New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Love, Money, and Marriage

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God." – II Corinthians 6:14-16.

We have gone from "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" to "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire." We have to wonder what is next? As one newscaster put it I was one of the 22 million American sickos that watched "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire (WWMM)." There are several things that came to mind while I was watching and since with the additional revelations about the Multi-Millionaire, Rick Rockwell. At the very best it was a very poor way to choose a wife or husband and at the worst it borders on prostitution. Throughout WWMM there was no mention of God, or Christianity, or religion, or anything spiritual. WWMM degraded marriage to a new low. Marriage should be a sacred binding of two lives together. How can that be done in the name of money and publicity? Having watched Rick Rockwell and Darva Conger marry without any (purported) previous knowledge of each other was somewhat shocking. But what if you were going to have to marry someone you had never met or seen before? What if you could only ask this person one question before making a decision concerning your marriage? What would that one question be? I believe the very most important question we could ask a prospective husband or wife would be whether or not they are a Christian. Also, I would want them to share their testimony of when they received salvation and became a Christian. Why? Because when I married I thought I was a Christian. I had told my wife I was a Christian but in fact I was not a Christian. It was only after living with me for a while that Jeanie came to the realization that I wasn't a Christian. So, one night she shared with me her testimony and then asked me to share my testimony. Only then did I realize I didn't have one. I was a member of a church and had been baptized but I was not a Christian.

If you only had one question to ask what would it be? How much money do you have? How much education do you have? What do you look like physically? Or, are you a Christian and would you share your testimony?

By Ed Wrather

Submitted by Richard

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I do and will admit a weakness to money and want a more better education though I did graduate from high school. But what I really need as well with others in this world is to tell the lost about a eternal, living, and free salvation in our Lord Jesus Christ and accept Him into our hearts and lives.

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
JPPT1974 said:
I do and will admit a weakness to money and want a more better education though I did graduate from high school. But what I really need as well with others in this world is to tell the lost about a eternal, living, and free salvation in our Lord Jesus Christ and accept Him into our hearts and lives.
Just ask them where they'll spend eturnity? Smoking or non-smoking..:) :wave:

Upvote 0