W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She doesnt want to live in an apartment. She just wants to stay with friends.

Its hard to say why she wants that. She may have some kind of problems though. Maybe she is lonely. I don't know. I only know that we Christians, all of us, can be judgmental. That's what I wanted to comment on. I see it all over this website, and a little leaven leavens the whole lump. The only reason im not leavened by it is because I suffer my own affliction, and it keeps my eyes open. Its not because I am good or wise or anything. Its just because I embraced my hardship in a way that it works good. It keeps my sleepy eyes open. I believe the Church is sleeping. We forget that its better to give than to receive. We forget that the Lord loves those who are forsaken and lost. I don't forget simply because I am forsaken and lost myself. Thank God, my eyes are opened. All things work good, even my terrible burdens. As James said, God has chosen the poor to be rich in faith. Paul gloried in necessities because the power of Christ would rest on him.

Proverbs 30:30 The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh—an inspired utterance.

This man’s utterance to Ithiel:

“I am weary, God,
but I can prevail.[a]

Surely I am only a brute, not a man;
I do not have human understanding.

I have not learned wisdom,
nor have I attained to the knowledge of the Holy One.

Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is the name of his son?
Surely you know!

5 “Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

6 Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

7 “Two things I ask of you, Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:

8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, i will see my pastor tomorrow if hes in his office, but i dont know if he can help, he doesnt know her, but maybe he can suggest a respite care or rest home. She doesnt want to go in one, i am sure.

I remember mentioning about the local rest homes and she doesnt want to live in any. Yes shes made an idol of her independence. She just wants to stay with friends. She had arranged to stay with one she told me but it fell through. I dont really know what the story is with that friend, cos i dont know all her friends. She shares a landline with the lady she was staying with, maybe i can ring that and see if i get through to anybody, but apparently its been cut off.

I dont want to go see her on my own, but i dont know anybody at this stage who is free to visit her with me. I may be free today this afternoon but just need to find someone else whos also free and that knows her.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, i will see my pastor tomorrow if hes in his office, but i dont know if he can help, he doesnt know her, but maybe he can suggest a respite care or rest home. She doesnt want to go in one, i am sure.

I remember mentioning about the local rest homes and she doesnt want to live in any. Yes shes made an idol of her independence. She just wants to stay with friends. She had arranged to stay with one she told me but it fell through. I dont really know what the story is with that friend, cos i dont know all her friends. She shares a landline with the lady she was staying with, maybe i can ring that and see if i get through to anybody, but apparently its been cut off.

I dont want to go see her on my own, but i dont know anybody at this stage who is free to visit her with me. I may be free today this afternoon but just need to find someone else whos also free and that knows her.

She made an idol of her independence? No one wants to lose their independence. We will be old like her one day, and we may just find ourselves in her shoes. I'm not sure we can accuse her of idolatry.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course she is lonely shes living by herself in a one room cabin. But she cant stay there, shes not allowed. Did you not read all the posts about her situation. I dont want to have to explain it all over again.

I just shared my opinion. Maybe it helped, maybe not. Anyway, have a blessed day.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well we as christians need to judge or discern things at times to know what the right course of action to take is.

I dont think anyone here is judging her salvation or accusing her. I know her better than you so, that is why i am writing what im observing.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was thinking of contacting eldercare or home help.
I think maybe the presybeterian church has some minsitry with that. She doesnt belong there but i think they help anyone.
My pastor is involved with the local rest homes and retirement villages so he might know of the good ones the are suitable for her, but she needs help packing however i dont know where she will go. She has no clue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I dont ask for peoples opinions.
I am here because its biblical advice, not opinions. I am not interested in your opinions. Especially if you dont know anything. Sorry.
Its my opinion of scripture. I'll delete subscription now. Have a spiritually prosperous day sister.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok i am just listing the ones in my group that know her.

One is a new mum who recently had a baby so i dont think she is free to come help. I txted her the mobile number and asked her to call or pray for her.
Another lady lives local but she is working in town and can only come on weekends.
One man lives an hours drive away, i dont know if he could come, i think hes retired so he may be free.
Another lady works full time but she lives all the way across town. Shes the one that doesnt get along with her.
Another lady is dealing with her dad whos in and out of hospital and its exhausting for her at the moment,
And the other lady whos just moved to a retirement village in her 80s i dont actually know of she can come, i could go pick her up, but its out of my way across town. She can drive but dont know if shes been to her house before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am thinking of contacting the host the one whos dad was in and out of hospital. She seems to be the one who most understands her and would be sympathetic but also practical.
The man in our group, i could but he would have to drive down and be free also, he would be practical but as he is not young and strapping i dont know. He can lift things and stuff and be handy that might help.

