Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Another context, worthy of discussion, is that since the audience Jesus spoke to was Jewish, and the Kingdom of Heaven (James, to the 12 Tribes of Israel) cited was yet future, after the Great Tribulation. That Kingdom would be on earth, with Peter holding the key(s). Those Jews who failed to recognize Jesus as the Promised Messiah, prior to the crucifixion, would fail the "interview" at the GWT. Therefore, no entry.

Mark 12:34 And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Jesus was not speaking chronologically, but rather it is near in the sense that it is prepared to enter, or that the King is standing at your door and knocking, waiting for you to repent and let him in. By giving Peter the keys to the kingdom, Jesus was authorizing him to transmit and teach others what he had taught him.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What I have seen is that a small gospel and a small law go together. In other words, the folks who have a truncated view of the gospel also have a corresponding view of the main, mainly that it's achievable in a post-fall world.

Gaining a larger view of the gospel is a life-long process. It's actually difficult because of two things. First, it's counterintuitive. The law is written on our hearts; however, the gospel is not. Secondly, we don't understand the extent of our moral bankruptcy. We think that we are (mostly) good.

Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look. (1 Peter 1:10-12 ESV)
Notice that angels long to look into these things. The gospel is a perplexing and offensive thing. Many subtle over it.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I have seen is that a small gospel and a small law go together. In other words, the folks who have a truncated view of the gospel also have a corresponding view of the main, mainly that it's achievable in a post-fall world

Authentic Christians?

Gaining a larger view of the gospel is a life-long process. It's actually difficult because of two things. First, it's counterintuitive. The law is written on our hearts; however, the gospel is not. Secondly, we don't understand the extent of our moral bankruptcy. We think that we are (mostly) good.

Are you referring to the authentic Christian Believer?

Notice that angels long to look into these things. The gospel is a perplexing and offensive thing. Many subtle over it.

The Gospel is perplexing and offensive to an authentic Christian Believer?

:scratch::help:

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Jesus First

Lover of Jesus Christ
Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
✟8,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[EDITED]
Another context, worthy of discussion, is that since the audience Jesus spoke to was Jewish, and the Kingdom of Heaven cited was yet future, after the Great Tribulation, that Kingdom would be on earth, with Peter holding the key(s). Those Jews who failed to recognize Jesus as the Promised Messiah, prior to the crucifixion, would fail the "interview" at the GWT. Therefore, no entry.
Brother Winken,

Do you have special rules that are applied when Jesus speaks to Jews? How can the Kingdom of God be yet future?

In Christ!

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Authentic Christians?

Are you referring to the authentic Christian Believer?

The Gospel is perplexing and offensive to an authentic Christian Believer?

:scratch::help:

As authentic Christians, we all believe in part and doubt in part. If we believed perfectly, we would not sin.

The gospel is both easily understood and a deep mystery. How does God treat a usurper with grace and forgiveness? How does God take enemies and make them sons? We understand, yet we keep drinking in the the beauty of the gospel.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brother Winken,

Do you have special rules that are applied when Jesus speaks to Jews? How can the Kingdom of God be yet future?

In Christ!

Hi! The Book of Matthew is addressed to the Hebrew folk (the Jews). It leads them to the understanding of Jesus as the promised Messiah. In it the Kingdom of Heaven is prominent. If you read the related passages in Mark and Luke, there they refer to the same kingdom as the Kingdom of God. A close reading reveals that the two are identical. Each reference refers to the Kingdom of God on earth, with Jesus reigning over the 12 Tribes of Israel, on the Throne of David .... also know as the millennium, or the 1,000 year reign. The lineage of King Jesus is set forth.

This Kingdom of Heaven/God on earth follows the Rapture and the 7 years of Tribulation. It will help folks to understand if it is referred to as the Kingdom FROM Heaven, or Kingdom FROM God.

There are other references to a Kingdom of God which refer to the Body of Christ. Therefore, one must prayerfully approach scripture when these kingdoms are presented. Paul points that out to Timothy in 2 Timothy 2:15, KJV, "rightly dividing."

Be mightily blessed in Him, my Brother in Christ!

:clap:

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As authentic Christians, we all believe in part and doubt in part. If we believed perfectly, we would not sin.

