Let us not judge the people of other religions.

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are more righteous than we are. They are more faithful to their God.

We are crippled. We continuously need to boldly come to our Lord Jesus Christ to obtain mercy & grace.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. Thanks be to Jesus for his everlasting love & compassion & longsuffering toward us.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
according to Scripture, and much less important but also according to all the creeds of all the christian groups here, the gods they are faithful to in other religions are simply wood or stone , none of them are alive nor can they help anyone nor can they come to their rescue
and particularly
not only can any other god in other religions not grant life nor grant remission of sins,
but
the God of Scripture condemns serving any other god or going after any other god .

going after any other god is futile, empty, and useless, and judged very strictly by God who created all life and everything in the universe.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'" (John 14:6)

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.'" (Matthew 11:28-30)

So, our own ways as Christians can be "wooden" and rock-headed . . . keeping us from how we can have "rest for your souls". So, instead of criticizing others who are different from us, we need our own correction so we have His "peaceable fruit of righteousness" > Hebrews 12:4-17.

"For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)

"For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe." (1 Timothy 4:10)

So, I see that our Father is somehow doing saving good for "all men"; but if they do not obey how He desires to do them good, then they lose out on how they could benefit. They might get saved from suffering or going hungry, but they miss the more important and valuable saving of His grace with forgiveness and how we can have love with Him. Because they are impersonal, only relating with religious practices and ideas, but not submitting to and sharing with our Father in His family loving with Him and our Groom Jesus and with one another.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We are crippled. We continuously need to boldly come to our Lord Jesus Christ to obtain mercy & grace.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. Thanks be to Jesus for his everlasting love & compassion & longsuffering toward us.

You miss the whole point of Christ and the cross.

Humans are NOT righteous. Period. All humans are sinners. Some religions do not accept that. They are wrong. Faith in a wrong religion is wasted faith.

Some religions believe that you are God, or a part of God. Some beleive that there are many gods. Faith in a false God or gods is wasted faith.

Non-Christians tell us that we are arrogant for believing that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father. He told us that he was. We believe that he is God. Is God a liar? If we do not believe that Jesus is the only way to the Father, then why claim to be a Christian? If we do believe that he is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, then aren't we actually "judging" people of other religions by saying, "He has his own beliefs and I should not impose with mine."?

Criticism is not "judging", contrary to how we misuse the term these days. Judgement implies a final punishment or disposition of the case. We do not punish those who have false religions and worship false gods so we are not judging. God will do that if he chooses to. But, he will certainly judge us if we keep the light of Christ under a basket by claiming that we don't want to "judge" people who don't know Christ.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You miss the whole point of Christ and the cross.

Humans are NOT righteous. Period. All humans are sinners. Some religions do not accept that. They are wrong. Faith in a wrong religion is wasted faith.

Some religions believe that you are God, or a part of God. Some beleive that there are many gods. Faith in a false God or gods is wasted faith.

Non-Christians tell us that we are arrogant for believing that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father. He told us that he was. We believe that he is God. Is God a liar? If we do not believe that Jesus is the only way to the Father, then why claim to be a Christian? If we do believe that he is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, then aren't we actually "judging" people of other religions by saying, "He has his own beliefs and I should not impose with mine."?

Criticism is not "judging", contrary to how we misuse the term these days. Judgement implies a final punishment or disposition of the case. We do not punish those who have false religions and worship false gods so we are not judging. God will do that if he chooses to. But, he will certainly judge us if we keep the light of Christ under a basket by claiming that we don't want to "judge" people who don't know Christ.

Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life, and to be honest, I've seen non-Christians who follow and LIVE the Way the Truth and the Life of Jesus The Christ. Jesus said "No one comes to the Father but through me", NOT "no one comes to the Father except through Christianity".
You can be a Muslim, Jew, Hindu, atheist......And LIVE as Jesus did. I think Christians today are violent, arrogant, and intolerant towards their brothers and sisters of other faiths and practices. God is ONE people, and in his HOUSE they're many rooms.
"In my Father's house are many rooms...." - Jesus The Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Omena

Brother
Oct 17, 2012
Holetown
✟15,863.00
Faith
Christian
I believe that we are not saved through correct theology. In other words, if I believe we must be baptized with water, and you believe we don't need to be, in the end it doesn't really matter when we're talking about salvation.

