Steve774

Dec 15, 2015
Tennessee
✟15,127.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi. Every year at least one Christian tells me that I’m lost, that I’m a sinner, that my ways are wrong and evil and that only his or hers are holy and right. My heart shines bright and I walk through life in kindness, compassion, humility, gratitude and acceptance. I live a life genuine to my own heart and I live in peace. I don’t understand why Christians believe and preach that they are the only ones who are right. Our world is being torn apart by those who claim to have a monopoly on God and also by those who have disconnected themselves from God. Is there any way that we could all work together to spread God’s love throughout the earth as brothers and sisters in Love?

With Love,

Steve Sanders

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi. Every year at least one Christian tells me that I’m lost, that I’m a sinner, that my ways are wrong and evil and that only his or hers are holy and right. My heart shines bright and I walk through life in kindness, compassion, humility, gratitude and acceptance. I live a life genuine to my own heart and I live in peace. I don’t understand why Christians believe and preach that they are the only ones who are right. Our world is being torn apart by those who claim to have a monopoly on God and also by those who have disconnected themselves from God. Is there any way that we could all work together to spread God’s love throughout the earth as brothers and sisters in Love?

With Love,

Steve Sanders
Welcome Steve, I agree with you, but wonder why some are telling you those things? We have to follow the reasoning of God through His Word. All of the positive loving attributes you mentioned are very honorable/good, however they are not what makes a person a disciple of Jesus. I hope I have not misunderstood you. Forgive me if I have. We are saved from the punishment of our sins, by Jesus goodness, and not our own. Yes with Love, lets hope and pray that those who are called by His name will spread His love to our world

Reactions: oi_antz
Upvote 0

Steve774

Dec 15, 2015
Tennessee
✟15,127.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you for your quick reply.

I was a practicing Christian for over 20 years when I underwent a series of painful traumas beginning over 10 years ago, and at the end of it, I discovered that I had a new relationship with Jesus Christ and with God. During these great trials, Jesus began to communicate me, though in a way I had never before experienced: directly. He showed me that God does not judge, but rather, man judges. He showed me that after death, contrary to all I had believed for so many years, we return to God and become one with God, all of us, believers, sinners—everyone.

Also during the end of my times of crisis, Jesus showed me that we are all brothers and sisters in God, regardless what we believe.

While maintaining my love and relationship with Jesus, I began to explore the world and get to know my brothers and sisters of different cultures and beliefs and what I found astounded me. There were people who knew little to nothing of Jesus who lived lives filled with love, where family was a key force in their lives, where life was maintained in a sustainable way, where people treated one another with care and compassion. Though these people maintained rich spiritual lives, communing with God and holding all life on earth as sacred, there was one thing I found missing in their beliefs, and that was the judgment of those different than them.

And so now I return to the United States, a country I truly love, and I see conflict everywhere. With suicide and anti-psychotic prescriptions at staggeringly high rates, I can’t help but wonder what is going on. Whereas I have spent months and years with people who earn less than 15 dollars a day and yet remain happy, here we have so much, and yet people are so lost.

The love Christ offers is available to all, and it is such a precious gift to the world, but the judgment of the Christian Church makes enemies for itself in modern society. People are looking desperately for love, pure love, unconditional love, and as long as Christians continue branding those different than them as “sinners” who must accept Christianity or face judgment, the modern world will continue to reject God and Jesus’ love.

