Little shy, but is um... A wet dream a sin?

crosspointe

Apr 5, 2005
Knoxville, TN
✟305.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I think the answer to your question is "no."

Sin is usually considered to be either a) an act you commit against God's will or b) something that you decide not to do in opposition to what you know to be right.

Something that happens to you while you are asleep is not a sin. You have little or no control over it!

You said that you think masterbaition is not a sin. Why do you think this?

Upvote 0

repentant

Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.
Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is not a sin per se, but it comes from sin. In another words your mind still has sinful thoughts, which in turn come in your sleep, causing you to have nightly emissions. Is it something that you have to worry about? Not really, but if you got rid of the lustful thoughts through daily prayer, it would most likely not happen. It means your mind is not totally focused yet, and still needs time to get rid of the subconscience thoughts in your mind.

Upvote 0

chris414

Nov 9, 2005
✟15,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
http://www.thebelieversreference.za.net/articles/way_ahead/2.4.htm said:
It may come as a disappointment to some and as a relief to others to know that the Bible never deals with masturbation. There was a time when some churches taught that the sin of Onan, "who spilled his seed on the ground", was the biblical condemnation of masturbation. This passage (Genesis 38:4-10) is, in fact, condemning the use of a contraceptive method known as coitus interruptus to avoid providing an heir for his deceased brother and has nothing to do with masturbation.

To reiterate the point, masturbation / emissions whether voluntarily or accidently are not wrong

Upvote 0

Key

The Opener of Locks
Apr 10, 2004
Visit site
✟19,007.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
fallingchristian said:
Id hate to bring this up, But i was thinking about it.....

I have a question for guys (well mostly guys)

Isnt a wetdream a sin?

Like you think lustfully and then relase semon, How is that different from masterbaiting? (witch again i dont think is wrong)

It's Unclean. Wash yourself.

Read Leviticus 15. for a full understanding of this. Take note to Lev15:16

God Bless
Key

Upvote 0

FriarTuck

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2005
✟10,854.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
First off not all nocturnal emissions are caused by "Sex" dreams. Nocturnal emissions are a way of your testicles releasing excess sperm. Your testicles are constantly making sperm and have three main ways of getting rid of the extra. [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] from stimulation, Urination (yes some of your little guys can escape that way), and Nocturnal emissions. Because sperm have a fairly short expiration date and your body is constantly making more it's important to get rid of the excess.

As far as masturbation being a sin that's a whole other Post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

repentant

Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.
Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Blue Impulse said:
The answer to your questoin is definately "no", its not a sin, but I add: under *typical* circumstances (aka, the person isn't looking at inappropriate content, hooked on lustful thoughts, etc). Most boys and men have no control over this particular happening, and most people have zero control over their dreams. Unlike what a previous poster has said, many dreams are NOT based on your own thoughts. For me, I rarely dream about anything I've been thinking of during the day, my dreams are sporadic and unexplainable.

Having that kind of a dream and that kind of a bodily response is NOT your fault, don't let anyone try to convince you that it is. It is very normal and not something you should be concerned about.

It is different then masturbation because with masturbation you are making a conscious choice to do what you are doing. You can say "yes I'm going to do this" or "no I'm not going to do this". With a wet dream, its often not under a person's control, you don't get to choose.

Now, if you go to bed *thinking* of erotic-type thoughts and then have dreams about that which then result in this happening, then I'd say you are pushing the limits of what is an "accident" because when you do dwell on something, especially just before bed, the mind does have the ability to carry it on into dreams.

However, even in that instance, its the lust that becomes the sin, not the release, because when you are dreaming you don't have any conscious control over your body (I used to be a sleepwalker :p).

~ ~

Read my post again..notice the word subconscience?

Upvote 0

DaveS

Veteran
Jul 23, 2005
Swansea, Wales
✟9,486.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
May I add to friar tuck's response that you can also 'get rid' of your sperm back into the body. When a sperm dies it can decompose and be absorbed into capillary's and cells, this is then abosrbed back into the body. This is done because sperm is very high in protein and therefore energy. This is also why the testicles (sorry about gory details) are often pinker than the rest of the body as there is much blood flowing there to fulfil this task.
Nocturnal emissions occur when there is an overload (lol) which is often brought on by sexual thoughts (these release hormones that cause an increased rate of sperm production) and then often during puberty as there is obviously many hormones flying about then!
Connected to this is the sexual thoughts often attributed with wet dreams. These are NOT bad as they are often used by the mind for stimulation to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] as sometimes that is needed ~ it just comes with the hormone release really same as you start fancying girls with the onset of puberty.

Sorry if this has made you cringe!

Dave

Upvote 0

Stonewall1

Dec 3, 2005
Texas
✟7,614.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow! I can't believe this is the first discussion I joined in here. Masturbation is sin. How may it be otherwise?

Nocturnal emissions are a bit harder for me to explain though. The older I get the less frequent they become. I can't relate most of the ones I remember to specific thoughts or dreams. It probably IS, as the brother said, related to the sin that is still resident in me. Thus, NEs are sinful in the same way that I was conceived in sin.

And let's don't be shy about this guys. Brothers should provide this kind of support for one another.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
fallingchristian said:
Id hate to bring this up, But i was thinking about it.....

I have a question for guys (well mostly guys)

Isnt a wetdream a sin?

Like you think lustfully and then relase semon, How is that different from masterbaiting? (witch again i dont think is wrong)

Wet dreams have nothing to do with lust and are not sinful.

It just means that your body is working the way God intended it to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.