1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.
  1. MaryofBethany

MaryofBethany But one thing is needful . . .

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    I'm not hypoglycemic, but I am keeping to a strict low-carb diet and that, along with the Fast , really restricted the food options - meaning almost *no* protein. I did okay until the last week or two, when I started having the same symptoms you described. My priest finally made me eat some things I wouldn't othewise have eaten. But it's good to know how it might affect me during the upcoming Fast, and I'll talk to my priest about what to do about it.

Mary

2. katherine2001

katherine2001 Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    Luckily, in my parish, we have PSL on both Wednesdays and Fridays, and we have soup and bread afterwards on Friday nights.

3. Monica child of God 1

Monica child of God 1 strives to live eschatologically

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    Aw, I feel your pain. I decided that I am going to skip class on the first and third Wednesdays so that I can go to PSL. I have had this instructor before and I should be able to arrange it.

VegWeb.com - Vegan Recipes and Cooking Tips is a good source for recipes. Look for the ones that have been given the most stars. People are pretty honest in rating them.

We'll see what shakes out :)

M.

4. Greg the byzantine

Greg the byzantine have mercy on me Supporter

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    If you are doing desserts try these:

Tahinopita (A Cypriot Lenten Pie)

They are so delicious.

5. Khaleas

Khaleas Also known as Jenn the Finn :)

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    It'd work but it's a once a week class and I'm skipping one week to go to Jordanville (and I'm really hoping that it's not the mid term week). Although today we were talking with hubby and we're thinking we might delay starting the program til fall. There are some things he'd want me to get done first.

6. seashale76

seashale76 Unapologetic Iconodule

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    People in my parish bring so much variety and often forget to bring fruit. So, I always bring a bowl full of cantalope, strawberries, and red grapes. Boring, I know. However, it is often pushing it for me to even get that together to bring before liturgy.