The gospel is both easily understood and a deep mystery. How does God treat a usurper with grace and forgiveness? How does God take enemies and make them sons? We understand, yet we keep drinking in the the beauty of the gospel.

I believe that the authentic Christian believes --- the Grace / Faith imparted to the Believer can't accomplish anything less. It is all of Him, none of me. I don't believe that HE imparts a "mystery." The mystery for us is announced and explained by the Apostle Paul.

I know, of course, that sin is likely in the life of the Believer. That sin is disruptive of the relationship that one has with God through Jesus, our Intercessor, and we have the Holy Spirit internally present 24/7/365. It is obvious that we who were once enemies are now sons.... whew! Glory Bumps!

Yes, we drink in the beauty of the Gospel in His everlasting, effervescent presence!!

:clap:

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear brother Winken,

Where do you find Biblical support that the Kingdom of God has not arrived and is yet future?

The Kingdom of God which is the Body of Christ is here now. The Kingdom of God/Heaven which is future comes after the Trib. I became Spiritually convicted of this reality in 1985. Before that I didn't know the difference. I have written three books on the subject and I have been active on the internet since Al Gore invented it.

John the Baptist was a forerunner of Christ; he was chosen to help prepare people's hearts for the coming Messiah. He declared that the Kingdom was at hand (Mat. 3:2).

"at hand" in context properly refers to the arrival of Jesus, the 2nd Person of the Trinity, in bodily form. Jesus proclaimed that the Messianic Kingdom was coming, and explained the relevant Hebrew Bible theology in those terms. National Israel rejected Him.

Jesus probably spoke more on the subject of the Kingdom than any other subject. Very few parables are an exception. Where do you find Scriptural support for the theology you hold that most of the teachings of Jesus don't have a direct application for the church since they are Kingdom related?

O MY!!! Let's start with Genesis! Jesus directed His entire ministry to the Hebrew folk. When they rejected Him, he chose the wicked Pharisee Saul to proclaim the Good News to everyone, to the Jew first, then to the Greek. You will note in Acts that the now Apostle Paul shook the dust off his feet, proclaiming that henceforth he would go to the Gentiles (Acts 18:6). Review as well Acts 13:14-48, Acts 17:1-4, Acts 17:15-18, Acts 18:4-8, and Acts 18:19. Just point your mouse at each reference.

Are you aware that the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached all over the world during the tribulation? See Matthew 24:14.

Yes, 144,000 will take care of that. Right after the Rapture. It goes like this: 1. apostasy (backing away from the offer of salvation around the world), 2. Rapture of authentic Christian Believers, 3. 7-year Trib, 4. 2nd Coming, 5. Kingdom of God on earth. Please note that we Christians will already be in Heaven when #3 occurs.

In the book of Acts we have mention of the Kingdom and it was not future but present. Jesus spent 40 days teaching about the Kingdom before His acention into heaven (Acts 1) and this teaching wasn't for the church? See Acts 14:22 20:25; Revelation 1:6, 9, etc.

The first 7 chapters of Acts are written by Luke about the Jews. Chapter 8 is the transition to the call of Saul in Acts 9.

Can anyone read the New Testament and conclude that the Kingdom of God has not arrived yet? This bad theology comes from "learned" theology outside of one on one with Jesus in His Word.

As indicated, one Kingdom is the Body of Christ. The other is not yet. It is on the way!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What I have seen is that a small gospel and a small law go together. In other words, the folks who have a truncated view of the gospel also have a corresponding view of the main, mainly that it's achievable in a post-fall world.

Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look. (1 Peter 1:10-12 ESV)

A truncated view of the Gospel is one in which we are not saved from sin and not made to do what is righteous in accordance with the law, where it is not important to be like Christ, but rather it is the children of God who practice righteousness in accordance with Jesus' example of obedience to the law (1 John 3:10). We can't achieve sinlessness on our own, but with God nothing is impossible (Romans 8:3-4), and through faith we can be made to be like Christ in his obedience to the law. Our salvation from sin necessarily involves being made to not sin and being saved from sin while not being saved from sin is no Gospel at all. The proper response to the Gospel is to repent from our sins, not to continue in lawlessness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus First

Lover of Jesus Christ
Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
✟8,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Kingdom of God which is the Body of Christ is here now. The Kingdom of God/Heaven which is future comes after the Trib. I became Spiritually convicted of this reality in 1985. Before that I didn't know the difference. I have written three books on the subject and I have been active on the internet since Al Gore invented it.

