Logical Proof of the Existence of a Divine Creator-Why Atheism is Not Logically Sound

ypostelnik

Jun 13, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Judaism
unbelievable. Yes, the same people that are manipulating google results with ease have done that as well. I wouldn't touch the guy's page and it wouldn't help me anyway. He even posted on his site that I tried to come to an understanding with him but he wants to keep trashing. The guys on there brag about googling me repeatedly and then post other links where they can trash me personally. Stop accusing me of things as this is getting really disgusting.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's astounding how atheists can condone libel, harassing phone calls, google stalking, etc. because they disagree with an opinion. I had as many say so directly on Richard Dawkins when I asked them to intervene. At least they're more upfront than the posters here. I didn't touch anyone's wikipedia page btw, and the same guys who claimed I did are actually repeatedly trashing mine (though I've informed the admins and they've asked me to notify them of any future attacks).

You guys are really sick and that's all I have to say.

Run to mommy, your diapers are full.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
unbelievable. Yes, the same people that are manipulating google results with ease have done that as well. I wouldn't touch the guy's page and it wouldn't help me anyway. He even posted on his site that I tried to come to an understanding with him but he wants to keep trashing. The guys on there brag about googling me repeatedly and then post other links where they can trash me personally. Stop accusing me of things as this is getting really disgusting.

This has what to do with your poorly written and poorly thought out article?

Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
YPOSTELNIK Wrote

ChordatesLegacy,

My point was that atheists believe that all these formations happened on their own, i.e. spontaneously. I mentioned in the column that those who believe in evolution (which has many holes in it, but isn't the subject of the column) would actually have a greater problem explaning how all those steps can happen without a creator. To see why evolution is wrong (not the purpose of the above column) one can also read the bottom post of creationistsearch dot wordpress dot com
Thanks

The most obvious lesson to be learned from your article is that your knowledge of the natural sciences is at best POOR. The arguments you put forward are not even novel, they have been used by creationists of limited intellect many time, even though they have been overwhelmingly refuted.

As far as evolution goes; it explains elegantly what we see in the geological record and what we see in biological experiments today. There are no holes in the theory of evolution, just gaps in the evidence which will always exist due to the nature of geology.

Explaining the history of the known universe is well advanced from the original composition of hydrogen and helium, to the production of heavier elements, star formation and destruction, planetary formation, geology, biology etc. All without any need for a mystical deity to magically poof matter, life etc into existence.

Invoking something more complex (i.e. God/s) to explain something less complex (universe) is ignorance beyond belief.

One question.

List the holes in evolution: Remembering evolution is the natural progression of life through natural selection, and NOT the history of the universe.

Upvote 0

huggybear

Feb 2, 2008
✟421.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

hello, i understand your views that design indicates a designer, that is clear for billions to understand, dont worry about what the people who live on these forums have to say, they are the minority in this world, they think they know it all, but really dont know how deep the rabbit hole goes,

they think that because they can understand some processes that that rules out any divine intervention, i heard the other day someone explaining the 10 plagues of ancient egypt, with algae and all these natural explanations saying god had nothing to do with it, just because they see how it works,they simply cannot understand that god uses natural procceses to achieve what he wants ,

some people are not meant to see the wonder of life, i would not bother to try to enlighten them, and yes it is true that they underestimate the complexity of life and the universe saying "its possible" for it to happen by chance ,all the while having little to no idea or proof or explanation how that could happen, this is why billions believe in a creator, who cares what the fringe groups say, the science of god for me is easy to grasp, the only thing that makes me doubt god is the fact that life appears to be so random, some sick some healthy, some happy some not,some rich some poor, in my opinion we have all been abandoned by god, and he does not want us to believe or know about him,

i say just drink, smoke ,eat and be merry for tommorow we die:liturgy:

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
hello, i understand your views that design indicates a designer, that is clear for billions to understand, dont worry about what the people who live on these forums have to say, they are the minority in this world, they think they know it all, but really dont know how deep the rabbit hole goes,

Outside the US, creationists are a minority. I don't even think their a majority in the US, but I'm not certain. Certainly among scientists, they're a tiny tiny proportion.

some people are not meant to see the wonder of life, i would not bother to try to enlighten them,

Who sais theists have a monopoly on seeing wonder in the universe?

they underestimate the complexity of life and the universe saying "its possible" for it to happen by chance

Do you believe it is possible for Chemical reactions "to happen by chance"?

the science of god for me is easy to grasp,

So if something is easy it must be true?

