Let Us Hear It .

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Go ahead, state one positive thing about being a homosexual or engaging in the gay lifestyle.

I really cannot think of one single positive aspect about homosexuality.

Please do not lecture about being tolerant towards a loving monogomous relationship or attacking your opponents as being biggots, just answer the topic !!

STATE ONE POSITIVE THING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY !!

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
-Allows those who would otherwise life an isolated life of fear to express themselves in the way they were born
-Homosexuals often lean towards the creative arts as to express their emotions in ways that many heterosexuals choose not to do
-Homosexuality is a biological trait which presents itself very early; stiffling it or lying about it would be harmful.
-Homosexuality allows people who would other lead ungratified lives the ability to express their true selves and have loving, monogomous, honest relationships.
-Homosexuality adds some spice to the cultural landscape

Okay, so I'm being purposfully stereotypical, but that is because homosexuals have had a positive impact on the creative arts and in all academic fields. :wave:

Reactions: Pogue
Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

Go ahead, state one positive thing about being a homosexual or engaging in the gay lifestyle.

Please do not lecture about being tolerant towards a loving monogomous relationship or attacking your opponents as being biggots, just answer the topic !!

Can you state one positive thing about being Caucasian or engaging in the Caucasian lifestyle?

Can you state one positive thing about being Black or engaging in the Black lifestyle?

Can you state one positive thing about being Jewish or engaging in the Jewish lifestyle?

Just because you cannot see past your personal prejudice does not mean that gays and lesions are not happy or that they do not lead rich fulfilling emotional, physical or spiritual lives.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
-Allows those who would otherwise life an isolated life of fear to express themselves in the way they were born
-Homosexuals often lean towards the creative arts as to express their emotions in ways that many heterosexuals choose not to do
-Homosexuality is a biological trait which presents itself very early; stiffling it or lying about it would be harmful.
-Homosexuality allows people who would other lead ungratified lives the ability to express their true selves and have loving, monogomous, honest relationships.

Okay, so I'm being purposfully stereotypical, but that is because homosexuals have had a positive impact on the creative arts and in all academic fields. :wave:
Sorry, your post does not mention one positive thing about the gay lifestyle.

There is no proof of any biological link to homosexual behavior and the types of relationships you mention are called adultery and scandal. Homosexuality adds spice to the landscape ? Most are offended by it. Oh, and not everyone who is artistic is gay and I have met alot of them on this forum who lack any kind of imagination at all.

Yes, your post was very stereotypical in the sense that I will bet your only exposure to homosexuality is media related.

Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

Reps for you :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
MRPIRATE,

Sorry, your post does not mention one positive thing about the gay lifestyle or homosexuality.

What ? Where is the imagination and creativity the that the poster above you attributed to homosexuals ? I don't see it in your post.

I can think about about postive thngs to say about the black lifetyle, the Jewish culture, and caucasions, but you cannot think about one positive statement to make about the gay lifestyle ?

The Jewish culture has a rich heritage of tradition and lineage, the Jews were and are God's chosen people.

If it were not for African Americans the US would have no culture at all. Jazz, Rock and Roll, Hip Hop, you name it, it would not exist without the influence of the many artistic and expressful members of the African American community.

Those are just a couple postive attributes of those cultures.

Your turn.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

There is no proof of any biological link to homosexual behavior and the types of relationships you mention are called adultery and scandal. Homosexuality adds spice to the landscape ? Most are offended by it. Oh, and not everyone who is artistic is gay and I have met alot of them on this forum who lack any kind of imagination at all.

Yes, your post was very stereotypical in the sense that I will bet your only exposure to homosexuality is media related.

Quite to the contrary. The vast majority of my exposure to homosexuality is through actual, live, human homosexuals, who I talk with on a daily basis, who I work with, who I create art with, who I hang out with.

Please keep your assumptions to yourself. :mad:

Some more positive of the gay lifestyle, since, well, the first I said stand as reality anyways:
-Most gay people don't go around insulting and harassing people who live different lives than them and make a crusade to banish gay people away.
-Most gay people don't go around insulting those who have children as "breeders" (that's a joke from The Produceres, BTW)

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The good things about homosexuality are the same as the good things about heterosexuality. It's something that helps form loving relationships between two people, who want to spend their lives together in love, caring for and supporting each other. That's definitely something good.

Upvote 0

gwdboi

Oct 30, 2006
Greenwood, SC
Visit site
✟8,224.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Well, gee... the best thing about it to me is the fact that I can be myself finally... well, there's also no fear of anyone becoming pregnant ;-)

Reactions: fuzzymel
Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The good things about homosexuality are the same as the good things about heterosexuality. It's something that helps form loving relationships between two people, who want to spend their lives together in love, caring for and supporting each other. That's definitely something good.

What he said :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

MrPirate

Considering it is pretty much impossible to say something positive about something that doesn’t actually exist SallyNow does a remarkably good job.

There is no proof of any biological link to homosexual behavior
Well actually there is quite a bit of evidence showing sexual oriention is inborn. Denial does not make evidence go away.

and the types of relationships you mention are called adultery and scandal.
they are called relationships, just because you cannot see past your personal prejudice doesn’t mean you get to rename things to suit your narrow-mindedness.

Homosexuality adds spice to the landscape ? Most are offended by it. Oh, and not everyone who is artistic is gay and I have met alot of them on this forum who lack any kind of imagination at all.
Most are offended by prejudice and discrimination…yet you persist in trying to justify these things

Considering you many uses of stereotypes to attack and dehumanize minorities on these forums I don’t think you have much room to talk.

Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

MRPIRATE,

Sorry, your post does not mention one positive thing about the gay lifestyle or homosexuality.

What ? Where is the imagination and creativity the that the poster above you attributed to homosexuals ? I don't see it in your post.
Considering you response to SallyNow it’s pretty obvious that you are to interested in justifying your own personal prejudice to actually and honestly look at such things.

If you were truly willing to be honest about the positive aspects and influences of gays and lesbians….you wouldn’t need to be asking the question in the first place.

I can think about about postive thngs to say about the black lifetyle, the Jewish culture, and caucasions, but you cannot think about one positive statement to make about the gay lifestyle ?

The Jewish culture has a rich heritage of tradition and lineage, the Jews were and are God's chosen people.

If it were not for African Americans the US would have no culture at all. Jazz, Rock and Roll, Hip Hop, you name it, it would not exist without the influence of the many artistic and expressful members of the African American community.

Those are just a couple postive attributes of those cultures.

Your turn.
“If you removed all of the homosexuals and homosexual influence from what is generally regarded as American culture, you would pretty much be left with "Let's Make a Deal”
- Fran Lebowitz

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
“If you removed all of the homosexuals and homosexual influence from what is generally regarded as American culture, you would pretty much be left with "Let's Make a Deal”
- Fran Lebowitz

I don't see any specific examples, and please do not mention Richard Simmons work out tapes, he says he is not gay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

MrPirate

can you all please be a little more specific in your responses. Oh, and your personal attacks and generalizations only lead me to the conclusion that there really are no postives to homosexuality.
Since you demanded it

Though I doubt you will be honest enough to actually look at this

Anthony F. Bogaert and Scott Hershberger The Relation Between Sexual Orientation and Penile Size. Archives of Sexual Behavior. 1999
Found that gay men have larger penises than heterosexual men. About ¾ of an inch larger to be precise

Upvote 0

TheFathersDaughter

The Revolution has Started
Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
There are no positives.

But there are no positives about a heterosexual relationship either if you look at it that way.

The positives are personal and anecdotal and is based around the love of the couple, not the state of the physical relationship.

But I forgot, there's no such thing as a relationship. That's why only heterosexuals can get married because there's no such thing as love and relationship. It's all about making babies and looking "proper".

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Since you demanded it

Though I doubt you will be honest enough to actually look at this

Anthony F. Bogaert and Scott Hershberger The Relation Between Sexual Orientation and Penile Size. Archives of Sexual Behavior. 1999
Found that gay men have larger penises than heterosexual men. About ¾ of an inch larger to be precise
Gee. That was really wonderful. Just goes to show how some people are. I wish i could see what that minor girl had to say about it in her post.

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2004
Mount Airy, NC
Visit site
✟1,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Um actually....in psychology, a COLLEGE psychology class, I learned this about the biological factor....

...When London was bombed, there were studies being made upon expectant mothers, and they showed a distinct correlation between mothers who experienced the bombing in their second trimester and the chance that the offspring was homosexual. So, in point, it's the mothers fault......KIDDING! I really don't believe that I'm just making a joke, so don't burn me, k? But, if the mother has a huge amount of stress in their lives during the second trimester, then there's a higher chance that the child will be homosexual. That isn't always the case. Also, there were studies performed on homosexuals....and when they died (mostly from AIDS) what is interesting that the lobe that has the greatest amount of impact upon sexuality was smaller. Now whether this is caused by AIDS or if it is a true indicator of sexual preference is undetermined as of now. But, it is interesting. So before you say there is no biological cause of homosexuality, you must take into account possiblility. Research before you state. Saves yourself a whole lot of trouble.

As a creative arts supporter, I have to wonder if you have ever been in contact with an openly homosexual artistic person. Have you? Do you know the depth of intelligence that lies within the homosexual artist? It is amazing! I volunteer at a local playhouse, and there is this openly gay male who is a genius, shortly put. I mean, this guy can create something in his head like nobody's business. I highly respect this guy because he can see things from a completely different amazing perspective, and I think you must take into account his sexuality. It is a good thing because otherwise, we would not have as many creative juices flowing in this world. Homosexual people have contributed greatly in the transformation of our culture, and they should be respected for who they are.

Do you really think people 'choose' to be gay? After all, they risk everyone rejecting them, or refusing to be associated with them. I think that homosexual people are the strongest people in the world, because they run the risk of the world rejecting them. It saddens me that so many people are so closed minded. To 'out' themselves means their running the risk of losing the life they've built for themselves.

Instead of searching for good alternatives, or good things in the homosexual lifestyle, why don't you love them? If you want to find out the good things in a homosexual's life, love them and let them love you. Mind you, you don't have to love them "that way" but homosexuals love deeper than I've ever seen anyone love before. Because they know how special love is, because the people they love intimately are fewer than we could even imagine. They've run the risk to love the one they choose, and with sacrifice comes great love, and they know how to love.

It's amazing. While I myself am not homosexual, I love them. They are more unique than anyone else on earth, and that's what i have to say about that.

tbird

Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

Gee. That was really wonderful. Just goes to show how some people are. I wish i could see what that minor girl had to say about it in her post.
You asked for an example. There it is

She provided a thoughtful answer to your question. Since her response runs counter to your personal prejudice you would have dismissed what she said out of hand.

Upvote 0