Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Error alert!!

Spiritually dead does NOT equate to physically dead, as in non function. But that's the way Calvinists love to spin it.

To be spiritually dead is to be separated from God just as physical death is separation of soul from body. James 2:26.

There is nothing in Scripture to suggest that the spiritually dead cannot respond to the gospel. In fact, Jesus said that the "dead will hear and will live" in Jn 5:25. He refuted the Calvinists even before they became a group.

I'm really not interested in what arminians can or cannot do, but the idea that spiritually dead people cannot respond doesn't come from the Bible. Again, Jesus refuted that notion.

And freedom of choice proves that spiritually dead people can make choices. Has nothing whatsoever with being dead or alive, as you wrongly assume.
Typical semi peligian response

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If that would be such a bother to you, why can't you just give me the post #.

I don't bother following every post to every other poster. I do follow those who post to me. But I don't see how repeating oneself should be such a fuss. If you really were interested in refuting my position, you should see this as another opportunity to get the truth out.

But it does seem that you're not all that interested in doing that.

My post on Eph 1:4 was succinct. If you're unable to refute it succinctly, it's ok to admit it.

Or it repeating the truth as you see it is too much of a bother, it's ok to admit it.

I always look forward to clarifying and repeating, so that others will at least understand my views and points. That's the only way to have a serious discussion.

But, that may just be too much for some, I guess.
It didn't bother me when I put you on ignore for 3 years. The holy spirit told me to cause you insulted him everyday and still do. You're a very lucky person to have me to take you off ingnore. I wanted to see if you still have the emotional monkey in your mind. I'm talking to you to convince you to tie that emotional monkey to a post so you can tame her. With that wild monkey running loose, you not going to feel well. Tame it. Get a hold of yourself.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I said this:
"It's a lot easier to troll than to actually engage the views of others."

This is just a really obvious example of how to dodge questions and avoid any serious discussion.

The truth is that you won't cover what has already been covered because you can't. Or you would have.

I understand your complete unwillingness to engage my views substantively. And it's ok to admit it.

Well, you've clearly communicated that you consider me an unregenerate. Which is saying that I'm not saved. Which violates forum rules.
I'm instructed to procliam to you the gospel, regenerated or not, not debate. Only the bible does the corrections. Are you a female teaching men spiritual things of God?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Typical semi peligian response
Once again we see no substantive response to my comment about what spiritual death is and is not.

I proved my point with the very words of Jesus. Which, btw, refutes your view.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It didn't bother me when I put you on ignore for 3 years. The holy spirit told me to cause you insulted him everyday and still do. You're a very lucky person to have me to take you off ingnore. I wanted to see if you still have the emotional monkey in your mind. I'm talking to you to convince you to tie that emotional monkey to a post so you can tame her. With that wild monkey running loose, you not going to feel well. Tame it. Get a hold of yourself.
This is just one very desperate post. Your own views of Scripture offend the Holy Spirit, since your views are directly refuted by Scripture.

It's very typical for those who have no defense to change the discussion to a direct ad hominem against those to whom you cannot refute.

And, again, this is just another dodge, so that you don't have to engage the conversation.

btw, I'm feeling quite fine. Because I know what Scripture says. And my posts demonstrate that again and again.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said this:
"It's a lot easier to troll than to actually engage the views of others."

This is just a really obvious example of how to dodge questions and avoid any serious discussion.

The truth is that you won't cover what has already been covered because you can't. Or you would have.

I understand your complete unwillingness to engage my views substantively. And it's ok to admit it.

Well, you've clearly communicated that you consider me an unregenerate. Which is saying that I'm not saved. Which violates forum rules.
I'm instructed to procliam to you the gospel, regenerated or not, not debate.
This is a debate forum, so it appears that you're out of your league, or in over your head. Which does explain WhY you would dodge rather than actually engage my posts. So, thanks for the info.

Only the bible does the corrections. Are you a female teaching men spiritual things of God?
Once again, wrong again. I'm a male teaching anyone who reads my posts spiritual things of God.

Are you a female trying to teach others?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Quite right, Marvin, Calvin did argue all our decisions were predetermined by God. The problem, then, is that we really have no free will, no choice, as we can choose only as God preprogrammed us to choose. If we truly have free will, then Good cannot devised our decisions for us. Also, if you have read through his "Institutes," you will know that he actually mocks at the idea of free will, as did Luther in his "Bondage of teh Will."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
It's been five hours and you have yet to produce any passages which state only the elect receive mercy.

Maybe Augustine can help you.
All depends on what kind of mercy is being dispensed by God to people.
The mercy that brings about the salvation of His elect is not the same as that exposed to all including the unsaved.
God has mercy on some regarding being saved, they received mercy to be saved and not on others, on some He is not merciful, some He hardens.

Romans 9:15
For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.”

Romans 9:16
So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

Romans 9:18
Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

Romans 9:23
and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,

Romans 15:9
and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written: “For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, And sing to Your name.”

2 Corinthians 4:1
[ The Light of Christ’s Gospel ] Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart.

Ephesians 2:4
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

1 Timothy 1:13
although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

The pattern is that we who become saved, God has showed to us His mercy
1 Timothy 1:16
However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

Titus 3:5
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

1 Peter 1:3
[ A Heavenly Inheritance ] Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
True, there are many biblical passages that seem to support election. However, there are many others that seriously challenge it and speak of a universal salvation, for example, ! Tim. 2:4, Titus, 2:11, James 1:15, 2 Pr. 3:9. Also, the NT introduces God as a loving God, and when you love someone, you don't condemn them to horrible punishments. The other issue here is whether or not there is any hope for us. According to Calvin, the vast majority of the human race are doomed to eternal damnation. only a tiny minority are saved and they are so few in number that Calvin says they probably do not meet up with each other in this lifetime. So, chances are that holds for us. But who wants to believe in such a hopeless situation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.