May God bless you,
Steve

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, sometimes life throws us hand grenades or we step on landmines and we are forever changed.
These verses came to mind as I read your Post. Though I'm not in the habit of adding words to scripture, because we are commanded not to, it's appropriate here. Apostle Paul writing >
Romans 2:12......If one lives life without knowledge of the law-the teachings of the Torah-he will sin and die apart from the law. If someone else lives life under the law, his sin will be judged by what the law teaches. 13 Here's my point: just because a person hears the law read or recited does not mean he is right before the one True God; it is following the law that makes one right, not just hearing it. 14-15 For instance, some outsiders who are not required to follow the law often live quite naturally by its teachings. Even though the law wasn't given to them, in themselves they have the law. Here's the thing: their lives demonstrate that God has inscribed the law's teachings on their hearts. On judgment day, their consciences will testify for them, and their thoughts will both accuse and defend them. 16 This good news given to me declares that this affirmation and accusation will take place on that day when God, through Jesus, the Anointed One, judges every person's life secrets.17 Listen, if you claim to be a Jew, (Christian)count on the law, and boast in your relationship with God; 18 if you know His will and can determine what is essential (because you have been instructed in the law); and 19 if you stand convinced that you are chosen to be a guide to the blind, a light to those who live in darkness, 20 a teacher of foolish wanderers and children, and have in the law what is essentially the form of knowledge and truth- 21 then tell me, why don't you practice what you preach? If you are going to sermonize against stealing, then stop stealing. 22 If you are going to teach others not to commit adultery, then be completely faithful to your spouse. If you hate idolatry, then stop robbing the temples! 23 If you pride yourself in having God's law, then stop dishonoring God by failing to keep its teaching. 24 Here's what it says: "Because of you, God's reputation is slandered by those outside the covenant."
25 You see, circumcision is of value only if you keep the law's teachings. But if you keep breaking God's rules, you are no different than those without the mark. 26 So if an uncircumcised man abides by God's just precepts, doesn't that make his standing before God the same as one who is circumcised? 27 The man who is physically uncircumcised but still keeps the law, he will stand in judgment over the person who is circumcised and yet continually breaks God's law. 28 A mark that is evident doesn't necessarily make one a Jew, and circumcision that is evident only in the flesh is not true. 29 But the true Jew (Christian)is Jewish (Christian) on the inside-in secret places no one but God can see-and true circumcision involves the heart; it comes from the Spirit, not from some written code. The praise and reputation of that kind of Jew come from God, not from man. (VOICE)

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Steve. Love is what unites us, and Jesus gave us good advice. The first and great Commandment is:
" Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second one is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself. God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters, in Matthew 22: 35-40: We ask for Love and Joy,
then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. We keep asking for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends. God sees our loving efforts, and God will Bless us, ask and receive: Matthew 7: 7-10.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," change from being selfish and unloving, to be loving and caring;
treat all as we would love to be treated. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. We might stumble and forget some times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on loving and caring. Let us try and change this imperfect world into the world which God wants for us. Love is very catching, and a Christian`s weapon is LOVE: love changes everything for the better. I say this with love, Steve.
Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. Paul tells us in 1( Corinthians: 13: 13. Faith, Hope, Love, these three: but the greatest of these is LOVE.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Steve. Love is what unites us, and Jesus gave us good advice. The first and great Commandment is:
" Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second one is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself. God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters, in Matthew 22: 35-40: We ask for Love and Joy,
then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. We keep asking for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends. God sees our loving efforts, and God will Bless us, ask and receive: Matthew 7: 7-10.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," change from being selfish and unloving, to be loving and caring;
treat all as we would love to be treated. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. We might stumble and forget some times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on loving and caring. Let us try and change this imperfect world into the world which God wants for us. Love is very catching, and a Christian`s weapon is LOVE: love changes everything for the better. I say this with love, Steve.
Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. Paul tells us in 1( Corinthians: 13: 13. Faith, Hope, Love, these three: but the greatest of these is LOVE.
Let's pray he returns, since he has not been back since the 15th. A Blessed Merry Christmas

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe the Lord's Beatitudes (except the final one being reserved for Christians) in Matthew 5:1-12 testify that He blesses the virtuous whether they be Christian or not. So love is what unites us thanks be to God. I believe in John 3:16-21 we see the summation of our Lord's Gospel indicating that a conscious faith in Him is paramount though since collectively, sinning humanity faces condemnation (although this does not mean every individual whether they be Christian or not). In verse 21, the Lord clearly states that individuals can live by the truth & come to the light. The question is, how many are condemned though? It seems a most delicate matter in evangelization to avoid the pitfalls of assumed condemnation and also the false temptation of universalism.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Acts 4:12
12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

John 3:19-20
19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

John 3:36
36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Luke 7:47
47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little."

1 John 1:6-10
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Truth by its very nature is exclusivistic. If the ball is black, it is not also white; if 2+2=4, it cannot also equal 7 or 15 or any other number; if the animal is a dog, it cannot also be a cat or any other sort of animal. And so on. In the same way, when Jesus says he is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that no one can come to God except through him, he necessarily excludes any and all other ways, truths and lives that claim to lead to God.

Living a life that is "genuine to your own heart' will only lead you to yourself. What's more, God has a very low view of the character of the unregenerate human heart:

Jeremiah 17:9
9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Proverbs 28:26
26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.

Selah.

Upvote 0