1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little shy, but is um... A wet dream a sin?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by fallingchristian, Dec 1, 2005.

1. fallingchristian

fallingchristian Regular Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    Id hate to bring this up, But i was thinking about it.....

I have a question for guys (well mostly guys)

Isnt a wetdream a sin?

Like you think lustfully and then relase semon, How is that different from masterbaiting? (witch again i dont think is wrong)

2. DamianAntichrist

DamianAntichrist New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Yes, a wet dream is a sin, jack off more, the problem will stop

3. fallingchristian

Faith:
    Catholic
    The person i was arguing with post got removed.

4. fallingchristian

Faith:
    Catholic
    Yeah I still dont have an answer for this question?

5. crosspointe

crosspointe New Member

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    No, I think the answer to your question is "no."

Sin is usually considered to be either a) an act you commit against God's will or b) something that you decide not to do in opposition to what you know to be right.

Something that happens to you while you are asleep is not a sin. You have little or no control over it!

You said that you think masterbaition is not a sin. Why do you think this?

6. repentant

repentant Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.

Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    It is not a sin per se, but it comes from sin. In another words your mind still has sinful thoughts, which in turn come in your sleep, causing you to have nightly emissions. Is it something that you have to worry about? Not really, but if you got rid of the lustful thoughts through daily prayer, it would most likely not happen. It means your mind is not totally focused yet, and still needs time to get rid of the subconscience thoughts in your mind.

7. chris414

chris414 Regular Member

Faith:
    Agnostic
    To reiterate the point, masturbation / emissions whether voluntarily or accidently are not wrong

8. Key

Key The Opener of Locks

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    It's Unclean. Wash yourself.

Read Leviticus 15. for a full understanding of this. Take note to Lev15:16

God Bless
    Key

9. FriarTuck

FriarTuck Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Lutheran
    First off not all nocturnal emissions are caused by "Sex" dreams. Nocturnal emissions are a way of your testicles releasing excess sperm. Your testicles are constantly making sperm and have three main ways of getting rid of the extra. Ejaculation from stimulation, Urination (yes some of your little guys can escape that way), and Nocturnal emissions. Because sperm have a fairly short expiration date and your body is constantly making more it's important to get rid of the excess.

As far as masturbation being a sin that's a whole other Post.

10. FriarTuck

FriarTuck Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Lutheran
    :thumbsup: and yes if you've had a nocturnal emission you should clean yourself.:thumbsup:

11. repentant

repentant Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.

Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    Read my post again..notice the word subconscience?

12. DaveS

DaveS Veteran

Faith:
    Anglican
    May I add to friar tuck's response that you can also 'get rid' of your sperm back into the body. When a sperm dies it can decompose and be absorbed into capillary's and cells, this is then abosrbed back into the body. This is done because sperm is very high in protein and therefore energy. This is also why the testicles (sorry about gory details) are often pinker than the rest of the body as there is much blood flowing there to fulfil this task.
    Nocturnal emissions occur when there is an overload (lol) which is often brought on by sexual thoughts (these release hormones that cause an increased rate of sperm production) and then often during puberty as there is obviously many hormones flying about then!
    Connected to this is the sexual thoughts often attributed with wet dreams. These are NOT bad as they are often used by the mind for stimulation to ejaculation as sometimes that is needed ~ it just comes with the hormone release really same as you start fancying girls with the onset of puberty.

Sorry if this has made you cringe!

Dave

13. Stonewall1

Stonewall1 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! I can't believe this is the first discussion I joined in here. Masturbation is sin. How may it be otherwise?

Nocturnal emissions are a bit harder for me to explain though. The older I get the less frequent they become. I can't relate most of the ones I remember to specific thoughts or dreams. It probably IS, as the brother said, related to the sin that is still resident in me. Thus, NEs are sinful in the same way that I was conceived in sin.

And let's don't be shy about this guys. Brothers should provide this kind of support for one another.

14. 12volt_man

12volt_man New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Wet dreams have nothing to do with lust and are not sinful.

It just means that your body is working the way God intended it to.

15. tomwhodson

tomwhodson New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    this is a good site that should help you

libchrist.com/sexed/masturbation.html

16. countrysuperman

countrysuperman New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    hey brother don't worry i asked my pastor this and he said you can't help it it is part of growing up for guys and not to worry about it - hope this helps you

17. beehoney

beehoney Pressing toward the mark

Faith:
    Christian
    Nocturnal emissions are a normal bodily function. They are not always associated with erotic dreams, and even if they are, one has no control over his dreams. I don't think you can sin in your dreams.

18. FriarTuck

FriarTuck Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Lutheran
    I've had plenty of sexual dreams over the years and I've never had an NE. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.

19. bertie

bertie New Member

Faith:
    Other-Religion
    NO NO NO wash up and go back to sleep.Its more common at your age than mine..gnight