Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just living the way you want to live will not lead to true peace.

MATTHEW 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

God cares for His children the way we care for ours. Sometimes God has to let you find out what living without Him is to convince you that you need to listen to Him.

If you're not saved today you can use this as a guide.

"Dear heavenly Father I am sorry your Son took the punishment that I deserve? I ask you Christ that you please forgive me of all my sins? I thank you Lord for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.”

Tell a pastor at a Christian Church that you have asked Christ for salvation and go to Sunday school you'll find fellowship to be a great help as you grow as a Christian.

Last edited:

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just living the way you want to live will not lead to true peace. Sometimes the Lord has to burden us, so as to teach us to do right.

MATTHEW 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

God cares for His children the way we care for ours. Sometimes God has to let you find out what living without Him is to convince you that you need to listen to Him

LUKE 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Don’t call on Christ at the last minute, it might pass you by. If you're not saved today you can use this as a guide below.

"Dear heavenly Father I am sorry your Son took the punishment that I deserve? I ask you Christ that you please forgive me of all my sins? I thank you Lord for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.

Tell a pastor at a Christian Church that you have asked Christ for salvation and go to Sunday school you'll find fellowship to be a great help as you grow as a Christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You come to the Baptist section to people who already proclaim Christ and tell them to get saved?

Yes i do, but my main purpose is to get help on editing my post. You really believe everyone that proclaims Christ is saved,

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes i do, but my main purpose is to get help on editing my post. You really believe everyone that proclaims Christ is saved,
No i don't in fact God says not everyone is saved who does, but I think for people who already think themselves saved it is going to take more than come to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why I am giving you a hard time is because i see it as a cop out. It's like standing over a mud pit holding a sign which says there is a rope. What if your son or daughter were in that mud pit would you still hold a sign? No you would jump in the mud with a hand of the rope and take it to them. That is what Jesus did, God became man, and He ate and drank with sinners He knew them because he lived among them. You cannot stand on the side and say Jesus is the way, people will say yeah thanks. You have to spend time with them find were they hurt, be a friend, get to know them. Then you can speak to them about Jesus. That is what I believe any way. That is Jesus's way.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
ddrgkd, do you believe the following:

Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. While both free will and deterministic understandings of the gospel are espoused by various Baptists, human works play no part in a person's redemption.

What's your take on the following:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’"

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why I am giving you a hard time is because i see it as a cop out. It's like standing over a mud pit holding a sign which says there is a rope. What if your son or daughter were in that mud pit would you still hold a sign? No you would jump in the mud with a hand of the rope and take it to them. That is what Jesus did, God became man, and He ate and drank with sinners He knew them because he lived among them. You cannot stand on the side and say Jesus is the way, people will say yeah thanks. You have to spend time with them find were they hurt, be a friend, get to know them. Then you can speak to them about Jesus. That is what I believe any way. That is Jesus's way.

All i can do is stand over the mud pit so to speak, if you make anything longer than a few sentences people will not read the whole thing and sometime they don't anyway; they read the first sentence.

So you have to tell a lot in the first sentence. If you can help me out i would appreciate it, i here criticism on the other sites.

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. While both free will and deterministic understandings of the gospel are espoused by various Baptists, human works play no part in a person's redemption.

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’"

The only way you can be saved, is to have faith in Christ and ask for salvation.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
All i can do is stand over the mud pit so to speak, if you make anything longer than a few sentences people will not read the whole thing and sometime they don't anyway; they read the first sentence.

So you have to tell a lot in the first sentence. If you can help me out i would appreciate it, i here criticism on the other sites.
Wow I appreciate your humbleness, keep that up God will exalt you.

You know people may not read long things, but if they are really hungry and what you are writing is food for the soul they will keep reading. The biggest challenge is to get out of the way and let God use us. Listen to people, get in the mud with them, share there pain, empathize and always use God's word not your own. If people are quoting what you said, then you are doing something wrong, when you do it right they will quote Jesus and be able to find chapter and verse where it says what they are talking about. The greatest way to build a bond is to suffer with the people Jesus did this and New this. This is God's way. We grow through suffering. Believing is only the first step, a person must see their need for Jesus and see they are a sinner and surrender to God.

Be able to back everything you say up with God's word, study study study. Your words can not stand but as Jesus said God's words will never pass away. We know people by comparing them to God's word, If a person preaches true to God's word we know God sent them however if they go against we know they are a false teacher.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wow I appreciate your humbleness, keep that up God will exalt you.

You know people may not read long things, but if they are really hungry and what you are writing is food for the soul they will keep reading. The biggest challenge is to get out of the way and let God use us. Listen to people, get in the mud with them, share there pain, empathize and always use God's word not your own. If people are quoting what you said, then you are doing something wrong, when you do it right they will quote Jesus and be able to find chapter and verse where it says what they are talking about. The greatest way to build a bond is to suffer with the people Jesus did this and New this. This is God's way. We grow through suffering. Believing is only the first step, a person must see their need for Jesus and see they are a sinner and surrender to God.

Be able to back everything you say up with God's word, study study study. Your words can not stand but as Jesus said God's words will never pass away. We know people by comparing them to God's word, If a person preaches true to God's word we know God sent them however if they go against we know they are a false teacher.

Thank you

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was asking if you believe this statement:

Thanks for clarifying on the "asking" part :)

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was asking if you believe this statement:

Thanks for clarifying on the "asking" part :)

Asking for salvation is not a work, it's you giving up your pride and surrendering to Christ.

LUKE 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟108,918.00
Faith
Baptist

James 2:19. You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
20. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
22. You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;
23. and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS," and he was called the friend of God.
24. You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. (NASB, 1995)

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

James 2:19. You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
20. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
22. You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;
23. and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS," and he was called the friend of God.
24. You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. (NASB, 1995)

My take is by faith we are saved and by works we are justified. To be saved, all it takes is faith that Christ truly died, defeated the devil and rose as a sacrifice for us.

As an imperfect people we cannot work enugh to be saved. while were here on earth we will allways be imperfect, it takes Christ's blood to make us perfect in God's eye.

We will want to do works for Christ after we are saved, but it doesn't take works to save us it takes faith that Christ went to the cross for us.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0