New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Living Lemonade

Despite the fact he had none of his own, Art always had a fondness for children. Seldom had a child with something to sell knocked on Art’s door and gone away without a sale, and the smaller the child the more Art seemed to buy.

One hot summer day, Art drove his car with the air-conditioner cranked up all the way as he headed to see his next client. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a small boy selling lemonade.

Actually, two small boys headed up the enterprise. One frantically waved his arms to attract attention, while the other remained seated behind a table selling lemonade. Art could not pass up an opportunity such as this.

How much for a glass of lemonade? Art asked as he pulled up and got out of his car.

A small glass is fifteen cents and a large glass is a quarter. The small boy beamed, showing how happy he was to get a customer.

Well, this is an awfully hot day, Art said. I think I will need a large glass.

Yes, sir, the boy replied, grinning from ear to ear.

What’s your name, son? Art inquired.

Devan, sir. What’s yours?

Art’s the name. And that’s Thirsty Art to you.

Yes, sir, Thirsty Art, Devan replied, with his grin still in place.

Art savored the lemonade and the moment.

Had a lot of customers today, Devan?

Not really, you’re only the third one. Second if you don’t count my mom.

Well, moms are awfully important, Devan. I think we need to count her.

Devan continued to grin.

It’s an awfully hot day, Devan. I think I’m going to need a second glass.

Yes, sir, Devan replied, as he poured a refill and added another ice cube.

This sure is the best lemonade I ever had. Nothing like a good lemonade to quench a guy’s thirst.

Yes sir, but he who drinks my lemonade will thirst again, but he who drinks living lemonade will never thirst.

You go to church, don’t you, Devan? Art asked, as he thought back to the times when he and Patsy went to church before they divorced. Art did not want to quit going to church. He just felt like he did not fit in anymore.

Every Sunday and Wednesday, Devan replied. My dad’s the pastor.

Really! Art replied. Where’s your church?

Art and Devan continued to talk through four glasses of lemonade. Art met Devan’s mother, and Devan’s dad drove in just before Art left, or should I say just before Art planned to leave.

Art did not get to see as many clients that day as he had planned, but he did promise to show up for church on Sunday, and as he drove off he thought of the day when he would be able to tell about how he met the little lemonade-selling evangelist who turned his life around. ++++

When was the last time you took time for a child who was not your own? You never know what your time can mean to a child, or what their time can mean to you.

Copyright 2001 Steve Demaree

To God Be The Glory!

=====
Steve Demaree
1608 Summerhill Drive
Lexington, KY 40515
(606) 271-2416
moviesteve@rocketmail.com
Submitted by Richard