I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's interesting how the media focuses on this stuff.

Why do we never see them focus on the overwhelming evidence that supports the life and ressurection of Christ?

Because most people in the media are secular liberals who hate Christians and Christianity because we do not go along with their liberal agenda of abortion, euthanasia and gay marriage. They feel threatened by us. It's as simple as that.:sigh: :(

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a bunch of crap...I've said this once and I'll say it a million more times if I have to...Jesus arose from the dead, they're not going to find his body any time soon.;) They can reap all the money they want..it's going to burn some day, I pray that their souls don't go with it.

Upvote 0

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If they really want to find something that is Lost they need to take closer looks in their mirrors so perhaps the truth will find them. It takes much more faith to be an atheist than it takes to believe the truth.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because most people in the media are secular liberals who hate Christians and Christianity because we do not go along with their liberal agenda of abortion, euthanasia and gay marriage. They feel threatened by us. It's as simple as that.:sigh: :(

Whoa, Chococat. Mind the charity. Secular liberals don't always hate Christianity, and those who really hate Christianity are often anything but secular liberals, and hate us for other reasons than the ones you mentioned.

Upvote 0

winsome

English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting how the media focuses on this stuff.

Why do we never see them focus on the overwhelming evidence that supports the life and ressurection of Christ?

Quite so.

Another article debinking this says:

Every year now, as Easter approaches, the media lavish attention on some sensational new theory, advanced to undermine the claims of Christian faith. Sometimes these new theories come from writers with appropriate academic credentials, and sometimes the theorists themselves claim to be Christians, even while they contradict basic Christian beliefs.
Not this year. "The Lost Tomb of Christ," a television special to be aired by the Discovery Channel on March 4, has not a wisp of credibility. This is a blatant effort to generate publicity and profits by challenging fundamental Christian beliefs, using a preposterous argument that no respectable scholar will endorse.

Link here http://www.holyspiritinteractive.net/columns/guests/phillawler/losttomb.asp

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
There are a lot of articals and people refuting tese claims, but the media will focus on the validity of it more than the hoax of it. They should be callling for an explination from Cameron as to why he is lputting out such a lie. Can you imagine if this was done against the Muslims? The media would be saying how wrong it is and calling for heads on plates.

When many speak ill of the "Liberals" we are usually speaking of those in leadership and in-your-face positions in the public. Many of the everyday liberals in the working class and such are not bad people.

Upvote 0

Highway of Life

Radical Middle -- Spirit, Word and Church
Jul 13, 2004
In the middle of the road.
Visit site
✟16,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If they really want to find something that is Lost they need to take closer looks in their mirrors so perhaps the truth will find them. It takes much more faith to be an atheist than it takes to believe the truth.:crossrc:
HAHA!! :rotfl: That was priceless!! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GottaBeMare

Mar 1, 2007
✟7,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the only religion they would dare slam with falsehoods every year during it's holy season is Christianity. This seems to happen every Lent and it really ticks me off! How many other religions would stand for this mocking? Look what happened with the Mohammed cartoons in the Danish newspaper a year or so ago! Will any Christians riot or even murder over this? Of course not! But I do think it's possible to turn the other cheek and defend our beliefs at the same time.

My honest analysis? James Cameron needs to make a quick buck and is riding the tails of the Da Vinci Code. I knew I disliked him when he took the very interesting story of the Titanic and made it a cheesy romance movie. (No offense to those who liked the movie, but I read alot on the Titanic as a kid and while the movie was historically accurate, the addition of the romance just aggravated me. Then again I prefer horror movies to romantic comedies any day! :p )

Upvote 0

Highway of Life

Radical Middle -- Spirit, Word and Church
Jul 13, 2004
In the middle of the road.
Visit site
✟16,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
3-12-2007

Discovery Channel Shies Away from The Lost Tomb
from staff reports

The Discovery Network won't re-air documentary that claims to have unearthed remains of Jesus.

In the documentary The Lost Tomb of Jesus, James Cameron claims a 1980 archeological dig unearthed the tomb of Jesus, his wife and their child. But after just one showing on the Discovery Channel, repeat airings have been canceled.

Darrell Bock, a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary, said the network made its decision in response to criticism.

“Numerous blogs went up and the reaction came in and I think that got them to the point of realizing that what they might have thought was a very credible story at the beginning actually had a lot of problems,” Bock told Family News in Focus.

The Discovery Channel did not return a call for comment, but in a separate interview said it stands behind the documentary 100 percent.

Upvote 0

DedicatedLittleFaith

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Quebec,Canada
Visit site
✟28,906.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is so fake and about money. Not a Lent goes by without something like this.

But this is also a direct attack on the nature of Christ and all Christians in these things.

I think your summation of the original archaeologists reasons really tell the whole story.

I think all Christians can be united in the condemnation of this and it shows that those who attack Christ and all Christians see us all as one. May our common defence of our Lord and the truth of His Resurrection bring us closer together.

Right on! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OnTheWay

Nov 21, 2005
✟6,746.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If they stood behind it 100 percent then they should re-air it over and over like they do everything else. It must be confusing to be one of these people though, if Jesus never existed then how does he have a tomb? How's this for logic: "Jesus never existed, but if the tomb is his then he existed and was obviously just a human religious teacher, but in light of the fact the tomb thing is unlikely to pan out he never existed again." If this were ever about history then those that claimed Jesus never existed would be attacking this as strongly as any Christian source. But it has never been about history, it's about Christianity and the people that hate it.

Upvote 0

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If they stood behind it 100 percent then they should re-air it over and over like they do everything else. It must be confusing to be one of these people though, if Jesus never existed then how does he have a tomb? How's this for logic: "Jesus never existed, but if the tomb is his then he existed and was obviously just a human religious teacher, but in light of the fact the tomb thing is unlikely to pan out he never existed again." If this were ever about history then those that claimed Jesus never existed would be attacking this as strongly as any Christian source. But it has never been about history, it's about Christianity and the people that hate it.

Amen!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.