Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In another thread, -57 explained to me that life and its building blocks are way too complicated to have evolved. I don't understand why that is so. As this was off topic on that thread, -57 offered to come to this thread and explain why this is so. I look forward to hearing his explanation.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In another thread, -57 explained to me that life and its building blocks are way too complicated to have evolved. I don't understand why that is so. As this was off topic on that thread, -57 offered to come to this thread and explain why this is so. I look forward to hearing his explanation.
As one person put it, the chances of life evolving on its own are like covering the state of Texas two feet deep in silver dollars, then picking a specific one at random.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Atoms make molecules.
Molecules bond together to make amino acids.
Amino acids then chain together and form proteins.
Proteins fold in precise manners and join with other proteins to create specialized structures known as organelle within a cell.
The instructions that allow this to happen is contained within the code of DNA.

Organelle such as what is pictured below are to complicated to have arrived through a process of evolution.

motorprotein.jpg

In the picture the motor protein is carrying a lipid and walking across a microtubule. You can see it in action in the following 22 second video.

Moments before the motor protein walked across the microtubule, the microtubule wasn't there.
The microtubule grows between point "A" and point "B" which allows the motor protein to travel from point A to point B.

This 21 second video shows this process.

For this process to happen a pretty complicated chemical reactions occurs. You can see a quick 2 min animation of the process in the video below.

The process presented above is to sophisticated and complicated to have arrived by a process containing random chance and natural selection.

It strongly suggest their was a designer who coded the DNA to allow the process to happen.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Common sense..or can you demonstrate otherwise?

That's not common sense. That's an argument from incredulity. Just because YOU cannot accept it, doesn't mean that you are right.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not common sense. That's an argument from incredulity. Just because YOU cannot accept it, doesn't mean that you are right.

One could easily argue that your "theory" is an argument from "incredulity". You see, you can't even begin to explain how the DNA codes for it...but you know it did it with out God. Right?

I understand the cow can't jump over the moon. You would argue that it can.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Common sense..or can you demonstrate otherwise?
"Common sense" the cry of all those who really mean "don't ask me to defend my claim, just agree with me!"

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
One could easily argue that your "theory" is an argument from "incredulity". You see, you can't even begin to explain how the DNA codes for it...but you know it did it with out God. Right?

I understand the cow can't jump over the moon. You would argue that it can.

You haven't even shown that DNA can't come about. You just said "it's impossible" and gave nothing in response.
And for the record, I do believe that God created DNA. The actual evidence given by actual scientists who have studied His actual creation shows this.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Common sense" the cry of all those who really mean "don't ask me to defend my claim, just agree with me!"

I've already presented my claim. Complexity. Do you have an example of ANYTHING that can acheive such complexity without some maker?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You haven't even shown that DNA can't come about. You just said "it's impossible" and gave nothing in response.
And for the record, I do believe that God created DNA. The actual evidence given by actual scientists who have studied His actual creation shows this.

Post 3 was a little bit more than "nothing".
Now, I was going to go a bit deeper, but I tried to keep it as simple as possible. For example we could go deeper by asking, how does the microtubule know where point "A" is and where point "B" is? What tells it to construct and then deconstruct after the motor protein walks over it? Do you realize just how complicated the code to construct the signaling for that to occur must be?
Then I'm asked to believe that it came about via a process of mutations, random chance and natural selection?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Now, I was going to go a bit deeper, but I tried to keep it as simple as possible. For example we could go deeper by asking, how does the microtubule know where point "A" is and where point "B" is? What tells it to construct and then deconstruct after the motor protein walks over it? Do you realize just how complicated the code to construct the signaling for that to occur must be?
Then I'm asked to believe that it came about via a process of mutations, random chance and natural selection?

Just because you lack an imagination in how powerful and thorough God can be in His creation, doesn't mean He does.
You're trying to pigeonhole God in to your own little bubble that fits your own preconceived notions of what God can do. Nothing more.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just because you lack an imagination in how powerful and thorough God can be in His creation, doesn't mean He does.
You're trying to pigeonhole God in to your own little bubble that fits your own preconceived notions of what God can do. Nothing more.
I'm not trying to pigenhole God into any bubble. All of my "preconceived notions" come from the account presented in the bible.
Then again I could argue that it is YOU who lack an imagination in how powerful and thorough God can be in His creation....and believe He did it just the way He said He did it.

Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not trying to pigenhole God into any bubble. All of my "preconceived notions" come from the account presented in the bible.
Then again I could argue that it is YOU who lack an imagination in how powerful and thorough God can be in His creation....and believe He did it just the way He said He did it.

A Bible that was written over 2000 years ago by men who knew absolutely nothing about science and God's whole creation. A Bible that says absolutely nothing about things like DNA and biology.
Nothing in the Bible is what God said. It's about what men said God said.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I'm not sure how a non-living thing like a "building block of life" can evolve.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A Bible that was written over 2000 years ago by men who knew absolutely nothing about science and God's whole creation. A Bible that says absolutely nothing about things like DNA and biology.
Nothing in the Bible is what God said. It's about what men said God said.

Despite that, I find it amazing how it has stood the test of time.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Despite that, I find it amazing how it has stood the test of time.

The Bible has not stood the test of time when it comes to scientific knowledge.
It says that bats are birds, that insects have four legs, that you can striped goats by showing goats a striped stick, that the world's tallest mountain was covered by a height of 15 cubits of water, all of which have shown to be wrong.
That shows that it was written by men, not God.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What tells it to construct and then deconstruct after the motor protein walks over it? Do you realize just how complicated the code to construct the signaling for that to occur must be?
How would something like that evolve? Very slowly. Why exactly could this code not have evolved over millions of years?

Upvote 0