✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:):wave:

OK - my husband has a second or third cousin who is actually my daugher's closest friend.
She is 11 and my girl is 13.
She has decided she wants baptized.
Her sister wants baptized too.
Her dad finally [under the influence of alcohol unfortunately] said that he wants baptized too.
[I been nagging him for 3 years] :p

Problem is - i sincerely dont know if the sister and dad would continue to attend Church.
Their dad never goes [and since he was a war vet - and saw his friends die - he concluded all the bad stuff about why God lets things happen.]

AND her sister doesn't attend Mass with us, only the girl does [mostly - but not always]
I know this is a window of oppurtunity.
And i dont want it to pass - so i need prayers for a few things.

1-Obviously that they get baptized...[their dad a heart attack a few months ago] so i dont want him to not do this.
2-That they will truly all convert in the heart and WANT to attend Mass.
3-That the dad will get over his alcohol addictions and really desire to be Catholic
4-LASTLY the priest said he may not do RCIA this year because he has no help.
[I am lil shy about helping - longer story and dont think i should offer because of the longer story]

Soooooooooooooo
This family desperately needs prayer for this process to work out...and they remain in the Church.

:crossrc:

Thanks if you can spare some...
:hug:

I need some prayer helpers - because i have been praying and dont want to give up on them.

Reactions: MariaRegina

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
O, and their dad [he married a younger woman and so he is 65ish]
but his wife - their mom died in an accident with the girl's twin sister even tho both girls were also in the accident - they survived....
The older girl is very shy - awkward - and painfully shy.
She has panic attacks since seeing her mom die and her little sister.
[Which was the girls twin sister who is my daughter's friend]

Anyway - their dad wants me to raise them if he dies. :crossrc:
I wouldnt mind at all.
But i really think for the girls sake, he needs to live a long time...and needs baptized.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prayers going up.

Get em into the Church who will take over from there. That could be the hard part.

If they get that far then maybe you could help out with some Sunday school lessons if they are up for it and definitly with questions they might have along the way.

Wow, what a privilege it would be to sponsor a whole family.

If they don't follow through, you can't force them. I'm sure you know that.

Prayers some more.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟827,931.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
:):wave:

OK - my husband has a second or third cousin who is actually my daugher's closest friend.
She is 11 and my girl is 13.
She has decided she wants baptized.
Her sister wants baptized too.
Her dad finally [under the influence of alcohol unfortunately] said that he wants baptized too.
[I been nagging him for 3 years] :p

Problem is - i sincerely dont know if the sister and dad would continue to attend Church.
Their dad never goes [and since he was a war vet - and saw his friends die - he concluded all the bad stuff about why God lets things happen.]

AND her sister doesn't attend Mass with us, only the girl does [mostly - but not always]
I know this is a window of oppurtunity.
And i dont want it to pass - so i need prayers for a few things.

1-Obviously that they get baptized...[their dad a heart attack a few months ago] so i dont want him to not do this.
2-That they will truly all convert in the heart and WANT to attend Mass.
3-That the dad will get over his alcohol addictions and really desire to be Catholic
4-LASTLY the priest said he may not do RCIA this year because he has no help.
[I am lil shy about helping - longer story and dont think i should offer because of the longer story]

Soooooooooooooo
This family desperately needs prayer for this process to work out...and they remain in the Church.

:crossrc:

Thanks if you can spare some...
:hug:

I need some prayer helpers - because i have been praying and dont want to give up on them.

Praise God! It seems that the Holy Spirit has begun His good work in them. I will pray that it continues, and that they be brought to salvation.:prayer::crossrc::crossrc::prayer:

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Joab, ya telling me not to get out the shotgun? :p
:D

Thanks Mark, MariaRegina, Joab...
Could use all the help as much as possible. :crossrc:
Not only does the one older girl show trauma from the accident when she was 5, but her dad being in the war is a bit prone to them as well - hence his alcohol problem.
Fortunately, he is not a 24/7 drinker. But enough that ya know he is struggling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
WA, the Holy Spirit is working through you in a powerful way. He will not let you down, just make sure you invite him into every decision and step you take. I will be praying with you daily for the intentions of this family. :crosseo::groupray:

He chose a strong headed and determined person for this task didn't he? ^_^ :hug: And I am sure that is what is needed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.