Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I suggest we make this our official OBOB logo:

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/protestantsbaaa128503272804293691.jpg
protestantsbaaa128503272804293691.jpg

Just kidding. :b

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm sort of conflicted about this..

I think the ones about the Pope are kinda cute :) as long as they're respectful of course and not making fun of the Pope.

I'm not sure about some of the Saint ones... I know the people who made them weren't meaning to be disrespectful at all, and I could see how they can help people learn more about the faith. But I also see what Anhelyna and Zhilan mean about icons.. I tend to view religious images in general in the same way.

The lolJesus website is just horrible :( no words. But it was meant to be so. Lord have mercy :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

geerlingguy

May 3, 2009
✟15,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In response to some of the questions raised in this thread, I give you:

[D'oh! I can't post a link... but see the latest blog post on LOLSaints, in the 'Blog' section, for the reply.]

Feedback (either here or there) is greatly appreciated! I'm actually researching some of Aquinas' writings in my research, as I really, really, really don't mean to offend with what I'm doing on lolsaints.com. I would especially like to discuss things with an Orthodox Christian, as I don't really have many friends who are Eastern/Orthodox, although I've talked to one or two...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In response to some of the questions raised in this thread, I give you:

[D'oh! I can't post a link... but see the latest blog post on LOLSaints, in the 'Blog' section, for the reply.]

Feedback (either here or there) is greatly appreciated! I'm actually researching some of Aquinas' writings in my research, as I really, really, really don't mean to offend with what I'm doing on lolsaints.com. I would especially like to discuss things with an Orthodox Christian, as I don't really have many friends who are Eastern/Orthodox, although I've talked to one or two...
I think it's a great avenue to peak curiosity with everyone. Including the unchurched. I especially like the fact that you link a little bio below. I personally don't see a problem with it. It only reaches a crowd that normally would not be reached or interested imo.

Upvote 0

geerlingguy

May 3, 2009
✟15,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think it's a great avenue to peak curiosity with everyone. Including the unchurched. I especially like the fact that you link a little bio below. I personally don't see a problem with it. It only reaches a crowd that normally would not be reached or interested imo.

LOL at your "I put the cat in Catholic"!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

geerlingguy

May 3, 2009
✟15,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As far as funny pope pictures go... I would like to contribute the one next to my name.

As far as the lolsaints, I did like most of them. Some... eh.

Metherion

Haha! I love that picture - hadn't seen it before. That would definitely make it on LOLSaints (or whatever other LOLSite you can think of).

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I liked them... I think God has a sense of humor (since humans have one).

Probably. And I don't think these are disrespectful. Hey, if someone took a picture of me where my collar was flying over my head I'd laugh too. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.