I feel that Jesus feels the same way. My biggest reason for believing that is the fact that he decided to use a Samaritan (a pantheist, I believe, who was seen by the Jews as a heretic) for his example of what to do in order to be saved. So obviously Jesus felt that the gift of salvation could be extended to anyone, regardless of the doctrine they subscribe to, as long as they are sincere.

However, I think that for MOST of these people from other religions, a time will come when they will be faced with more Truth from God, and at that time it will be a test to see how sincere they really are. Abraham comes to mind. He was actually a pagan, but when God called him, he left that religion and eventually became the father of Judaism. Paul, too, was a self-righteous Pharisee who killed and persecuted Christians (obviously not worthy of eternal life), but God gave him a new Truth, and Paul chose wisely because of his sincerity. The same could happen for any Christian as well. God may challenge our beliefs at some point in our lives, and our sincerity will determine what we do that new Truth. If we reject it, then even as professing Christians, we're no better than the Hindu who worships several gods.

A Buddhist who spends his life trying his best to help the poor with all that he has, IMO, would be just as worthy as a Christian who does the same. At the end of the day, we can only work with what we know. People in other countries may not have the opportunity to learn about Jesus, and so as long as they're trying to be as sincere as they can, I feel God will honor that.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my humble opinion it is very useful to have knowledge regarding
individuals and their specific religions. In my humble opinion God through the work of the Holy Spirit can use me to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with anyone regardless of their religion.

As brothers and sisters in Christ we know the following:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

The Lord allowed me to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with an individual of the Islamic faith at the gym. I have a considerable amount of pain due to joint issues. The Islamic individual approached me and asked: "What is different about you? Over the course of approx. a hour the Holy Spirit gave me the unction to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. After the conversation the gentlemen thanked me and we both went our way.

As Christians being born again of God's Holy Spirit we know the one true God. I accept individuals where they are regardless of their religion and/or life circumstances.

As a prison chaplain I come into contact with individuals of various religions when I enter into prison facilities to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is very beneficial to understand where an individual is coming from regarding their belief system.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FuzzyBunnySlippers

Once was lost but now I'm found
Mar 28, 2014
✟783.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There are no denominations outlined in scripture. Jesus did not tell his disciples to go forth and spread the good news of Christianity.

Our Lord told us that his sheep hear his voice. I do not judge others religious choice. I do opine when they use that religion to commit evil against others though. And that is as it should be because we are told to exercise righteous judgment.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I think that the words 'judge' and 'judgement' are used incorrectly in many instances by many Christians.

You say 'they are more faithful to their God' which is interesting, because one of the main tenants of Christianity is that there is only ONE God.

You then go on to say 'Jesus is the way, the truth and the life'.

If Jesus is the truth and we know that their is only one God, than why would you say 'they are more faithful to their God'?

It seems like a contradiction? Could you explain more?

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said "No one comes to the Father but through me", NOT "no one comes to the Father except through Christianity".

:doh::doh: How can you come to the Father through Jesus if you deny his existence, or deny that he was God, or deny that God is God? I realize that Christianity as a religion is your boogeyman for everything bad in the world so you find it necessary to separate Jesus from Christians every chance you get. But, even in our imperfect state, we acknowledge Jesus for who he is, and that is a big part of what "through me" means.

You can be a Muslim, Jew, Hindu, atheist......And LIVE as Jesus did.

Really? They are sinless? They will die for me and you?

I think Christians today are violent, arrogant, and intolerant towards their brothers and sisters of other faiths and practices. God is ONE people, and in his HOUSE they're many rooms.
"In my Father's house are many rooms...." - Jesus The Christ

Then why are we COMMANDED to go out and make disciples if their own religion is just as good? Why would they listen to our stories of "nice-guy Jesus" and then continue to follow their old gods (i.e. "many rooms"), but live like the philosopher-prophet of the Christ-followers told us to live?

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are no denominations outlined in scripture. Jesus did not tell his disciples to go forth and spread the good news of Christianity.

Our Lord told us that his sheep hear his voice.