Brother Winken,

So you do believe in two Kingdoms. One is the church (now) and one is the nation of Israel (1000 year reign), correct? What Scriptural evidence did you uncover in 1985? What support do you have that the church age ends at the rapture (and of a pre-trib rapture) without bringing assumptions to the text? And what evidence do you have to support the theology that the kingdom teaching of Jesus was not for the church age?

"at hand" in context properly refers to the arrival of Jesus, the 2nd Person of the Trinity, in bodily form. Jesus proclaimed that the Messianic Kingdom was coming, and explained the relevant Hebrew Bible theology in those terms. National Israel rejected Him.

Sorry —you are in error. What kind of presuppositional hermeneutics are involved to arrive at such a conclusion? Consider the words of Jesus and what was at hand: "From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND.” Matthew 4:17. Since God's Word states that the Kingdom was at hand, that settles it for those of us who believe it as out authority. I'm amazed how often a theological overlay is the authority.

O MY!!! Let's start with Genesis! Jesus directed His entire ministry to the Hebrew folk. When they rejected Him, he chose the wicked Pharisee Saul to proclaim the Good News to everyone, to the Jew first, then to the Greek. You will note in Acts that the now Apostle Paul shook the dust off his feet, proclaiming that henceforth he would go to the Gentiles (Acts 18:6). Review as well Acts 13:14-48, Acts 17:1-4, Acts 17:15-18, Acts 18:4-8, and Acts 18:19. Just point your mouse at each reference.

I've read and re-read your point and don't understand it. Jesus came before the book of Acts. Didn't Jesus state that the Jewish Kingdom would be taken away from them? (Matthew 21:43). Do you believe the words of Jesus? Did not Jesus state, "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be ONE flock, ONE shepherd." (John 10:16)?

Yes, 144,000 will take care of that. Right after the Rapture. It goes like this: 1. apostasy (backing away from the offer of salvation around the world), 2. Rapture of authentic Christian Believers, 3. 7-year Trib, 4. 2nd Coming, 5. Kingdom of God on earth. Please note that we Christians will already be in Heaven when #3 occurs.

Did you notice that this Gospel will be preached "throughout the whole world" (Matthew 24:14)? It states in Matthew 24 that this Gospel is declared before the rapture? (V. 30). So it's not a Jewish only Kingdom of God is it? So what evidence do you have that the kingdom of God (in the Gospels) is Jewish only? Or, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Where do you get your definition of apostasy that means "backing away from the offer of salvation around the world"? ---end of your quote. I would like to know what kind of hermeneutics you use.

You stated that the rapture comes before the tribulation. I would like for you to show me this from the Bible without assumptions brought to the text of Scripture and without questionable hermeneutics.

I used to believe Dispensational theology until the Bible became my authority. I had swallowed the dispensation grid with "hook and sinker" I'm still in recovery from the presuppositions that this system is pregnant with.

So where does the Bible instruct Christians to divide the Bible into dispensations? And why is it okay to take the word "dispensation" out of the Bible and read a theological definition into it —far divorced from context.

In Christ!

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brother Winken,

So you do believe in two Kingdoms. One is the church (now) and one is the nation of Israel (1000 year reign), correct? What Scriptural evidence did you uncover in 1985?

Where do you get your definition of apostasy that means "backing away from the offer of salvation around the world"? ---end of your quote. I would like to know what kind of hermeneutics you use.

In Christ!

Thanks for your response. I'm premillennialist. I don't debate, just offer insights.

https://bible.org/seriespage/3-return-christ-premillennial

:amen::ebil::oldthumbsup: :wave:

Upvote 0

Jesus First

Lover of Jesus Christ
Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
✟8,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your response. I'm premillennialist. I don't debate, just offer insights.

https://bible.org/seriespage/3-return-christ-premillennial

:amen::ebil::oldthumbsup: :wave:

Brother Winken,

I accept this with concern. You are under no obligation to continue the discussion. It's just that you promote certain views and when confronted for Biblical evidence, you back off.

