Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No, not afraid at all. I've seen a lot of the Singles here over the years get married, so I know my time will eventually come as well. I just won't post in the Married Couples section. Lol

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
No, not afraid at all. I've seen a lot of the Singles here over the years get married, so I know my time will eventually come as well. I just won't post in the Married Couples section. Lol

Welcome back by the way.

Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
I wish there is a section for the Newly Married. I bet it will be filled with happy discussions and hopes about the couples' future lives together.

Right now the the Married Couple section there are a lot of negativity. A lot of people are posting their major marriage problems to total strangers, when they are going to sign the divorce papers in 3 days.

Another alternative would be to separate it into a Happily Married section and a Marriage Trouble section.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, not the Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins books! I'm talking about being "left behind" on CF Singles.

On the singles forum, some singles eventually meet someone(get married) and leave the singles forum. Are you afraid of being Left Behind?

If I ever get married I don't see any reason to announce it here.

The married section doesn't appeal to me at all, and I wouldn't want to lose my rights to post here. Lol.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, not the Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins books! I'm talking about being "left behind" on CF Singles.

On the singles forum, some singles eventually meet someone(get married) and leave the singles forum. Are you afraid of being Left Behind?

Nah cause... who cares?

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
What do you mean?

It's just the random thought patterns and the off the wall threads. They're sheer brilliance and very similar.

Nah cause... who cares?

Not me. Even if I WAS married I'd most likely never declare it anyway. It's none of anyone's business and I like posting here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Happily married people won't be spending a lot of time on any forum posting because they are busy with their real lifes. CF is going to get the unhappily married people who are lonely in their marriages. It is a skewed representation.

I don't think a Newly Wed section would be that full of happy people either...again, if they have time to post, it is going to be that things are working out quite the way they are expecting them too.... and that newly married time is when a lot of people are realizing that maybe they didn't know their spouse as well as they thought they did...(either that or they have been living together for years and aren't really "newly weds" even if the ink hasn't dried on their marriage license yet).

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Happily married people won't be spending a lot of time on any forum posting because they are busy with their real lifes.

I work 12 to 14 hours a day, have a pretty hectic social life, partake in hobbies and STILL find time to squeeze a few posts in a few times a day. Not everyone on here is stuck and unhappy.

Just to put that out there.

Reactions: CCHIPSS
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I work 12 to 14 hours a day, have a pretty hectic social life, partake in hobbies and STILL find time to squeeze a few posts in a few times a day. Not everyone on here is stuck and unhappy.

And you don't really want to be married...so you won't be posting on the married forum. I didn't say that only unhappy people post on forums but happily married people don't come on forums to say happy they are on married forums usually (there is always going to be the exception).

I also assume you come home to an empty house and that is when you have time to post....not come home to a spouse and then discuss your day with them before going to sleep.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yeah, especially in the age of smart phones and high-speed easy access to the Internet. Many of my posts are from when I am out of the house.

Depends on the posting style I guess. The majority of my posts are just fun simple sentences. So they can accumulate pretty quickly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, especially in the age of smart phones and high-speed easy access to the Internet. Many of my posts are from when I am out of the house.

Depends on the posting style I guess. The majority of my posts are just fun simple sentences. So they can accumulate pretty quickly.

I was just about to say that. It's a matter of a few seconds really. I don't spend hours on here, it's usually no more than a few two to three minute stints in a day.

Plus, what wife is going to want to hear about my day when she has her phone to tap away on?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was just about to say that. It's a matter of a few seconds really. I don't spend hours on here, it's usually no more than a few two to three minute stints in a day.

Plus, what wife is going to want to hear about my day when she has her phone to tap away on?

Yeah. I often wake up random times throughout the night. Usually I turn my phone on.. look through the alerts and post a little something then go back to bed.

This ain't the days where you had to fire up a cumbersome computer and wait a few minutes to connect to your slow dial up connection. Lol.

Reactions: GQ Chris
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
One thing I don't get is why people on here disappear when they get boyfriends or girlfriends. I don't mean in the sense that they're unavailable because they're busy, but more because they think they're somehow disqualified from posting in Singles. As far as I and everyone I know is concerned, a person is still technically single until they marry.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If I ever get married I don't see any reason to announce it here.

The married section doesn't appeal to me at all, and I wouldn't want to lose my rights to post here. Lol.

True, it's not the destination that matters but the journey.... lol!

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True, it's not the destination that matters but the journey.... lol!

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure most of the people in the married section hate me.

If I ever do get married, it will most likely be to a chick who's as immature as I am. So in a way, I'll never settle down. And I don't think the forum would want to hear about my strange marriage problems.. lol.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0