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So if something is easy it must be true?

That isn"t what he said and you know it.

No, what he said was far worse, a set of thinly veiled insults leveled at anyone not a pseudo-christian book worshipper like him. I have never seen any evidence that any of his Gods appreciate this level of deceit and malice, but nevertheless his ilk pour it out in rivers.

Upvote 0

Baggins

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
At Sea
✟14,982.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
It's astounding how atheists can condone libel, harassing phone calls, google stalking, etc. because they disagree with an opinion. I had as many say so directly on Richard Dawkins when I asked them to intervene. At least they're more upfront than the posters here.

At least they were until they became aware of the full facts

http://richarddawkins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47998&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Then the sympathy quickly died.

They also linked to this thread so people on Dawkins.net could enjoy this thread as well.

If you are trawling the internet looking for sympathy I think you are going to be bang out of luck. The other guy seems to have evidence and you have none.

Personally I hope he sues you for a pretty penny in court, if anyone called me a Paedophile I'd want to hang them out to dry.

I didn't touch anyone's wikipedia page btw, and the same guys who claimed I did are actually repeatedly trashing mine (though I've informed the admins and they've asked me to notify them of any future attacks).

This would all get sorted out in court.

You guys are really sick and that's all I have to say.

And you appear to be digging an ever deeper hole for yourself, which isn't very bright

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 24, 2007
✟15,142.00
Faith
Atheist
you said yourself about holding onto an extremely illogical position. when you are able (you in general) to show solid, tangible proof of a divine creator, then we (we in general) will totally flock to see what you behold. when there is a piece of "god" that can be examined, then maybe you're right. until then, you are just protecting an illogical fallacy with the name jesus written all over it.

Upvote 0

ypostelnik

Jun 13, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Judaism
I see the Dawkins guys are linking here too. Found in yet another one of their persistent google searches and harassment campaign. They're making a great name for themselves. The fact is that Wagner's been running around on the internet posting crass and unfounded accusations against me that he may well have concocted. I've asked him to back off and instead he googles me several times a day and keeps following me around everywhere. He was the organizer of a harassment campaign against me and I've done nothing to him. I wouldn't come up with the outlandish accusations or go to the extent that he so clearly does.

If this is what you do and so many of you condone against anyone who disagrees you then you've earned your place among the communists, fascists, etc.

Btw, I find it very telling the earth sciences forum, though hosted by a religious forum, is occupied primarily by atheists who spend all their time trashing creationists. As a result of their tactics few religious posters regularly frequent there, at least in proportion to the number of atheists, which is apparent from a simple thread read. Interesting tactics to stifle debate.

Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
YPOSTELNIK Wrote:

Btw, I find it very telling the earth sciences forum, though hosted by a religious forum, is occupied primarily by atheists who spend all their time trashing creationists. As a result of their tactics few religious posters regularly frequent there, at least in proportion to the number of atheists, which is apparent from a simple thread read. Interesting tactics to stifle debate.

I would not go as far as stating “trashing creationists”, but I would say that about creationist ideas. The simple fact of the matter is, creationist ideas are based on magical mysticism, whereas earth scientist ideas are based on evidence and experimentation.

