Let us not judge the people of other religions.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:amen:

I agree wholeheartedly. I believe that we can co-exist together, as long as we show respect and love. We can allow people to practice their faith, just as we are allowed to practice ours, without believing in their beliefs.
we are not called to judge them
but we are called to tell them the Truth.

the Lord Jesus is that truth

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dragongunner, are you saying that God will reward the two people who chose to ignore the injured man? If so, I strongly feel that you have misunderstood the parable of the good Samaritan.

To me the parable is clear. Just because we subscribe to Christianity doesn't mean that we are automatically saved, and just because we are NOT Christians doesn't mean that we can't be saved. Salvation depends on the person's sincerity, that's what I believe. I also believe that Jesus is the way, in that Jesus SHOWED us the way to live. Is it so hard to imagine that people of all different faiths can live the way that Jesus showed us to (i.e. by helping others, giving to the poor, speaking out against greed, etc)?

Will the 2 people who ignored the injured man be rewarded....I will say again what the scriptures say. I think your thinking that reward is always a good thing, and I'm not saying that their reward will be a good thing, thanks for asking, hope this clarifies.

The scriptures are found in Romans 2:6-11

Somes texts use "reward" others like KJV use "render". "Who will render to every man according to his deeds."

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Reward...but lets not say that reward for helping someone is salvation.

What kind of reward are you imagining, besides salvation? "Here ya go, 'person who showed love despite having bad theology'; it's a bowl of ice cream. All done? Great, off to hell you go, faantaastic".

Something like that? What's the point? Is that consistent with what Jesus said?

In the parable of the sheep and goats, (Matthew 25) the sheep were rewarded with eternal life, because they showed love. But notice that they are surprised at the reward. They didn't even realize they were helping God when they showed love to others. They ask, "when did we help you, Lord"?

God is not stupid. He is looking for more than a label or fancy speech. That's why he said, "Why do you call me Lord, but do not obey me". Christians are the people who refer to Jesus as "Lord" and Jesus is asking those same Christians why they use the title, but do not obey him.

If a Hindu or Muslim shows love to his neighbor, then he IS following Jesus, whether he realizes it or not. That's the lesson from the parable of the sheep and Goats. This is because showing love is the way of Jesus.

God is the source of all love. If someone is exercising love, then they must be tuning in to God's spirit. Otherwise, you must admit there is some other source of love out there. Don't do that. Don't take away from God's monopoly.

Don't give credit to false God's by saying the Hindu shows love in the name of those false Gods. And be careful not to dismiss the Hindu's love as fake, because Jesus himself did not do that. When he saw real love, he commended it, even if the person had other problems in his life.

True, people really should stop worshiping false Gods, but that's between the individual and God. Love forgives a multitude of sins and God will decide who he gives his salvation to. He said more than enough to indicate there will be some biiiig surprises, and based on some of what I've seen on this thread so far, Christians are going to be some of the most surprised of all when they find themselves cast out and people from other religions walking in. (Luke 13:23-30)

Wrong theology is not so hard to correct as a stubborn heart which refuses to obey. At least the Hindu who shows love is doing what Jesus said to do, which is more than we can say for the Christian and Church goer who passed by on the side, ignoring the man who needed help.

Upvote 0