Let us not judge the people of other religions.

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yup.....you can be any religion and be very, VERY good person....but if you haven't repented and been washed in the blood of the lamb......? Personally I don't worry about judging other religions, they are already lost...what I'm concerned with is those who say they are in Christ and think other beliefs that are anti-christ will be saved, that is a lack of maturity at the least...Other religions do not make Christ their Lord, they have something else there in its place, thats why their not christians......

Was "repentance and blood washing" part of the parable of the Good Samaritan? No, it wasn't. I think this is a good idea of how religious jargon works to undermine Jesus' Kingdom of love and sincerity.

Repentence is necessary, yes. Being "washed in the blood" is a good thing. But why didn't Jesus mention that when describing and commending the actions of the Good Samaritan? Why did he leave that part out?

Probably because he wanted to make a point that God is concerned about our behavior, not our religious jargon or rituals. Someone who shows love to his neighbor IS repenting of hate toward his neighbor. Someone who is applying Jesus' lessons about loving our neighbor IS being washed in the blood of the lamb, whether that's what they call it or not. Those labels don't matter to God. He looks at the heart.

We could also call it the parable of the good prostitute, or the parable of the Good Muslim and the lesson would still be the same.

Hard-hearted legalism will always fall back on theological statements for protection whereas sincere seekers will look for the lesson and try to apply it to life around them.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Was "repentance and blood washing" part of the parable of the Good Samaritan? No, it wasn't. I think this is a good idea of how religious jargon works to undermine Jesus' Kingdom of love and sincerity.

Repentence is necessary, yes. Being "washed in the blood" is a good thing. But why didn't Jesus mention that when describing and commending the actions of the Good Samaritan? Why did he leave that part out?

Probably because he wanted to make a point that God is concerned about our behavior, not our religious jargon or rituals. Someone who shows love to his neighbor IS repenting of hate toward his neighbor. Someone who is applying Jesus' lessons about loving our neighbor IS being washed in the blood of the lamb, whether that's what they call it or not. Those labels don't matter to God. He looks at the heart.

We could also call it the parable of the good prostitute, or the parable of the Good Muslim and the lesson would still be the same.

Hard-hearted legalism will always fall back on theological statements for protection whereas sincere seekers will look for the lesson and try to apply it to life around them.

Agree....we are to love our neighbor no matter who they are....so whats your beef....?

Upvote 0

Ruthie24

Apr 15, 2014
USA
✟8,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem that I have with this is that if we are to live in integrity with God we have to be accountable to ourselves and others. But God expects us most of all to be personally accountable to him. However I have a real issue when it comes to social justice as i see religions as a major failure in serving humanity. Christ said to love one another as ourselves as we love God. So i kinda think it's our duty to hold one another accountable even ourselves.

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Agree....we are to love our neighbor no matter who they are....so whats your beef....?

I don't have any beef; just questioning your comments about sincerity. You made it sound as though the lesson in the parable of the Good Samaritan is more complicated than Jesus intended, by suggesting that the lesson is about claiming to be washed in the blood or some other theologically correct statement.

If a Hindu loves his neighbor, like what the Samaritan did will God reward him or punish him? What do you think?

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nope..hes not.he must. Believe in his heart and confess Jesus as Lord.
To do so he cannot have two lords.-Jesus

Hi Michael. You quoted Matthew 6:24, suggesting that we cannot have two masters. I thank you for brining this issue up because it IS an important teaching.

However, I think you are misapplying that particular verse in this situation. Jesus said that one of the masters is God. But he did not say the other master is "God's of another religion" or the devil.

He said the other master is money. Read the full context in verses 19-34.

He said we cannot spend our time working for God and money at the same time without cheating on one or the other. He said we should not let worry about food and clothing stop us from stepping out in faith the way he and his followers did.

He said we should consider the birds and flowers, specifically because they do not work for money, and yet God takes care of them. He said all the pagans of the world chase after money, but we should not be like them.

Our new job is to work for love full time, by serving one another and preaching the gospel.

This is consistent with the Lord's prayer, too, where he says "thy will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven".

In Heaven, we do not work for wages. We do not force people to pay us for our help. We work for love. That is the way God wants it for us here on Earth, too.

Money becomes a master when we work to get more of it, especially when we believe we will die without it.

Every time we force someone to pay us for our help, we are cheating on God's Heavenly system love. Every time we help someone out of love, we are cheating on the worldly system of wages. We cannot work for both at the same time without cheating on one or the other.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't have any beef; just questioning your comments about sincerity. You made it sound as though the lesson in the parable of the Good Samaritan is more complicated than Jesus intended, by suggesting that the lesson is about claiming to be washed in the blood or some other theologically correct statement.

If a Hindu loves his neighbor, like what the Samaritan did will God reward him or punish him? What do you think?

Thats because you made it sound like the Hindu would go and be in Heaven for his actions. If the Hindu tries to enter into Heaven through any other door other than Christ he is a thief and robber, good works or not. God will reward all men their reward for what they have done in their body, whether it be good or evil, and with God there is no respect of persons.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Thats because you made it sound like the Hindu would go and be in Heaven for his actions. If the Hindu tries to enter into Heaven through any other door other than Christ he is a thief and robber, good works or not. God will reward all men their reward for what they have done in their body, whether it be good or evil, and with God there is no respect of persons.

but say for arguments sake hes never heard of christianity

Upvote 0

RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Jesus said, "I am the way.....no one comes to the Father except through me." He didn't say, "Christianity is the way.....no one comes to the Father except through Christianity." Jesus showed us the path to the Father. The Way to the place where he's going. "My Father’s house has many rooms" he said. If a Hindu walks the path of Jesus without knowing about Jesus, is he going to the Father?

