Not open for further replies.

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, dear me, I did nOT say they weren't a Jew. I simply said they weren't religious, so I don't care about their opinions.
Why does Synagogue attendance constitute being religious? Maybe they worship or practice in other ways. I have a co-worker who is a devout Christian, and even follows the Sabbath (he spends it devoting the entire period to Bible study and things directed towards God), and he doesn't attend Church. Yet he lives more like a Christian than most who claim to go to Church every week.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Why does Synagogue attendance constitute being religious? Maybe they worship or practice in other ways. I have a co-worker who is a devout Christian, and even follows the Sabbath (he spends it devoting the entire period to Bible study and things directed towards God), and he doesn't attend Church. Yet he lives more like a Christian than most who claim to go to Church every week.
It's simply one of the standards I use, because it shows involvement in a religious community. What you are describing is what I would call "spiritual."

Upvote 0

sickntired771

Dec 11, 2014
✟15,989.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Please, let this not be an argument on liberal versus conservative on this thread. I simply invite those with a liberal viewpoint, philosophy, mindset to chat here. I am not defining what that means because it can vary and be different per individual.

I agree with the comment that Jews are very keen on social justice and Tikkun Olam for two reasons, one the scripture commands it, and two we have been a persecuted people throughout history and we have been more sensitive to the oppression of other groups.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
It's simply one of the standards I use, because it shows involvement in a religious community. What you are describing is what I would call "spiritual."
But involvement in a religious community doesn't make someone a good person or their beliefs accurate.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
But involvement in a religious community doesn't make someone a good person or their beliefs accurate.
Of course. I never said it did. I simply said they are more religious, and that is whose opinions I'm interested in.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to create a thread for those of us who identify as liberal followers of Yeshua. This isn't to create a divide, we are all one in the body of Messiah but many Messianics do trend conservative politically and I wanted to converse among friends who espouse a more progressive view. God bless!

Me: Politically moderate-left and mixed economy advocate, and ethically high-conservative.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, me too. But I understand it, though. 2000 years of persecution in the name of Jesus will do it to you.

Open H, many amongst the religious Jews have always hated Messianics. The 2000 years of persecution is basically just the latest useful excuse. It's always really just been about religious power.

Joh 12:9-11 "When the large crowd of the Jews learned that Jesus was there, they came, not only on account of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well,
because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and believing in Jesus."

(PS- this text also demolishes the false idea that the Jerusalem Council told Gentiles to go to the Rabbinic shuls to learn from them)

Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This thread has undergone a clean-up and will stay closed.

Please remember these rules:

No flaming/goading/making debates personal - stick to the topic and not personally
Stick to the original topic at hand
Mind the SOP of the sub-forum - Homosexuality and SSM may not be discussed here.

A link to the site rules

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.