Looking4Leia

Resident Trekkie
Oct 12, 2009
✟7,617.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There's a book titled After by Francine Prose. It's about a corrupt school system and brainwashing but it actually stay pretty grounded in reality. I'm a conspiracy nut so I ate it up, but I also liked the first love aspect it brought to the table. Can anybody help me out with a fairly realistic book written in the first person released within the past 9 years? With my luck, probably not, but I figured I'd try.

Somebody suggested I read The Hunger Games, but after about 5 minutes I could tell it wasn't my thing, not to mention it's plagiarism. I've already given Goth Girl Rising a shot and didn't like the style of that one either.

Thanks for any and all help.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Keep your eyes open for any news pieces on banned books. I did a brief search with no luck (always get too many of the classic banned books to wade through or too short a list). I do remember one about high school situations including bullying and sexuality. If I recall correctly the descriptions made it sound like it involved conspiricy on hte part of some of the students and willfull neglect to take action on hte part of adults. Based on descriptions it might be something yuo would like.

Upvote 0