KatyAD111

Jun 1, 2010
United States...Richmond VA
✟8,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not much of a writer, but this idea came to me and I think it might be book worthy. I call the book "The Seed". It's directed more twards children but it really could be for anyone. It's really short but you could stretch it with some art work. (please excuse the grammar errors it's been a long time since english class).

Matthew 13:31 "The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smalles of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches." -Jesus Christ

The Seed

Long ago there lived a farmer. The Lord had given him a large plot of land because He loved him very much. The farmer was greatful to the Lord for the land but had no idea what to do with it all. "What should I do with all this land?" He thought. "I know what, I will go ask the Lord what he wants me to do, and he will answer me, He always does." So the farmer went to the Lord and asked Him what to do. And in the right time, at just the right season the Lord spoke to the farmer and said " In this season I want you to plant a harvest of all kinds of seeds. "Okay" the farmer said to the Lord, and quickly began doing the Lords work.

The farmer planted many different kinds of seeds. Some of them were apples, blue berrys, raspberrys, orenges, and tomatos. And among all those seeds there was one inparticular that the Lord loved and he was the tiniest of them all. Then at last the season for planting was over and God saw what the man did and He was very happy.

And God watered and kept all the seeds in the field, making sure they all were fed and taken care of. And at the right time God told all the seeds to grow. And all the seeds began to grow, except for the the seed that was the tiniest of them all, he did not grow. So the Lord bent down and repeated himself "Little seed, grow." "No God!" exclamed the seed. "I won't do it, I won't grow." The Lord looked at the seed with much love for him and asked "Why will you not grow?" The seed replyed "It's dark down here in the earth and cool and dry. I'm very happy down here and I'm comfortable, and I don't know what it's like up there above the earth, It might be scary and I could get eaten. And honestly God I don't think you will even miss me up there I'm so small my part in the world can not be that important. Lord, I'm just not ready...I don't think I will ever be ready, I don't think I will ever grow."

"Well maybe you are right." Said the Lord. But if you don't grow you won't see the sunshine or the clouds, or the sky. You won't know what it's like to feel the wind, you won't see the moon or the stars. Worst of all you won't see the wonderful life I have for you."

So the little seed thought about what the Lord said for a moment and then replyed..."Lord, I think, I think, I think...I think I'll do it, I think I will grow! the seed replied juvalently. God smiled at the little seed and said "I will never leave you or forsake you." And with that, the tiny seed began to grow.

He grew, and he grew, and he grew and the tiny little seed became a gient mustard tree. A tree that could see way way up into the sky and all around the land. And he got to see the sun and felt its heat and he felt the wind and he laughed because it tickled him when it blew through his branches. He got to know the moon and the stars. He also got to know lots of little birds and squirrels because they came to him and built there nests, they rasied their babies in his branches. And the tree watched the farmer and his family grow and grow, from one generation to the next and he understood what God meant when he talked about the wonderful life he had for him. "God is Good" he thought and he clapped his hands and praised the Lord. And the mustard tree, the farmer and all the little birds and squirrles lived happily ever after.

The End
Thanks for the reviews
God Bless,
Katy D.

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
At 726 words, your story would be considered flash fiction. Go to the Grinder's search page select Flash in the Story Length box and click Search.

Give it a second, then scroll down the page for a list of potential markets.

Good luck.

Upvote 0