An example of Creationism magical mystical science is a paper written by Andrew A. Snelling march 26, 2008; Testing the Hydrothermal Fluid Transport Model for Polonium Radiohalo Formation: The Thunderhead Sandstone Formation, Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee-North Carolina (LINK) Basically it is a rather drawn out critique of polonium decay in the formation of radiohalos, but even with their tinkering around the edges they still cannot get it to work, so what do they do is insert the following

Quote:

However, the concurrent formation of 238U and Po radiohalos in the same biotite flakes in many granites (Snelling and Armitage 2003; Snelling 2005, 2008a), and other evidence (Vardiman, Snelling, and Chaffin 2005), is consistent with 238U decay having been grossly accelerated during an event, or events, in earth history, particularly the Genesis Flood.

Even you must see what they have done here; their model does not fit with the evidence, so they have no less than changed the laws of physical for one year. If there were periods of accelerated radioactive decay the amount of energy released during that time would also increase by the same magnitude as the radioactive decay, neither of which have been observed. Also scientists have done extensive experimentation on radioactive isotopes to see if their decay rates change and their findings are an unequivocal NO.

When creationists have to resort to magical mysticism to get their hypotheses to work it is not SCIENCE and TRASHING is all their work is GOOD FOR.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I see the Dawkins guys are linking here too. Found in yet another one of their persistent google searches and harassment campaign. They're making a great name for themselves. The fact is that Wagner's been running around on the internet posting crass and unfounded accusations against me that he may well have concocted.

Not that two wrongs make a right (although not that it sounds like Wagner is the one pulling the dirty tricks, mind) but how is posting the same sob story about an article (that's clearly full of insulting fail) on multiple boards any different?

If this is what you do and so many of you condone against anyone who disagrees you then you've earned your place among the communists, fascists, etc.

Yeah, ok. Debunk Wagner's debunk properly, then maybe you'd have a point.

Err, no. We have many atheists here, we also have many Christians, from diehard YECer to theistic evolutionist (like myself). And what do you expect on a "discussion" forum? A bunch of Christians sitting around in a holy huddle patting each other on the back about how wrong evolution is? Sorry buddy, but that's not how things are.

And sorry if you feel hard done by, but truth be told, your article is full of basic arguments that have been refuted many times, on this board alone. This is one of the largest and most varied places on the Internet for this subject, in my experience. Ballgame needs to be on a very high level here.

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Err, no. We have many atheists here, we also have many Christians, from diehard YECer to theistic evolutionist (like myself). And what do you expect on a "discussion" forum? A bunch of Christians sitting around in a holy huddle patting each other on the back about how wrong evolution is? Sorry buddy, but that's not how things are.

They are over on talkjesus. Seriously yp, if you are looking for bit of hand-holding from people whose grasp of logic is even worse than yours, tj is the place!

Reactions: Baggins
Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see the Dawkins guys are linking here too. Found in yet another one of their persistent google searches and harassment campaign. They're making a great name for themselves. The fact is that Wagner's been running around on the internet posting crass and unfounded accusations against me that he may well have concocted. I've asked him to back off and instead he googles me several times a day and keeps following me around everywhere. He was the organizer of a harassment campaign against me and I've done nothing to him. I wouldn't come up with the outlandish accusations or go to the extent that he so clearly does.

You're running around spreading lies and you don't expect him to defend himself?

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see the Dawkins guys are linking here too. Found in yet another one of their persistent google searches and harassment campaign.

What you mean is you went over there and made the same sob story, you were given advice on how to handle what you think is harassment then proceeded to insult everyone.

Stop your crybabying and grow up.

Upvote 0

Bombila

Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
✟13,256.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Exerpt:

Your simple thread read has misled you. Not every atheist poster identifies themselves as an atheist in every thread. Not every theist poster identifies themselves as religious. This forum has to do with evolution, and most Christians do accept evolution as fact. Some of the people you read here arguing on the side of evolution are Christians, not atheists, although some of us are atheists, of course.

There is one atheist poster here who consistently 'trashes' theism, and he is frequently rebuked by others, regardless of their belief or lack of belief.

You appear to be seeking out persecution where there is none. Most people do not consider that very healthy.

Upvote 0