Listening to "Christian Music" when you are not sure of your salvation

TMM99

Nov 3, 2014
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
They call it 'crossover' music in the industry. It is when Christian music is created to be aimed towards the general public with the aim of reaching out to more listeners. Skillet are best known for it. Hazardous? I guess that depends on the listener and what they do with their future. I don't think it is a negative thing, it's a good starting point :)

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I just recall a few times putting on christian groups to listen to but not really understanding them at all when much younger, and sometimes people saying not to listen to it. What I mean is I thought listening to it might make me a christian. I felt pulled to a point (going back years) I think people hear some christian songs providentially and are not sure what's happened. Other times folks grow up in a christian background and listen to the music but are not aware of making any conscious decision to turn to or trust Christ. I used to find some Petra songs difficult to understand, I probably wasn't hearing the lyrics clearly enough.

Upvote 0