Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does anyone use linkedin or is it just a waste of time?
Or maybe I just don't know how to use it. I'm just annoyed that people who don't even really know me keep endorsing me for skills that I don't really have or use anymore. lol. I means sure I do research, but so what. I do other things as well.

They never endorse me for having the fruits of the holy spirit for example.

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That much information publicly available? Nooooooooooooo thank you :)

Very much agreed.

I mean, networking is fine, but like the above stated to the point where practically you're whole life is publicly in view? Um... no thanks. I was legacy enough in Elementary school and then going to highschool I had people asking me if I was so-and-so... and they were correct! Scary!!!
:freeze:

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That much information publicly available? Nooooooooooooo thank you :)
I don't see how that's a bad thing in the case of the professional world. Every piece of information on my profile is something that would make me attractive to employers and can't be used for much else. I can get the same personal history of any one of my professors just by going on my university's website, for example. It's just a public CV. It's not like it includes my DOB or SSN.
I just trying to figure out how to delete it cos they keep sending me rubbish im not interested in.
You can alter your email preferences by hovering over your picture in the upper right and clicking Privacy & Settings. :) Go to the Communications tab and click Email Frequency to see the options.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
meh can't be bothered, I signed out and I can't remember my password anyway. I think I forgot to sign out thats why they keep sending me stuff.
And its not true that they don't ask you DOB they do and then I started getting birthday emails from them and other random people I never see.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,842.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Only useful for stalking people - hence a reason not to put your details on it :ahah:

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I have found it to be one of the easier ways to find out more about someone. All you need to know is their first name, their job, and where they live, and there's a good chance their LinkedIn profile will come up if they have one. That gives you their full name, which more information that can be used for stalking purposes.

I don't have a LinkedIn profile, not out of any privacy concerns, but just because I've never had a need for one. If I were looking for a job then I probably would sign up, but I'm happy where I am and have no desire to change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well thats the whole point of it so people can find you and what you do etc.
But I wouldn't call job hunting 'stalking' its called networking for opportunities.

But if you wanted to call it stalking I suppose thats your mindset. I don't find anything romantic about linkedin.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
? What did the stalker do James of Arc?
I dont think I've been stalked. I mean just looking at someone's profile on linkedin doesn't mean you are stalker. If its contact info you worried about, then don't put it in but the whole point of linkedin is so people can contact you I would think. For professional reasons, its not a dating site.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
ooooh.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Well, I know a friend who had some issues with her husbands ex and she felt like she was being attacked or stalked or just getting the evils but she just trusted in the Lord also He kept reminding her about the shield of faith. Ephesians 6:16

I suppose you can think of it like a firewall or as some people call it a hedge of protection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thats weird sounds like she still cares in a weird way about you or whether its just to check her sons dad is still around. I dont know what you and her had together (apart from your son) but obviously that bond is still there.

I think it be pretty hard to live separate lives if you still in the same town and see the same circle of friends, and also if your son is in the middle of it all. Thats why in the bible there are cities of refuge people could go if they had done something wrong and could rebuild their lives without hassle.

I do know some ppl get restraining orders if they been through a nasty split.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im just thinking of the people I know who've been through separations, well, they dont even talk to their exes, its that bad, so I dont know how they even communicate with things regarding their childrens welfare.

I think thats really sad. Some of them cant even name their exes who are the father of their children. If she cant even say how are you and has to resort to stalking to know if you are alive, well, thats pretty dire.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh Ok in that case, your mum could legally adopt your son couldnt she?
Sorry but if his birth mother had no part in raising him, shes effectively abandoned him.

I know your son is now grown but that might make things safer from a legal standpoint. I know after someone is 18 they are adult and no longer dependent so much on parents but just to make it official?

Otherwise she may claim all sorts of things if your son acquires property or whatever.

Upvote 0