lots of questions, could someone give me unbiased answers?

gibsonlp37

Nov 16, 2012
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
hey. little bit about myself- I'm 14, go to a Christian school, play guitar in church every Sunday, skateboard, and play music outside of church. everyone at my school has always kind of labeled me as like a "rebel stoner" type person. so I feel like Jesus talked about love, and most Christians are full of hate and prejudice. not to say that they actually are, just sometimes it feels like that.

anyway, I got to thinking and I was born into Christianity, and basically everything in my life is biased towards Christianity. I haven't really thought about my own religion. so I have some questions:

1) I asked why god let bad things happen to good people, and the answer was god doesn't cause bad things to happen. but if god has a master plan then wouldn't he be responsible for everything that happens?

2) couldn't some random guy just write the bible and say it was god breathed?

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
1) I asked why god let bad things happen to good people, and the answer was god doesn't cause bad things to happen. but if god has a master plan then wouldn't he be responsible for everything that happens?
God has made bad things happen before but he is not responsible for all bad things he just either works around them or uses them for his plan. God is not responsible for mankinds sin even though he allowed for it, it is like saying you have a disobedient son or daughter that is an adult and decides to steal something, you cannot stop them but even if you could it isn't your job to reign over them to prevent them from doing as they desire.

nope.... most believe the bible was written by many authors inspired by God in their effort. Prophesies in it that have been fulfilled show that it is beyond just a mere history of mankind that there is something beyond what man could make or invent in it.

Upvote 0

SilenceInMotion

Sep 5, 2012
Virginia, USA
✟1,646.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hey. little bit about myself- I'm 14, go to a Christian school, play guitar in church every Sunday, skateboard, and play music outside of church. everyone at my school has always kind of labeled me as like a "rebel stoner" type person. so I feel like Jesus talked about love, and most Christians are full of hate and prejudice. not to say that they actually are, just sometimes it feels like that.

anyway, I got to thinking and I was born into Christianity, and basically everything in my life is biased towards Christianity. I haven't really thought about my own religion. so I have some questions:

I'm sure you have heard that God works in mysterious ways, and a thought has probably come to your mind that maybe that's a cop out.

Well, the reason God works in mysterious ways is because we, as people, do not see what God sees. When bad things happen to good people, it is for a purpose- it all falls into the grand revelation God has willed.

Christianity is the largest religion on the planet. It started when a group of people, originally labeled as cultists, started to evangelize in Rome. Women and the poor were attracted to it because of it's liberation- Christianity makes everyone equal.
And so Christianity moved through the ranks pretty quickly. It started to overrun the pagan ideals of Roman belief. When Constantine became emperor and was baptized, the Church of Rome quickly made Jesus it's central figure.

Upvote 0

elopez

Oct 11, 2010
Lansing, MI
✟18,206.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No. That is the fallacy of Post Hoc. There has been a lot of this going around lately. God's planning is different than His foreknowledge.

The Bible couldn't have came from some random guy. It was written over a period of 1,500 years. So, it would have had to come from many, many guys. 40 I believe. As such, it remains one unified text from beginning to end. That is, I would say, extraordinary.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi gibson,

Well, probably the first knowledge that you need to come to terms with is that there are no 'good' people on the earth. Jesus made that clear when he was called 'good' and he rebuked the speaker and said, "Listen, no one is good but God himself." Yes, I understand that that's going to be tough to get your thoughts around for a bit, but if you choose to persevere in faith, you will come to know it because that is the job of the Holy Spirit in the born again person. He will guide you into all truth.

So, the question really is: Why do bad things happen at all?

Well, the simple answer is sin. You will likely follow up and ask, "Well, why, if God is this all powerful God, can't He stop it?" Oh, He can. Unfortunately, the cure would mean death for all, for you see, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. However, He will. Open your Scriptures and turn back to the Revelation chapters 21 & 22 and read them.

God is going to do just what you want him to do and it will be done at the end of this realm. Today, however, we are living in the time that Peter wrote to us about. God is being patient with us and desiring that no man be lost and allowing for each of us to hear and know and accept the truth and gain eternal life. However, as that patience holds back His wrath against all the wickedness of men - that is what is really troubling your heart - we must live with many terrible consequences of our choices in living. And friend, make no mistake you should praise God for His patience because it is that which is allowing you time to come to the knowledge of eternal life and learn to seek it.

People die! There are terrible wrecks and accidents that main and kill. There are wars and pestilences and hunger that main and kill. There are wicked people living among us that maim and kill and other than God's promise to watch over the way of the righteous, there is no such promise of protection against those who refuse Him or even those who are pretenders in His court. And even those who we know are faithful lovers of God really get no promise that their lives will somehow be sweet and good on this earth.

Look at the lives of the very first apostles. Paul was beaten, whipped and imprisoned for his faith and ultimately died a martyrs death. Almost every one of the first apostles were put to death for their faith and love for their God. Son, I know this will be difficult for you but there really isn't any 'gaurantee' of a good life on this earth for the believer. All he ultimately has to trust in is that he knows the truth. That come what may, he loves God and God loves him.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate

1. Yes, if it's part of God's master plan, then He is ultimately responsible. Think of a small child having their toys put away. They cry. They don't understand. But their parent knows best.

2. Yes. Believing in the inspiration of the Bible is an article of faith.

Upvote 0