Upvote 0

Ruthie24

Apr 15, 2014
USA
✟8,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
They are more righteous than we are. They are more faithful to their God.

We are crippled. We continuously need to boldly come to our Lord Jesus Christ to obtain mercy & grace.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. Thanks be to Jesus for his everlasting love & compassion & longsuffering toward us.

People should be judged on their actions, not what religion they are.

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thats because you made it sound like the Hindu would go and be in Heaven for his actions.

I didn't "make it sound like" anything. I presented evidence. Read the parable of the Good Samaritan again. But this time, instead of Samaritan, use the word "Hindu" or "Muslim" or "prostitute" or "crack addict" etc...

And in place of "Levite" or "priest", as used in the story, replace those with "Christian" and "church goer".

At the end of the parable, ask yourself if God will punish or reward these people. That's the answer I'm looking for. Will he punish or reward?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't "make it sound like" anything. I presented evidence. Read the parable of the Good Samaritan again. But this time, instead of Samaritan, use the word "Hindu" or "Muslim" or "prostitute" or "crack addict" etc...

And in place of "Levite" or "priest", as used in the story, replace those with "Christian" and "church goer".

At the end of the parable, ask yourself if God will punish or reward these people. That's the answer I'm looking for. Will he punish or reward?

Reward...but lets not say that reward for helping someone is salvation. And lets not make a Samaritan a hindu, budist or anything else. The Samaritans of Jesus time believed in the same God as the Jews, the woman at the well even believed that Messiah was going to come someday. I told you earlier about Gods rewards to the good and evil....why do you keep asking?

As far as what happens if someone never has heard about Jesus, will they be saved? Why ask me, look at the scriptures, I'll let God judge that.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How about, instead of "the good Samaritan", we call it the "good Hindu"? Are Christians able to accept the idea of Hindus walking around in Heaven?

???? Sounds like you were implying it to me.

The door to heaven is not the Hindu faith....I know many would like to believe there are many doors and many ways to get there so lets all be happy. I'll stick with the scriptures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3shDa9bZAM

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If people of other religions believed that there is a "Father" to all their other god's (with a little "g" cause these are actually angels, risen or fallen), and if they came to know and realize (Maybe through the acts of the OT) that "The Father of all" is very insistent on his adherence to a human being exclusively worshiping "only him alone" (insistence on exclusive devotion as the "One and only "true" "God"") and that, yes, he is a jealous God, and not be worshiping his other creations, then they would be doing much better...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If people of other religions believed that there is a "Father" to all their other god's (with a little "g" cause these are actually angels, risen or fallen), and if they came to know and realize (Maybe through the acts of the OT) that "The Father of all" is very insistent on his adherence to a human being exclusively worshiping "only him alone" (insistence on exclusive devotion as the "One and only "true" "God"") and that, yes, he is a jealous God, and not be worshiping his other creations, then they would be doing much better...

God Bless!

Remember the story of Abraham and how he left Ur, and his (earthly) father's house, remember his father was a fashioner of idols, and remember how Abraham wrecked his father's shop and destroyed all the idols, save one, the one that was meant to representative of/as a "Father" of all the other god's...

After Abraham did this, he caught the true God's attention...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Omena

Brother
Oct 17, 2012
Holetown
✟15,863.00
Faith
Christian
dragongunner said:
Reward...but lets not say that reward for helping someone is salvation. And lets not make a Samaritan a hindu, budist or anything else. The Samaritans of Jesus time believed in the same God as the Jews, the woman at the well even believed that Messiah was going to come someday. I told you earlier about Gods rewards to the good and evil....why do you keep asking?

Dragongunner, are you saying that God will reward the two people who chose to ignore the injured man? If so, I strongly feel that you have misunderstood the parable of the good Samaritan.

To me the parable is clear. Just because we subscribe to Christianity doesn't mean that we are automatically saved, and just because we are NOT Christians doesn't mean that we can't be saved. Salvation depends on the person's sincerity, that's what I believe. I also believe that Jesus is the way, in that Jesus SHOWED us the way to live. Is it so hard to imagine that people of all different faiths can live the way that Jesus showed us to (i.e. by helping others, giving to the poor, speaking out against greed, etc)?

Upvote 0

SaltwaterHeart

A Christian Furry And A Christian Brony
Mar 12, 2014
Minnesota
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with you.
We just have to listen and respect one another.
God bless. :)

:amen:

I agree wholeheartedly. I believe that we can co-exist together, as long as we show respect and love. We can allow people to practice their faith, just as we are allowed to practice ours, without believing in their beliefs.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To me the parable is clear. Just because we subscribe to Christianity doesn't mean that we are automatically saved, and just because we are NOT Christians doesn't mean that we can't be saved. Salvation depends on the person's sincerity, that's what I believe. I also believe that Jesus is the way, in that Jesus SHOWED us the way to live. Is it so hard to imagine that people of all different faiths can live the way that Jesus showed us to (i.e. by helping others, giving to the poor, speaking out against greed, etc)?

That's why we are commanded to make disciples of all nations. We have been entrusted with a divine mission to spread this gospel so that all may know of Jesus Christ, who is the ONLY way to the Father so that they can throw off their pagan religions, humanist beliefs, and false gods to follow the one, true God.

Those who die having never heard of Christ are judged by their works. May God forgive them and have mercy. Those who have heard and denied Jesus will be judged according to their denial. Those who have heard and answered Jesus' call will have an Advocate at their judgement who will say, "This is one of mine."

Upvote 0