Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, we got a light at the end of the tunnel last Friday with my husband's job through his current employer. The people at the V.A. office (D.C. area) had a contract for him to work on through September. Then, I am told of this stupid sequestration.... yeah, it will effect, once again, my husband's employer and other people who work in government contracting and other such jobs.

Isn't it nice that these severe cuts across the board will effect millions of people and their welfare, but not bother the fat cats in Congress or the WH. Yeah, they won't have any cuts. Apparently we live in a country that our government's congress sees fit to give themselves raises and have untouchable medical and other benefits that we average citizens can't have access to. So, they are the aristocracy, perhaps, and us, the Serfs. :(

My husband said this will automatically take place March 1st because nothing has been done about coming to a resolution on this matter and the president signed something about this a year or so ago saying if there was no consensus, these majors cuts would happen.

It's interesting that they also want to cut the pay and jobs for those working with the military and such, and the military members are effected by this in a way. Here's a novel idea....GET OUT OF ALL THE COUNTRIES THAT WE ARE FIGHTING FAKE WARS WITH! That'll save us LOTS of money.

To top this off, my mom has been a mess the past few months, and we had a bit of a tiff yesterday because she's making no sense. My sister and I are at our wits end. We are feeling lack of love, lack of caring anymore. Please PRAY for my mom, my sister and I, and my family (also because of this job issue), as well as all people effected by this. Heck, pray for this whole country and the world. I'm feeling so horrid lately, but trying not to feel despair. God help me.

Reactions: ma2000

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, the first line reminded me of a quote I saw.
648677_b.jpg

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just read this:

The WH sequestration report says that “military personnel accounts” will be exempt from any sequestration cuts. Does this cover all personnel related programs like tuition assistance, housing, and family support programs?

ANSWER: Military Pay (including PCS and Subsistence) is exempt under the President’s sequestration exemption. Programs such as TRICARE, tuition assistance and family support programs are not exempt and do fall under sequestration.

Read more: http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2012/12/sequestration-faqs/#ixzz2MDLvLGU8
MilitaryAdvantage.Military.com

Dear God. :( Tricare and tuition assistance. This is horrible. :(

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
8. If sequestration takes affect Jan 2 do you think the private sector will see the mass job loss as some large defense contractor are forecasting?

ANSWER: Yes. Reductions in contracts have already begun to take place due to the specter of impending sequestration. Just the other day Boeing announced the layoff of almost 600 employees.

Read more: http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2012/12/sequestration-faqs/#ixzz2MDQUEZDc
MilitaryAdvantage.Military.com

Lord, have mercy. :(

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Doom and gloom followed by last-minute deals" is the name of the game. It's all a show to pit us against each other, and to scare us into begging them to raise our taxes even more to prevent the world from ending. Those folks in D.C. have their plan worked out already. This show of us vs. them is just a formality before they shove some bill down our throats.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now comes the pointing of fingers and laying of blame. Anymore it seems to be all we do.

Politicians gonna politic.
Yes, I know the usual blaming the other side and vs versa. It does seem that's all that happens in Washington these days. Nothing gets done.

"Doom and gloom followed by last-minute deals" is the name of the game. It's all a show to pit us against each other, and to scare us into begging them to raise our taxes even more to prevent the world from ending. Those folks in D.C. have their plan worked out already. This show of us vs. them is just a formality before they shove some bill down our throats.
Sure. I'm just concerned about my family and surviving these budget cuts.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I know the usual blaming the other side and vs versa. It does seem that's all that happens in Washington these days. Nothing gets done.

Sure. I'm just concerned about my family and surviving these budget cuts.

I think that if there are cuts, they won't last very long. Our government can't handle non-expansion.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry to hear how this will affect you, Dorothy. That really STINKS! I have empathy for ya, sister, trust me!

I'm so SICK TO DEATH of Democrats and Republicans. I swear. I'm sick of the immature partisan team sport-style bickering nonsense. They're absurdly draining to ponder. Knee-V makes a great point about the apocalyptic threats and doom/gloom sky is falling stuff comes to frighten people into last-minute smoke-filled room deals. I hate that.

Last minute deals are usually done haphazardly and with ill-considered spur of the moment motivations. These last minute details don't look over the horizon and consider the financial and spiritual health of the nation. They are living for the moment. It's bad governing, and a horrible forecast for our longterm growth and prosperity.

