Levitical Diet

freeman007

Mar 18, 2005
✟7,738.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I have studied hebrewic roots some and am seeing the value of celebrating the biblical feast days as opposed to christianized holidays borrowed from paganism.

I have studied some on the levitical/levitican diet. It isn't easy to find a whole lot of information. Through thoughtful reflection on the issue I know that this dietary lifestyle is the path that God is leading me down. This is going to be rough for me as self discipline has always been a challenge.

From what I have been able to gather so far it is cutting out the unclean meat categories and trying to eat everything else as whole and natural as possible. Basically eating things as God originally designed them and not how man thought they would be better. Avoiding artificial substances and chemical mixtures and avoiding stuff processed and refined more then necessary. I think also sprouting grains for making breads and noodles. I know genetically modified crops are out which is in almost everything now days.

I was hoping that in this section of the board I would be able to find some more helpful guidelines and suggestions on how to best follow this diet I am being led to. I know it is going to require a lot of scratch preparation and cooking. I would just like people more familiar with it to help me with information needed to start down this path.

One of the reasons for wanting this diet is greater spiritual sensitivity. I know that the human is body, soul and spirit and a lot of what is in modern food interferes with the soul and spirits receptivity to communication with God and spiritual experience and the purer the diet the easier soul and spirit can access the super natural. I have done some research and I know it is controversial but in the cultures where food is highly processed and refined with a lot of artificial man made stuff in it people tend not to experience the supernatural a lot and it is where diets are purer and more simple with a minimum of processing or anything artificial people tend to me more intune so to speak.

Yes God can break through any barrier. But there are a lot of suggestions and guidelines for the best diet for mankind and when the human physical body is in step with this more the soul and spirit are freer and more able to flow and fuction properly. This greater sensitivity that comes with a purer and more natural diet I feel is what makes the levitical diet very worth pursuing. It is like during a fasting time when the body has nothing bad coming in soul and spirit function better. Levitical diet keeps the bad out on an on going basis.

M

MessianicMommy

Well, I commend you on this journey you're being led on, and that you've come to us to ask for information and support!

I would recommend Hope Egan's "Holy cow! Does G-d really care about what we eat?" and if you can get a copy of the 4 volume "It is often said " by Tim Hegg.

Then go from there *slowly* and learn about Kashrut. Not all Messianics (Jewish or Gentile) keep a form of Kosher. This is all "fine and dandy" and I'm not about to criticize them because I don't know their walk or if they've been discipled or even know about keeping kosher.

I won't go into all the details of what we do, but I would suggest babysteps and being open to whatever you feel G-d is leading you towards. Ask questions, find out how to do it, and don't be afraid of anyone who tries to criticize or bad-mouth you for your choice behind your back. It is truly a very personal decision.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
God will bless you with better health because of these kinds of choices you are making in your diet... GO will God and be blessed. There are a great many good nutritious culinary delights awaiting you as your cooking skills and knowledge grows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jordan Rubin's books I think are what you are looking for.

The Maker's Diet

The Great Physician's Rx for Health and Wellness

Both of these you can have a look inside at Amazon by clicking on the link. I don't promote any of his supplements or the like but you may find some info you are looking for in these books. He has written many more but I have these two, one which I got directly from him.

Upvote 0

INTJ-F

May 14, 2011
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟9,300.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Also may I recommend you start with the Acts 15 'diet'?
What is that? Fill me in.

Acts 15 is misinterpreted by mainstream christians in order to disobey Torah. it's one of the passages they use to justify violating Shabbat and Kashrut.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What is that? Fill me in.

Acts 15:20

abstain from pollutions of idols,
and
from fornication,
and
from things strangled,
and
from blood.

Believe it or not all these have to do with eating as well as other things.

Any meat you eat should be Kosher certified. It doesn't matter if it's organic or not, organic can still be 'strangled' and contain the blood. As well as other things that you wouldn't even suspect that can contain blood.

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
We eat clean meat, but it isnt Kosher, because we cant buy Kosher meat where we live (there isnt a big enough Jewish community). Although we currently mix meat and milk, I have found that over time they have become less mixed - I prayed about this very hard and felt, and still do feel that it was too much of a burden on us - like Yeshua said his burden is not heavy, and it doesnt mean that we wont in the future, just not at this minute in time.

Messianicmomy got it right when she said, do as much as you feel able and dont let anyone criticise you for what you do or dont do. Just do what you can, and with a clean conscience.

We've had some very interesting conversations with our Christian and non-Christian friends about why we dont eat pork etc, so be ready to be challenged by others as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums