Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can you please stick to topic or I will report you. Thanks.
Christians read both OT and NT but we follow what jesus says in the NT because we are not israelites and under the old covenant which was renewed and open for everyone, jew and gentile alike when Jesus died on the cross.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you spent your quiet time reading the Bible, make sure you read the NT not just the OT.especally Jesus words,cos he is the Word.

Also its rather rude to argue with people not of your denom on my thread. So please, STOP. It isnt christlike.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you spent your quiet time reading the Bible, make sure you read the NT not just the OT.especally Jesus words,cos he is the Word.

Also its rather rude to argue with people not of your denom on my thread. So please, STOP. It isnt christlike.

Well, I'm a Christian and I believe that a monastic life is justified by God -because God himself ordered Elijah to do so. Others here are telling me I'm wrong, so I'm not arguing, I'm sharing. I'm trying to show that all denominations have their particular mission, and within those denominations, each person has their specific mission... I don't want to argue, but people are questioning if "Catholics actually believe in Jesus", so tell them.

https://theorthodoxlife.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/monasticism-in-scripture/

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you have an issue with someone PM them, dont muck up my thread with petty arguments.

Both quakers and catholics recognise the need for quiet time, in many other denoms that is also improtant, it might be just my pastor had a different view cos of his personality. I dont know. I just find it a bit disturbing that he would favour noisy gong type people over those who are reverently silent.

At the community dinner he often does a talk while we are having dinner about jesus, but he doesnt ask people to be quiet to listen. He just talks over the top of people in a loud voice. Personally I think he is taking a wrong approach.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Update well God must be doing something cos in prayer time today he asked forgiveness for his ill temper and he even mentioned my name in the church bulletin and I never get mentioned.

?!

I was thinking this morning to put a little seat under the tree thats next to the church entrance so people can sit there in the shade, and we can put a plaque on there in memory of his wife who passed away about 2 years ago now. Then ppl can sit and smell the breath of heaven plants.

Reactions: davidcrosby
Upvote 0

davidcrosby

Aug 7, 2016
US
✟8,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Update well God must be doing something cos in prayer time today he asked forgiveness for his ill temper and he even mentioned my name in the church bulletin and I never get mentioned.

?!

I was thinking this morning to put a little seat under the tree thats next to the church entrance so people can sit there in the shade, and we can put a plaque on there in memory of his wife who passed away about 2 years ago now. Then ppl can sit and smell the breath of heaven plants.
Yeah, the seat would make for some good fellowship... And with an added point, the Holy Spirit doesn't have to be loud to convict someone.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Theres this documentary called Gardening with Soul about a catholic nun if anyones interested . Nuns these days do not go round wearing habits all the time and shunning everyone. Actually it seems they can be quite chatty, but many just quietly work and are devoted to the Lord. This speaks volumes to many people who see their meek and quiet spirit, which is christlike qualities we ought to cultivate in our own lives.

When I first became a christian I didnt realise churches these days were sooo noisy. It was almost like the Hare Krishna convention and you know how annoying they can be.

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Kings 17:2-6
So I guess that there is just a handful of believers that take Jesus seriously enough to try to help the lost and dying world then while the rest just sit quietly, or go hide in a cave, hands folded and wait for the handful to do the work then they will want in on the rewards, hummmm, that sounds like a place I use to work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its the quiet ones that do their work quietly and mind their own business that are doing the Lords work, not the loud ones. The loud ones just talk all the time but they dont actully do anything they just talk. I have noticed.

Also, when God instructs you to be silent, you better listen. The army had to go round Jericho six times in total silence each day and then again seven times and not say a word until Joshua gave the command.

Wonder why?

Upvote 0