Amen and Amen.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The saints of God should preach Jesus, the Christ of God, and His sacrifice on the cross for salvation to all who will receive Him. That is the essence of the Gospel message. One might also share thoughts on Church Truth with those who are seekers after obedience for the Christian pathway, and speak of spiritual life for saints who want to honor the Lord.

There is no value in arguing religion with anyone, but exalting Christ should be our object!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
:doh::doh: How can you come to the Father through Jesus if you deny his existence, or deny that he was God, or deny that God is God? I realize that Christianity as a religion is your boogeyman for everything bad in the world so you find it necessary to separate Jesus from Christians every chance you get. But, even in our imperfect state, we acknowledge Jesus for who he is, and that is a big part of what "through me" means.

Really? They are sinless? They will die for me and you?

Then why are we COMMANDED to go out and make disciples if their own religion is just as good? Why would they listen to our stories of "nice-guy Jesus" and then continue to follow their old gods (i.e. "many rooms"), but live like the philosopher-prophet of the Christ-followers told us to live?

That's why Christ showed us The Way, brother. The Way is not in any religion/organization/congression/denomination but through me he said. They're many rooms in the House of our Father, and anyone (faith, practices) who follows the SAME Way, Truth and Life that Jesus lived is GOING to the Father.
You don't have to be a Christian, but a Christ in heart.

Upvote 0

bottomofsandal

Mar 10, 2012
America
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's why Christ showed us The Way, brother. The Way is not in any religion/organization/congression/denomination but through me he said. They're many rooms in the House of our Father, and anyone (faith, practices) who follows the SAME Way, Truth and Life that Jesus lived is GOING to the Father.
You don't have to be a Christian, but a Christ in heart.
Are you implying that the 2 are mutually exclusive ?

Can we be Christ-like without Christ ?

Christless men who live morally without A Savior are hellbound.

The love of God has been poured out into our hearts by The Holy Spirit.

Why would a non-follower of Christ want to be Christ-like ?

Or more appropriately...HOW ?

The Way is narrow because God is narrow-minded.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you implying that the 2 are mutually exclusive ?

Can we be Christ-like without Christ ?

Christless men who live morally without A Savior are hellbound.

The love of God has been poured out into our hearts by The Holy Spirit.

Why would a non-follower of Christ want to be Christ-like ?

Or more appropriately...HOW ?

The Way is narrow because God is narrow-minded.

Jesus showed us The Way towards Christhood. Remember, his name is NOT Jesus Christ, but Jesus THE Christ.
You don't have to be a Christian to follow the CHRISTHOOD of God.
IAM THE WAY he said, he did not say, "The Way is in Christianity/Religion/Organizations/Congressions/Denominations....."

Upvote 0

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You say 'they are more faithful to their God' which is interesting, because one of the main tenants of Christianity is that there is only ONE God.

You then go on to say 'Jesus is the way, the truth and the life'.

If Jesus is the truth and we know that their is only one God, than why would you say 'they are more faithful to their God'?

It seems like a contradiction? Could you explain more?

It is understood that their "Gods" be no gods. Our God, the Lord Jesus Christ, is better than all those gods put together. But, paradoxically, the people in those religions are more righteous than we are.
Jesus did not come to call the righteous, but sinners (that's us) to repentance.
They that are whole (people who are satisfied with their personal performance in their religion) are in no need of a Saviour, but they that are sick (That's us. Heal us, Lord Jesus, heal us!)

Remember, God chose the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. And God chose the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.

So in his presence, we don't glory in ourselves. We instead recognize our weaknesses; and ask the Lord for help.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
A Buddhist who spends his life trying his best to help the poor with all that he has, IMO, would be just as worthy as a Christian who does the same. At the end of the day, we can only work with what we know. People in other countries may not have the opportunity to learn about Jesus, and so as long as they're trying to be as sincere as they can, I feel God will honor that.

Yes. The reason he said, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."
They're many people who live as Jesus did, and they are going to the Father, because their Way, the Truth and the Life is the SAME as Jesus.
They're MANY PATHS to get to God, Jesus The Christ is THAT WAY OF LIFE, and anyone who lives as he did (his Way), is going to that Father, no matter WHAT path you may take, it is still the HOUSE of the Father.

Last edited:
Upvote 0