In the end, God will judge everyone of us starting with myself. I'll leave you with a verse posted by another brother (Jason0047) in this forum that has really challenged me lately with what I write: "I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned" Matthew 12:36

Keep the faith in Jesus Christ! (2 Timothy 4:8).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus First

Lover of Jesus Christ
Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
✟8,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear brother Job8,

I respectfully and lovingly offer a different interpretation of the church at Laodicea. You seem to think they all (or in part) were unsaved. I respectfully believe the church of Laodicea were saved because of the following reasons:

1). Jesus is speaking in Revelation 3 to this church. Being God He obviously knows who are saved. Verse 14 states, "And to the angel of the church [body of Christ]'in Laodicea write". The church is the body of Christ. Therefore, being God, He knows who His own are. There may have been people in the congregation who were unsaved, but they would be excluded from the believers addresses as the "church".

2). Jesus id's their problem and it doesn't appear to salvation. It states, "15 ‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth" (vs. 15-16). These believers has gotten lazy and were hardly in fellowship. In verse 17 it describes how they were materially wealthy and spiritually poor.

How about verse 20? "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me". Based on my understanding, Jesus desires to be back in fellowship with them. They appear to have lost sight of the necessity of remaining in communion with their Savior. In verse 21, He warns them that they must persevere in faith ("conquer" as He did).

In Christ!

Brother in Christ Job8,

I've been think about what I wrote you the past few days after reading what Jesus states. My point #1 above may not be accurate. While Jesus knows who are His own, He could of addressed some in the "church" who were never saved or no longer were in the faith. Please consider a portion of what Jesus wrote to the church at Pergamum:

"But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, [saved or unsaved?] who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality. 15 So also you have some who hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans." Revelation 2:14-15

I Apologize for a post that may contain inaccurate information. There is nothing that I say that doesn't escape the eyes of Jesus whom I stand accountable to.

May God bless you this week. Keep the faith! (2 Timothy 4:7).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 7:21 says,
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

So we learn 2 things here.

#1. Not everyone who says unto Him Lord, Lord, will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
#2. He that does the will of the Father in Heaven will enter into Heaven.

What is the will of the Father or the will of God according to Scripture?

"For this is the will of God, even your sanctification"
(1 Thessalonians 4:3).
(King James).

"God's will is for you to be holy."
(1 Thessalonians 4:3).
(New Living Translation).

For it is written,

"Be ye holy; for I am holy." (1 Peter 1:16).

"Follow ... holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:" (Hebrews 12:14).

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous" (1 John 3:7).

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life" (Romans 6:22).

But...

"He that commits sin is of the devil" (1 John 3:8).

"For everyone that does evil hates the light." (John 3:20).

In fact, there are those who profess that they know God but they deny Him in works. For the Scriptures say,

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

3 "And by this we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: by this we know that we are in him.
6 He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
(1 John 2:3-6).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As for Christ saying He never knew those to depart from Him for those who worked iniquity (sin), we have to understand that this is not in contradiction of how God operates elsewhere in Scripture.

"But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die." (Ezekiel 18:24).

In other words, if a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and does iniquit (sin), all his righteousness shall not be mentioned. Meaning, God will no longer remember a person's past righteousness if they sin. God identifies with the righteous. If God does not remember any righteousness on a believer's record anymore (Which makes Him identify with them), then it will be as if He never knew them. The opposite holds true if one confesses their sin to the Lord. God will no longer remember a person's past sins and identify with them in being a sinner if they confess and forsake their sin. In other words, folks here want all the benefits, but they are not willing to let the door swing the other way so as to face the music if they sin, though.

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mean, Matthew 7 is obvious that we are supposed to do what Jesus says in order to be right with Him.

How so?

Verses 26-27 say,

26 "And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."​

Did you catch what it said? Jesus says:

#1. Everyone that hears his sayings and does them not is likened to a foolish man who built his house upon the sand.
#2. Whereby a storm had beat upon that house causing it to fall greatly.

Paul echoes similar words of having a negative conclusion to not obeying the words of Jesus, too.

For he says, if any man speaks contrary to the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine of Godliness, he is proud and he knows nothing.
(1 Timothy 6:3-4).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, what reasons did the false believers give to Jesus in Matthew 7?
And what reasons did Jesus give to these false believers as to why they were not accepted?

