Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MODESTO, October 13 /Christian Newswire/-- In a violent display of intolerance, an opponent of Proposition 8 attacked and seriously injured a Catholic parishioner who was volunteering on Sunday for the initiative to define marriage as between and a man and a woman.
http://www.calcatholic.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?id=5477a37a-561a-488a-875b-35a385186839

We've seen this before. They call themselves tolerant while using Brownshirt tactics. They get their instructions straight from Mao's Red Book.

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Passivity is fatal to us. Our goal is to make the enemy passive.
Mao Tse-Tung

I think they have been largely successful by making us feel guilty for our beliefs. It is time to stand up boldly and proclaim the truth. The only guilt we aquire is by remaining silent.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eph 6:10 –Eph 6:12 NKJV
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

There is much inconsistency in their politics. Still, they're our neighbors and, well, you know what we're to do with neighbors ;)

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eph 6:10 –Eph 6:12 NKJV
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

There is much inconsistency in their politics. Still, they're our neighbors and, well, you know what we're to do with neighbors ;)
They are not our neighbors, they are the enemy, the ones hostile to what we believe.

Nevertheless, he tells us what to do with them also. However, I don't think that this means to remain cowed and submissively acceding to their demands.

To remain silent is to have lost our saltiness. The light will have grown dim.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are not our neighbors, they are the enemy, the ones hostile to what we believe.

Nevertheless, he tells us what to do with them also. However, I don't think that this means to remain cowed and submissively acceding to their demands.

Mt 5:43 –Mt 5:48 NKJV
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Hey guess it works out about the same~neighbors and enemies-have to love, do good and pray for them...kind of makes things easier~we treat them all the same....just like that rainfall:)

Reactions: GreenMunchkin
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
MODESTO, October 13 /Christian Newswire/-- In a violent display of intolerance, an opponent of Proposition 8 attacked and seriously injured a Catholic parishioner who was volunteering on Sunday for the initiative to define marriage as between and a man and a woman.
http://www.calcatholic.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?id=5477a37a-561a-488a-875b-35a385186839

We've seen this before. They call themselves tolerant while using Brownshirt tactics. They get their instructions straight from Mao's Red Book.

It is perhaps important to make a distinction between liberal and leftists here. Those with liberal tendancies by and large are more willing to be tolerant. In the last thirty years however, the political arena has become radicalized by the far left who are willing to resort to any kind of tactics to achieve power. The liberal voice has become drowned out.

The far left seizing the political agenda can be seen on the campuses with aso many conservative guest speakers often having their speeches drowned out by the jeers and the animosity of the radical left. It can be seen in the Obama campaign where there was every attempt made to shut down Stanley Kurtz fro speaking on WGN extension 720. It can be seen in the very language that the left uses, where it has become all about personal smears against such people as ' Joe the plumber" or smearing people with labels of 'racist' and 'homophobe' rather than dealing with any authentic arguments.

The call for acceptance of diversity of people has been an accomplishment of liberals that conservatives have now by and large come to accept. Diversity of opinion on the other hand is now a conservative virtue that the radicalized left is more and more wiling to shout down and shut down at any cost.

This is not liberalism however. It is a betrayal of liberal values by a left that is becoming evermore fascist in both outlook and methodology.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Hey guess it works out about the same~neighbors and enemies-have to love, do good and pray for them...kind of makes things easier~we treat them all the same....just like that rainfall:)

It is important though that we also know who our enemy is and fully understand the Satanic spirit that is animating them.

The purpose of loving our enemy is not to acquiesce to their evil, but to in effect 'pour coals upon their head'. Loving one's enemy is part of the spiritual warfare that we are being called to.

To love one's enemy is to not desire or rejoice in their continuance on the path that they are on to their own perdition. To love one's enemy is to work toward their repentance and ultimate salvation. the important distinction here is that even as we are loving and praying and doing good for our enemy on a personal level, we yet recognize that they are our enemies and not our friends. Loving one's enemy is not the same as pretending that they are just like our friends, and that the evil that they do is the same as the good of our friends.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is important though that we also know who our enemy is and fully understand the Satanic spirit that is animating them.

The purpose of loving our enemy is not to acquiesce to their evil, but to in effect 'pour coals upon their head'. Loving one's enemy is part of the spiritual warfare that we are being called to.

To love one's enemy is to not desire or rejoice in their continuance on the path that they are on to their own perdition. To love one's enemy is to work toward their repentance and ultimate salvation. the important distinction here is that even as we are loving and praying and doing good for our enemy on a personal level, we yet recognize that they are our enemies and not our friends. Loving one's enemy is not the same as pretending that they are just like our friends, and that the evil that they do is the same as the good of our friends.

