucid dreaming is realizing that you're in a dream. Isn't it different then attempting to travel out of your body?
I've had a lucid dream once. I was eight to ten years old, and I dreamt I was falling, but then realized I was dreaming and I changed it so it was The Chronicles of Narnia. Then I had tea with Mr. Tumnus, but my mom woke me up. :p

Lucid dreaming is perfect for those who do experience night mares... because that is when you "step in " and change the night mare to a good dream.

I agree, lucid dreaming and astral projection are different.

Upvote 0

NJBeliever

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
✟9,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow. This all sounds like witchcraft. You guys know the symbol of a witch on her "broom" represents astral projection right? And there are actually lots of potions and ointments you can mix and use in Wicca to help with AP.

I don't see how doing anything that involves altering the conscience can be Biblically supported.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francess

Tenacious Truth Seeker
Jul 11, 2012
✟7,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Astral Projection is YIKES! :eek: (Never experienced it but I read a lot about it, and it sounds crazy). I definitely don't think it is a good thing to want to do. Its as if your soul or spirit is temporarily leaving your body, and exploring forbidden places that you are not privileged to see (yet?). lol

Upvote 0

Francess

Tenacious Truth Seeker
Jul 11, 2012
✟7,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow. This all sounds like witchcraft. You guys know the symbol of a witch on her "broom" represents astral projection right? And there are actually lots of potions and ointments you can mix and use in Wicca to help with AP.

I don't see how doing anything that involves altering the conscience can be Biblically supported.

The witch and broom thing is interesting. I never knew that, but now it makes a whole lot of sense. Now I know its bad.

Upvote 0

Francess

Tenacious Truth Seeker
Jul 11, 2012
✟7,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
<staff edit>

And Jesus was definitely a spiritual being, solely for the sake of God, not for "fun". He didn't go on AP journeys for discovery or adventure as some people do. They're undoubtedly dabbling into the occult. It is silly to use AP as an excuse for getting closer to God, when you could just pray sincerely or read your bible. AP is unnecessary, and forbidden. (Deuteronomy 18:10-13)
When you go on your AP travels, just know that seeing familiar creatures or whatever you encounter, is a red flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

bmacho

Aug 31, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When asleep we are supposed to be helpless and depend on God to protect and direct our paths in the dream world. Every human, christain or not has this privilge innanely accorded to us by the father. We don't call the shots in our dream as we aren't conscious of it. We lost this privilege during the fall of man..God severed our link with the spiritual realm.Ie,been conscious of the alternate plane. God never allows any relations with the spiritual realm,except if He needs ministers to us and its always very brief in our consciousness. All the revelations the past prophet received in the spirit weren't conscious experiences. So any teaching that indulges the power to induce consciousness while asleep is satanic. In lucid dreams your senses are intact and sometimes you know you are dreaming but you don't control it. Events just happens randomly. Am not an expert in all this but am speaking out of first hand experience. I have seen Jesus in the spirit,heard and felt Him. Words cannot describe the beauty of my king. As young as probably a 27 year old. His hair long and white to His waiste line. Gentle and looks vulnerable. Right then March 12,2007,I wondered how such meek creature could be feared by the devil..I have seen the devil and angels too. Whoever said the devil is still beautiful is wrong. He dosent exactly looks like a monster but,He isn't attractive. With Jesus,nothing is impossible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ksdevalk

Sep 9, 2012
✟7,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I came on this website because I wanted to see if it was biblically okay to licid dream and before istarted reading everything unasked God to guide my heart and my eyes and the first thing I felt was fear of the AP and lucid dreaming thing so to all you thinking about trying it I kno that I kno that I kno that it's bad mojo...Just what the Lord has told me my friends

Reactions: Francess
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I noted in a previous post, there is a HUGE difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming.

Dreaming is one way (GOD made) our brain to try and "file" our memories of the day etc. Sometimes things within the process are linked to negative memories and other physical processes (maybe chemical dumps by the brain) cause nightmares.... none of which are God's doing nor are His will for us. God wants only good for us.

Lucid dreaming is not really for creating fantasies etc. but for changing the events within a nightmare (especially).... for example, instead of running scared because you're being chased (a common dream when one IRL feels threatened)... lucid dreaming would allow the person ==in the dream== to be bold and stop and confront whatever/whomever is chasing them and (by faith) challenge them or rebuke it/them in the name of the LORD (if it were so frightening.)

We only use a tiny percentage of our brains. Lucid dreaming is something that God has for us. It is not intrinsically evil.

Remember Satan is the one who takes the good that God gives us and uses it evil. God wants good for us. Don't use anything, lucid dreaming nor astral projection nor anything else for evil.... Satan never created anything. Everything created, God created and it was all good. Don't be afraid of using something for good, is my thinking.

PS Lucid dreaming can sense to be very real as IRL. One way to be sure it is a dream and not real is to put your hand up to a wall and push. If you're lucid dreaming, it goes through. If you're actually awake, it won't. ;)

Upvote 0