New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Learning to Soar

When I was a boy a neighbor gave me a baby crow. After the crow was about half grown I decided that he needed to learn to fly. I climbed a ladder to the top of our house with my crow (His name was “Rocket.”). Then I dropped him over the side. He fell, then flapped his wings, and landed safely. I repeated the process six or seven times until, finally instead of landing, Rocket flew over to a tree. He now knew how to fly!

An eagle that lives in the mountains does much the same with its young. When the time is right the mother eagle literally tears the nest apart and forces the eaglets to go plummeting toward the earth. Before the eaglet hits the ground the mother eagle will catch the eaglet and bear it up on its wings. The process is repeated until the eaglets can fly. Because the nest has been destroyed the eaglets are forced to begin their own lives.

Have you ever been safe and secure then suddenly your nest has been destroyed? Sometimes God, just like the mother eagle, must nudge us out of our comfort zone. It isn’t always pleasant but then we do want to learn how to fly don’t we? Actually eagles don’t fly they soar on the currents of wind. We want to be able to soar as well on the wind of the Holy Spirit. “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” (Isaiah 41:31)

By Ed Wrather

Submitted by Richard

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
jdw4jesus said:
AMEN! AMEN! Wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing that!

The Christian life may not always come easy, but we do know that all things work together for good! (Romans 8:28)
I tore that nest down a few years ago and my daughters built a new one. LOL:) :wave:

Upvote 0