Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lands21 said:
Is Genesis literal or a parable?

Lets debate, formally in these forms.

I would take the New Earth / Literal Creation side.

Respond to this or PM me if interested.

Hey lands21:

I believe Genesis is literal.
God created the heavens and earth.
Not sure what you mean by "new earth"?:)

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
lands21 said:
Sounds good, as I am off on the weekends as well. We can set the rules as we see fit.

Have you ever had a formal debate on this fourm? Are you a firm believer in evolution in scripture?

Feel free to set the rules as you see fit. I'm merely along for the ride.

On this forum, no. But I have been involved in formal debate person to person - so I can probably figure it out. ;)

If you are asking whether or not I believe that evolution is compatible with Scripture - yes. If I have misinterpreted the question please clarify.

[edit] If you'd like we could set it up in Denominational Formal Debates instead of the back and forth over PM. Though not strictly a "denominational" issue I'm betting that if we followed the rules they would let it go (maybe not, who knows). I leave the opening salvo to you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟24,020.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Silent Bob said:
Do we need sub forums for everything? Just start it out and let everyone know it is a formal debate between two parties. If anyone else posts have the mods delete the post.

Or go ahead and use the formal debate forum in apologetics. I don't think it is restricted to apologetics topics. There is a thread for debate invitations and comments too, so any third party who wants to throw their two cents in can do it without interrupting the formal debate.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tonks said:
Feel free to set the rules as you see fit. I'm merely along for the ride.

On this forum, no. But I have been involved in formal debate person to person - so I can probably figure it out. ;)

If you are asking whether or not I believe that evolution is compatible with Scripture - yes. If I have misinterpreted the question please clarify.

[edit] If you'd like we could set it up in Denominational Formal Debates instead of the back and forth over PM. Though not strictly a "denominational" issue I'm betting that if we followed the rules they would let it go (maybe not, who knows). I leave the opening salvo to you. :)

When/if you actually start this debate, could you post a link, here, and keep us all apprised?

Thanks. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.