Lost in the shuffle this week: Somebody is burning churches.....

cmarie423

Momma of 3
Mar 18, 2007
California
✟17,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
7 now. And apparently they aren't "related" yeah right. After this horrible shooting in a church people find it okay to go after the black churches now. It's really sad. We need to pray that this doesn't keep happening. Racism is always going to be alive and well, but seriously. We're in 2015. People need to stop.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

cmarie423

Momma of 3
Mar 18, 2007
California
✟17,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I honestly think it's because a lot of people truly don't care. Or maybe because they aren't Catholic Churches? I'm not talking about people in the forum but in general. It's not even big news. Nobody seems to give a crap at all. It's depressing really.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
thank you so much for sharing this
this is horrible news

I am not able to listen to it right now (I do not have any headphones here and I will have to wait till I get back home to listen to it)

do they have any leads on who is behind it?

it is so sad to see African-Americans targeted like this

Reactions: Tallguy88
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The weird thing to me is that if a church gets torched in the middle east somewhere we get a thread that goes 100 posts on how horrible it is.

We have epidemic of church fires here in America can no one seems interested.

why does it have to be one or the other? like I think both are horrible

I just heard of this
and I am not being dismissive of what is happening in the South, this is scary, this is really bad and I am not sure what to do about it
do we have any leads yet?
but yeah, it is not "a church" getting torched in the middle east

"In Baghdad alone, since 2003, 40 of the city’s 65 churches have been bombed. In all, more than 100 churches across Iraq, many of them ancient churches where Christians have worshipped continually for centuries, have been attacked, bombed, or destroyed entirely."
http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/20/isiss-mission-burn-their-churches-and-kill-their-pastors/

or look during the Arab Spring in Egypt, there were weekends where 20 or 30 churches would be attacked over 2 days time

7 is really really bad for the USA
this makes my heart sick
but we do not even know who is responsible for this yet
are they connected? or is it a bunch of "lone wolf" terrorists who are just inspired by all this garbage going on?

Upvote 0

cmarie423

Momma of 3
Mar 18, 2007
California
✟17,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
why does it have to be one or the other? like I think both are horrible

I just heard of this
and I am not being dismissive of what is happening in the South, this is scary, this is really bad and I am not sure what to do about it
do we have any leads yet?
but yeah, it is not "a church" getting torched in the middle east

"In Baghdad alone, since 2003, 40 of the city’s 65 churches have been bombed. In all, more than 100 churches across Iraq, many of them ancient churches where Christians have worshipped continually for centuries, have been attacked, bombed, or destroyed entirely."
http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/20/isiss-mission-burn-their-churches-and-kill-their-pastors/

or look during the Arab Spring in Egypt, there were weekends where 20 or 30 churches would be attacked over 2 days time

7 is really really bad for the USA
this makes my heart sick
but we do not even know who is responsible for this yet
are they connected? or is it a bunch of "lone wolf" terrorists who are just inspired by all this garbage going on?

From what it looks like, it's probably someone that's trying to continue what Dylann Roof did when he tried to start a civil war again. I read his manifesto and he was deeply disturbed. All that aside I have heard many white supremacists are mad that he was even arrested and are trying to continue his so called "legacy"

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
this is so messed up

they do not even know what they are talking about
trying to start a race war?
idiots
this violent and pitiful minority needs to know that the VAST majority of Americans of ALL races work together and that we would NEVER just allow race to tear us apart like that.

Upvote 0