Shakespeare was right: kill all the lawyers

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

yep a thousand times over. ever notice how every fill-in-the-blank is the most important fill-in-the-blank and if you don't vote the way we vote then would could face the worst fill-in-the-blank in our country's history?

what I think needs to happen, personally, is take everyone in the Fed, and have a long, slow sit down of what the Constitution says, and what that means they can do.

then take everyone in America, and remind them that politicians are like diapers. they need to be changed frequently and for the same reason. then we'll get somewhere I think

but that's just me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry to hear about your bad news. I lost my job last June and have only found part time work since. It's bad enough being broke but then you feel like a looser too. The good news is the Lord has provided each step of the way. I'm saying this Dorothea that it might build up your faith during this time of uncertainty and bring you a little peace of mind. At the end of the day the only thing we can trust in is the Lord.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
knee-v said:
I think that if there are cuts, they won't last very long. Our government can't handle non-expansion.

Yeah, I just felt the effects a couple hours ago picking up my prescription nasal spray.

I'm sorry to hear how this will affect you, Dorothy. That really STINKS! I have empathy for ya, sister, trust me!

I'm so SICK TO DEATH of Democrats and Republicans. I swear. I'm sick of the immature partisan team sport-style bickering nonsense. They're absurdly draining to ponder. Knee-V makes a great point about the apocalyptic threats and doom/gloom sky is falling stuff comes to frighten people into last-minute smoke-filled room deals. I hate that.

Last minute deals are usually done haphazardly and with ill-considered spur of the moment motivations. These last minute details don't look over the horizon and consider the financial and spiritual health of the nation. They are living for the moment. It's bad governing, and a horrible forecast for our longterm growth and prosperity.

Shakespeare was right: kill all the lawyers

Thanks, Scott.

Anyhow, my prescription nasal spray went up from $22 back in around 2005 to $26. Then, a couple years later, it jumped to $26, then $29 and has been for the past four years. Today, I went to the pharmacy to pick it up. The guy says "That'll be $44." I said, "What?! I am pretty sure it's usually $26 or $29." Then, he proceeded to explain to me the Tricare changes. Now, I'm not complaining that that's a GOB of money and am grateful for the coverage first off, but good grief, it was a bit of a surprise since last month it wasn't that, but my hubby said the changes go into effect, I think it was around sometime this month (mid or close to the end...can't remember if he said Feb. 22nd or Feb. 27) and these cuts are supposed to go through September.

Anyway, I plan to stock up on some of skin care, vitamins, and hair care products (organic things I've been using), just in case we have no job later on ...

ETA: Actually it was $25 after looking on a current Tricare benefit form.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yep a thousand times over. ever notice how every fill-in-the-blank is the most important fill-in-the-blank and if you don't vote the way we vote then would could face the worst fill-in-the-blank in our country's history?

what I think needs to happen, personally, is take everyone in the Fed, and have a long, slow sit down of what the Constitution says, and what that means they can do.

then take everyone in America, and remind them that politicians are like diapers. they need to be changed frequently and for the same reason. then we'll get somewhere I think

but that's just me.
Talking with Thekla on the phone earlier today, I do think what she said was spot on (don't take this wrong being a military member....you know I was an air force wife for some 14 years and a daughter of an air force Colonel who served 30 years). She said:

"The military members are canon fodder for the war machine. The citizens are corporate fodder for the big banks." I may not have gotten the exact wording right, but that was the gist of it. Maybe she can come and fix it. lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to hear about your bad news. I lost my job last June and have only found part time work since. It's bad enough being broke but then you feel like a looser too. The good news is the Lord has provided each step of the way. I'm saying this Dorothea that it might build up your faith during this time of uncertainty and bring you a little peace of mind. At the end of the day the only thing we can trust in is the Lord.

It's definitely a test....and the demon's darts have been strong this past year, really. But we will keep trudging forward.

There is a concern with all the unemployment, and then all these cuts will have millions more out of work, including so many veterans who have retired or were discharge due to war wounds or whatever, and they have no jobs to get.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dot I am sorry to read this, my prayers everything works out in time for you guys.

Our government is like the Venus fly trap from Little Shop of Horrors, it just keeps growing and growing, demanding more money and more spending.

Yes, spending for the two small groups controlling our government: The global bankers/investors, and the industrial war machine.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have a very simple solution: fire everyone in Congress who is from the Baby Boomer generation because, bluntly speaking, this country was great before they took over.

Also, give the Congressmen the same benefits that is given to the enlisted military. That is: while you are in, you get full benefits and a wage that is below poverty line. If you want to keep your benefits and half your pay when you get out than you will have to serve in Congress for twenty years. How do you do that? Re-election. How do you get re-elected? Serve your constituency.
I say this because I think it is absolute bull that some idiot who gets elected for two years, voted out and never runs again is entitled to free medical and dental care for life whereas every other working class American has to work beyond retirement age just to have the funds available to meet the ridiculous cost of living.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
EC: it's actually not true that that is the case. Their benefits are not that nice. Also, frankly, congressmen don't really need the benefits and salary from the government. If you have what it takes to get into congress, you'll have employment for life after. Usually at better pay. That's not going to be a motivator for them.

Upvote 0