Loving one's enemies is simply that-loving. It isn't anything else that what Jesus said. You can spin it into something that becomes just lip service and not love at all, but then it wouldn't be what the text simply says, would it?

It is more fun to have enemies we can hate and plot and plan against; to put a face on that which we despise. But that isn't what we are called to be nor do.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Dennis Prager makes the point that it is not important just to have the truth, but one must also proclaim the truth, and even package the truth in a way that it becomes more attractive than the lies of our enemies.

We are called to evangelization as well. Our submission is to God and God's truth. If we submit to our enemy and our enemies definition, we are no longer submitting to God and God's truth.

We cannot serve two masters.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dennis Prager makes the point that it is not important just to have the truth, but one must also proclaim the truth, and even package the truth in a way that it becomes more attractive than the lies of our enemies.

We are called to evangelization as well. Our submission is to God and God's truth. If we submit to our enemy and our enemies definition, we are no longer submitting to God and God's truth.

We cannot serve two masters.

Yup, and loving our neighbors and enemies along the way. What makes you think loving means allowing anything? In loving my children they are disciplined and corrected along the way. We submit nothing in loving our enemies and neighbors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Mr. Jim,

When you quote Our Lord here:
you remind us how far we have to go before we can walk in His way.

Some of the younger generation of Copts complain that we do not react to violence with violence; we cite this passage to them.

Of course, liberals, being the same species of sinner, as ourselves, fall short. It is, alas, all too easy to mock their pretensions to tolerance, when we know that many only tolerate what they approve of; we can all tolerate that; we can all love those who are like us, or who like us; that, as Christ reminds us, is not the test before us.

'Progressive'? Sometimes one despairs when one sees the crimes committed in the service of that idea; but then we know crimes have been committed ostensibly in the service of Christ Himself.

Liberals are just God's way of testing how far we really can love those who hate us;)

peace,

Anglian

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The attitude of some Christians on here irk me. So if a proponent against traditional marriage were to attack me, I should let him/her pummel me as an act of love.. I don't think so.

I'm just quoting the Word~~take it up with the author^_^

Reactions: GreenMunchkin
Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I'm just quoting the Word~~take it up with the author^_^

No, you've taken everything out of context. By your logic I should just stand by and let an attacker have his way in my Home. By your logic what Police Officers do is wrong.

Upvote 0

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The attitude of some Christians on here irk me. So if a proponent against traditional marriage were to attack me, I should let him/her pummel me as an act of love.. I don't think so.

:)Do you mean like this chap here:

5:38
You have heard that it was said, `An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
5:39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
5:40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
5:41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
5:42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
5:43 You have heard that it was said, `You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. Matt. 5:38-45
He irked people so much that they decided to crucify Him, and when His friend used force to resist, the guy stopped Him and healed the wounded soldier; can you believe that? V. irksome that Christ chap.

peace,

Anglian

Reactions: porterross
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GQ Chris

Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

He irked people so much that they decided to crucify Him, and when His friend used force to resist, the guy stopped Him and healed the wounded soldier; can you believe that? V. irksome that Christ chap.

peace,

Anglian

Yeah, you've taken the cheek passage out of context too.:wave:

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

peace,

Anglian
However, he cannot be accused of remaining submissively quiet in the face of his enemies. That is what we are guilty of and why things are in the state they are in.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you've taken everything out of context. By your logic I should just stand by and let an attacker have his way in my Home.

Context~you've turned this into a violence issue and that's not what the OP is talking about.

Context~~some of you want Jesus's words to simply be some kind of playdough that can be shaped into whatever~and then charge liberals of doing the same thing~that's called hypocrisy.

I admit I'm a hypocrite~I've got a loaded gun 3' away from me. It is not the Way, I recognize it as lack of faith and trust in God, my sin to deal with. But I'll not mold (hey, I thought that's what liberals do) scripture to justify it.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Context~you've turned this into a violence issue and that's not what the OP is talking about.

Context~~some of you want Jesus's words to simply be some kind of playdough that can be shaped into whatever~and then charge liberals of doing the same thing~that's called hypocrisy.

I admit I'm a hypocrite~I've got a loaded gun 3' away from me. It is not the Way, I recognize it as lack of faith and trust in God, my sin to deal with. But I'll not mold (hey, I thought that's what liberals do) scripture to justify it.

Jimmy boy, I am not molding anything. I am just simply saying Self defense is not Wrong.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

peace,

Anglian

Jesus is the Lamb of God, sent to redeem us from sins. His crucifixion was a part of that mission of redemption through taking the place of the Passover lamb.

It is important to let God be God, and not try to somehow make ourselves into clones of Jesus's biography at a specific time and place for a specific purpose.

Jesus was God. We are not.

Upvote 0