Now i dont know if shes already contacted him or if shes shy about that cos hes male. He was a widow but now hes got a gf and as my friend is single she may be a bit funny about that, she might have liked him before. I dont know, they are bout the same age.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I figure if someone can come with me to visit her it would be better than me going alone and being overhelmed.
She asked me last sunday over as her landlady was having a gathering or bonfire but i couldnt make it and she understood and I said another day. Then she said she would drop by my place on monday to drop off some plants, but she didnt show, i dont know why. I got busy doing my things so didnt call.
Then on tuesday she called to say her phone had been cut, got someone else to call me as she didnt want to call on her own mobile as it cost her money and gave her friend her number to give to me as i dont have it.
I found out her plan had fallen through and now she was wanting a place to stay as she was moving on friday. Forever she had been talkimg about it but never said exactly what day she was shifting. Turns out she has no place to go and had to be off the property by friday. Her power and water will be cut off and her cabin is going into storage...as she said. I am never sure what her plans are as they change all the time.
She wanted me to come right away but i couldnt, nor yesterday as i am busy with study and classes and work.
She also asked me to stay at my place and i told her no, but i did ask my folks first. I had to wait till mum got home to see if she would allow it..but said it was unlikely.
I rang the friend who had given me her number and she said not to worry she doesnt live in the real world. She had helped at various times but to no avail.

I am pondering what to do as cant just leave her plus she asked if i could come pick up her plants it seems she cant drop them off. I had offered previously to take 3 plants to look after.
This afternoon i may be free to visit her but i just dont want to go alone.

I remmebr last time i helped a lady from church who said she needed help but it was kinda like she had dementia or wasnt in her right mind and i didnt know how to handle it as she kept changing her mind about stuff. She had a husband there but she was bossing me around and actually made me cry when i didnt do exactly what she asked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now that church lady was actually really rich she lived in a mansion but she wanted church members to come and help her. For nothing.
I asked her husband if she really needed help as he seemed to handle everything but she just wanted someone to talk to. The problem was she wouldnt let you go and would want you to stay for hours.
She did pay me to do some gardening which i did once but i didnt go expecting it to be like a job. But the job of caring for her every whim was not fun. She neded someone to help clean and wanted church members to give up their time and do it for nothing, which is fine if you can but i wasnt going to do it and be bossed around plus it was a huge mansion remember,too big for one person to clean.
Me, wanting to help but not able to, told my friend at church and she said she would do it. But she got treated quite badly doing the job as it wasnt to her satisfaction. The church lady had been in hosptial and her husband was looking after her but she sidnt want to be looked after by him, she was used to her independence. Also he wasnt a believer so he couldnt understand her when she talked about Jesus all the time.
Now after she had the heart attack or whatever it was that landed her in hsoptial..turned out to be cancer if i recall, she went back home, and was on lots of steroids and drugs, but it could have been early dementia as well.

I dont know if my friend this lady im dealing with now is on any medication thats making her this way. It seems she gets fatigued a lot. But being with her can be exhausting cos she wants me to do everything and fetch and carry.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
She did say she needed a motel. I could book a motel for her i just need to find one thata available at short notice. With her not having phone or internet access its hard even though she could go to the library. It needs to be local.

Anyway it would give me peace of mind thats she safe and sound.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
when she asks for a place to stay, remind her that if she seeks the Kingdom of God first, all those things will be added to her. when she asks for money for healthcare, remind her that God wants her to be well and Jesus made healing available at the whipping post. when she asks you to do work for her on your computer, remind her that she can do all things through Christ that strengthens her, and God supplies all her needs through His riches in glory. in other words, every time she brings up something carnal that she needs, remind her of what the God who loves her has promised her; all these needs are actually symptoms of one spiritual problem - she's looking everywhere but to God to find help.

if she responds, and you feel led, help her in small ways to be an encouragement but not a source; if she doesn't respond to God's word, she will probably leave you alone when she realizes that she has genuinely to turn to God for help before she'll get it from you :)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Update shes found accomodation for now and a place with friends to stay.
I saw her this afternoon, she was in a bit of a panic before but she said i was a tonic and Godsend. Well. I didnt stay long but did help with some packing and my pastor had prayed before hand and gave me some advice so thats ok now. Phew.

Crisis averted. Praise the Lord!
I think maybe I worried too much? Shes going to stay on a farm but it will be in another town and i wont see her at writers group for a while.

Upvote 0