Matthew 7:

22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (Matthew 7:22).

False believer's reasons that they give to Jesus:

(a) We prophesied. (This is a miracle).

(b) Cast out devils (This is a miracle).

(c) And in his name done many wonderful works. (These are works done in his name)
(While it may not be necessarily wrong to do works always in Christ's name, we are also told to our works in secret before the Father, too)
(We are also to obey not only before our brethren, but we are to obey God and do good even when nobody is around).​

Matthew 7:

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Reasons that Jesus gives to these false believers as to why they are not accepted:

(a) I never knew you. (This is either somebody that Jesus never had a personal relationship with or it is somebody that has been later deceived into obeying a doctrine of immorality - See Ezekiel 18:24 about what happens to a righteous man when he turns from his righteous ways).

(b) You worked iniquity. Psalm 51:2 relates iniquity and sin together as both needing to be cleansed by David in his confession to God. Iniquity is sin. So these believers had "sin" on their record. This is the problem I see with Eternal Security. They believe in a sin and still be saved doctrine. They overemphasize a belief on Jesus over doing any good for God. They consider doing good things for God as almost a heresy. But this is a far cry of what we here in Acts 10:35 that says, "But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him"

(c) The one who does the sayings of Jesus is likened unto a wise man who built his house upon the rock whereby when the storm came, it did not fall.

(d) The one who does not the sayings of Jesus likened unto a foolish man who built his house upon the sand whereby when the storm came, it fell greatly.​

So these false believers are not missing the Kingdom because they are failing to believe a certain gospel like failing to believe the Eternal Security's greasy grace gospel that allows for sin. Actually, the false believer here is failing to measure up because they are not doing all of what Jesus said. For Jesus said, why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not the things I say?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Also, what reasons did the false believers give to Jesus in Matthew 7?
And what reasons did Jesus give to these false believers as to why they were not accepted?

Matthew 7:

22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (Matthew 7:22).

False believer's reasons that they give to Jesus:

(a) We prophesied. (This is a miracle).

(b) Cast out devils (This is a miracle).

(c) And in his name done many wonderful works. (These are works done in his name)
(While it may not be necessarily wrong to do works always in Christ's name, we are also told to our works in secret before the Father, too)
(We are also to obey not only before our brethren, but we are to obey God and do good even when nobody is around).​

Matthew 7:

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Reasons that Jesus gives to these false believers as to why they are not accepted:

(a) I never knew you. (This is either somebody that Jesus never had a personal relationship with or it is somebody that has been later deceived into obeying a doctrine of immorality - See Ezekiel 18:24 about what happens to a righteous man when he turns from his righteous ways).

(b) You worked iniquity. Psalm 51:2 relates iniquity and sin together as both needing to be cleansed by David in his confession to God. Iniquity is sin. So these believers had "sin" on their record. This is the problem I see with Eternal Security. They believe in a sin and still be saved doctrine. They overemphasize a belief on Jesus over doing any good for God. They consider doing good things for God as almost a heresy. But this is a far cry of what we here in Acts 10:35 that says, "But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him"

(c) The one who does the sayings of Jesus is likened unto a wise man who built his house upon the rock whereby when the storm came, it did not fall.

(d) The one who does not the sayings of Jesus likened unto a foolish man who built his house upon the sand whereby when the storm came, it fell greatly.​

So these false believers are not missing the Kingdom because they are failing to believe a certain gospel like failing to believe the Eternal Security's greasy grace gospel that allows for sin. Actually, the false believer here is failing to measure up because they are not doing all of what Jesus said. For Jesus said, why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not the things I say?

What you fail to see is that faith in the gospel (not the law) produces obedience. You claim that these people in Matt 7 are not rejected because of lack of belief, yet that is exactly why they are rejected.

Did these people cry out, Lord, Lord, we had faith in you? Lord, Lord we are OSAS people! No, they said, "look at OUR works".
These folks thought that their works, not their faith bought them admission. They, just like you, are dead wrong.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Self-salvation is the greatest sin of all.

Ain't that the truth. As Luther said;

"The sin underneath all our sins is the lie of the serpent that we cannot trust the love and grace of Christ and that we must take matters into our own hands.”

Upvote 0